HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part III)

Old
01-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part III)

Continue here.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Avim86

vCash: 500
You just killed this epic thread stop pushing policy on us , you conformist pig

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
You just killed this epic thread stop pushing policy on us , you conformist pig
Lol i agree, i was writing something on my phone and loss it all loll

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:

On that note, CBC's constant butt-kissing of Feaster and Cammalleri made the game almost unbearable to watch. Habs still don't win without him while Calgary still can't win with him. We'll see how tomorrow goes when Bourque plays.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

On that note, CBC's constant butt-kissing of Feaster and Cammalleri made the game almost unbearable to watch. Habs still don't win without him while Calgary still can't win with him. We'll see how tomorrow goes when Bourque plays.
I adore Steve Buschemi he is god...

Old
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
Lol i agree, i was writing something on my phone and loss it all loll
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
I have no problem with your logic here, it makes sense at first glance, but its that same mentality that made us trade Ribeiro, Grabovski, Kostitsyn, Latendresse (he is playing good, just havent been lucky with his injuries) ... Instead of working with their issues, we ship them out as soon as we can. Ribeiro was one of the worst desperate rid off of all time. All that i am saying is to take THE TIME, Gauthier made that quick trade as if the Bourque was the missing pieces of the equation, when he is just a decent 2nd liner. Do you see that Gauthier only think about himself and his job? He is doing everything do get back so credibilty, hence why he acquire out of desperation Kaberle, in hope to get the hans back on trail and hopefully save his job. Same thing when he fired Martin, he is a sneaky SOB

The examples you gave where all done by a different GM (except for Kostitsyn) , the problem with Sergei was that his unhappiness with the coach was affecting Andrei as well and the GM thought it would be easier to trade then deal with which I kind of disagree with because you could see the talent oozing from Sergei and the return was terrible. However in the Pierre Gauthier era you can see a small change in philosophy , acquiring bigger players to complement our smaller skill players (Cole , Eller , Bourque). I personally have no problem with the recent history of Pierre Gauthier I often find he is blammed unfairly for issues caused by Gainey (not justifying his mistakes but the tragedies involving his family were quite evidently bothering his work life). Kaberle his a high risk / high reward the kind of player that works well in a system , yes he sucked in Carolina however how many of our fan base would have cried if he would have been picked up by someone else and regained his form (it's just what we needed to kick start our pp they would cry).

The point I'm clearly trying to make is that Gauthier isn't so bad and that some of the criticism is just unfair. I believe without a doubt that with Markov in the line-up we would be where Ottawa is right now if not better.

Imagine this

Cole-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Bourque-Gomez-Gionta
A.K-Eller-Moen
Blunden-Noki-White

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Diaz-Gill
(Weber).

This line-up would be playoff worthy , but injuries will happen (part of the game) and this year we just don't have that luck factor in regards to injuries. (see : Penguins , Buffalo , Edmonton , Flyers , list goes on...).

Old
01-15-2012, 12:22 AM
donghabs98

Wow 3 threads

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Wow 3 threads
Tell me about it. It's a big contract leaving, a guy that was money for the team two years ago in the playoffs, but also the way it happened. No doubt it was going to start a huge discussion and debate over whether or not this was a good trade as well as whether or not it was the right way to go about doing business.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Wow 3 threads
What do you expect? We crashed HF on the news of Cammy's trade.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:56 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
What do you expect? We crashed HF on the news of Cammy's trade.
BAWS

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
onice

This was a game that Mr Cammalleri wanted to shine and show his true colours and boy did he do it. Scored one goal and was on the ice for two (or is it three he was a -2) from the opposition. That is typical Cammalleri. And he only got 15 minutes ice time.

I wonder how long it will take for Me, Myself & Mike to walk into Brent "Mr Sunshine" Sutter's office and ask for different linemates. That is a soap opera I would love to see first hand.

I wanna see how the pukes at the CBC will spin that crap fest when it happens. I love the senile old man Cherry claiming it wasn't Cammalleri who said those things. It was a rat in the room. Man! all you can do is shake your head and tell yourself he isn't that stupid he just thinks the rest of the country is and the scary thing is that he may be right.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:01 AM
TheWhiteIdea

I still can't believe that little rat took #93 as a shot at Montreal.

Our tough guys better take a run at him next time they meet on the ice. Show him the new look Habs! Woo Hoo

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:15 AM
MrExpos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post

Our tough guys better take a run at him next time they meet on the ice. Show him the new look Habs! Woo Hoo
Peteri Nokelainen? Mike Blunden?

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

What was that all about? They almost portrayed Cammy as a Chris figure. They showed his father in the audience, etc...Never mind the fact that the guy acted like a selfish jerk with the Habs.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:44 AM
habsjunkie2*

Cammy with the lone goal for Calgary

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:33 AM
ClasslessGuy

That's it Cammy scored ... **** Gauthier

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:40 AM
HCH

Quote:

Exactly what I thought. How does a guy who trashes his team and his team mates get elevated to god-like status

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I love the senile old man Cherry claiming it wasn't Cammalleri who said those things. It was a rat in the room. Man! all you can do is shake your head and tell yourself he isn't that stupid he just thinks the rest of the country is and the scary thing is that he may be right.
Cammalleri's from Toronto. Of course Cherry loves him.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:55 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Cammy with the lone goal for Calgary
But he was on the ice for the first two LA goals the second one he was standing around as usual.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:

Did you forget the ?

"Pretty simply put - I thought of Dougie Gilmour," explained Cammalleri, who sported No. 13 in Calgary in 2008-09. "He played here - I know he wore No. 39 - but I grew up in Toronto as a kid watching him play for the Leafs with 93. That was the thought process."

Now I know he wouldn't come out and admit he took 93 to piss off the Habs were it true, but really... really? Come on man. If anything he realized it after he chose it, or thought of choosing it, and giggled. You think an NHL player is gonna choose a number to piss off a fan-base he doesn't play for anymore? Everyone would forget that in a week and he'd be stuck with it forever... it's like tattooing your gf's name on your arm...

No. Not everything is about you.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Roulin

Quote:
I can't imagine this is the case. Calgary hasn't won since 1989, so the diss doesn't really work.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Harry Kakalovich

well, the habs aren't making the playoffs and it its pretty obvious that some of the small guys have to be shipped out, so I have no problem with what the Habs gave up (except for Ramo... but what can you do? He's not coming over to play under Price).

so it is just about the return... Bourque is bigger, less skilled, and 2.7 mil cheaper, so that seems to fill a need (hopefully).

I like the sound of Holland and glad that he will be graduating to the AHL next season. Really glad the Habs are actively scouting the Whl now (Gallagher, Dietz, now Holland) - it seems like they are going to pull some good players out of that league, which is great if true.

The 2nd should be a good prospect - hopefully the Habs keep it this time.

The big question is bourque, but him being big and the team getting bigger is good news. I like that Cunneyworth can use big guys effectively.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:

Heard last night on the Hot Stove:

-What's the feeling in Calgary on the Cammalleri trade?: "Rainbows and skittles, Ron, a loud cheer was heard reminiscent of VE day"

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:12 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Heard last night on the Hot Stove:

-What's the feeling in Calgary on the Cammalleri trade?: "Rainbows and skittles, Ron, a loud cheer was heard reminiscent of VE day"
Well it sure paid off last night. Cammy scored a big goal to close the gap to 3-1. Cammy also took an undisciplined penalty. No way Bourque can accomplish all that tonight....right??

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:14 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Gotta love Cammy going to the front of the net to score. He's done that what? Once this season?!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote