HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milbury disects Habs management/team

Old
01-14-2012, 08:08 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Why do we have to listen to a criminal?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:12 PM
FF de Mars

Did you guys see the last save Price made ! Unreal, rodeo style.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
NewHabsEra*

Price has been stellar this year.. it gives you an idea how bad the team in front of him has been...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
KareyPrice

Milbury is an idiot I guess Luongo was just going to be a below average goalie when he traded him to draft Dipietro

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
habtastic

Milbury just took a huge dump on the Habs saying that the trade was awful and what a great GM he was for shopping (when it still has not been determined whether other teams made offers). He would **** on Cammy when he was here, now Cammy is the saviour of the century. Then the bs about Price when Mclean brings up the great trade (Eller, Halak). What an *******. I was fuming that nobody said anything to correct him and suggest maybe in mtl we are happy with the trade. I wish CBC would get Arpon on once in awhile to school Milbury. Or maybe Lebrun would have said something. That Francis guy is so useless.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Hab-a-maniac

We need to trade Price and Eller for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha then use our #1 overall pick to take Andrey Makarov! That's the Milbury way!

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Milbury just took a huge dump on the Habs saying that the trade was awful and what a great GM he was for shopping (when it still has not been determined whether other teams made offers). He would **** on Cammy when he was here, now Cammy is the saviour of the century. Then the bs about Price when Mclean brings up the great trade (Eller, Halak). What an *******. I was fuming that nobody said anything to correct him and suggest maybe in mtl we are happy with the trade. I wish CBC would get Arpon on once in awhile to school Milbury. Or maybe Lebrun would have said something. That Francis guy is so useless.
HNIC hates us and loves Boston. It was that way even we were the underdogs in 2002 and 2004, it was all about "Big Joe," the "700 pound line" and "Raycroft the great" back then. Then when we were favourites in 08, Ron and the boys spent all their time talking about the stick Marc Savard used. **** them anyway.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
gusfring

Milbury is an idiot, but he's right when he says this whole organization is a joke right now.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Plante

I watch Vancouver often and he is light years ahead of Lu and Schieds

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
TheBuriedHab

I'd be curious to see the numbers of other established goalies if they were put on this team. Honestly I can't imagine anyone being to much better.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Milbury is an idiot, but he's right when he says this whole organization is a joke right now.
It's pretty damn ironic though considering that the Islanders are still recovering from the damage he did there.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
HNIC hates us and loves Boston. It was that way even we were the underdogs in 2002 and 2004, it was all about "Big Joe," the "700 pound line" and "Raycroft the great" back then. Then when we were favourites in 08, Ron and the boys spent all their time talking about the stick Marc Savard used. **** them anyway.
oh it's not surprising in the least. It's still infuriating since it's the national broadcast and everyone just assumes what Milbury said happened. PK turtled??? Most people have no idea that he delivered a hit, was jumped by Ference who grabbed his chin strap and choked him. Milbury hates PK the most cuz all Boston fans hate the guy they are most afraid of.

Cherry is bad enough, but one during every intermission...

This is the really ironic thing - I defend my home city, my home province, my home team against the outside hate, and then the language thing comes up and I'm like...wait, what am I fighting for? Real Habs fans (IMO) would get more p'd about toronto strategically crapping on our team rather than, well...you know.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Mike Milbury= Panty waste.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
capebretoncanadien

Price has been as good as he possibly could have been so far. The team has been very mediocre though. Any drop in his numbers is pretty much directly attributable to the crappy D and team.

So no Mike wrong again.

Below average that's laughable.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Glove hand? I really can't remember any series of goals that were caused by his weak glove hand. He's been weak at the 5-hole recently more so than anything.
Price seems weak over the glove, he lets in quite a few over the top of it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
sammy d

Milbury was listing all the problems with the Habs during the Hot Stove, one of them was that Subban turtled in game against Bruins. Yah ok, your on the ice and someone is punching you. Millbury should be in jail.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:09 PM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
We attack "Mike" because he's an idiotic jackass who was a disgrace as a player, a manager, and now as an analyst.

Just because he throws out enough "opinions" that one of them happens to be almost right once in a blue moon doesn't mean we should give him a break.

He's a piece of **** and no one should defend him or what he says.
Spot on. This should be engraved on a plaque and welded to the front door of the CBC studio. CBC might as well go find the nearest hobo to give commentary, there's about as good a chance of something useful coming out of it.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Price has been solid, but hasn't stole any games...that being said, we don't score enough to win...not much goaltending can do there...

Oh, and Milbury
this over and over and over...did I say over and over again?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Pleky Roks

The big question is why would anybody listen to anything Mike Milbury has to say??? The guy is a moron who has done nothing but ruin hockey teams and he's a die-hard Bruin lover....so of course he will never ever say anything good about the Canadiens!!

Why he is still on Hockey Night in Canada is beyond me. Shouldn't HNIC have people on the show that support the Canadian teams and have something good to say about them once in a while??? Milbury and PJ Stock both have no business being on HNIC...they know nothing about hockey.

Anything Mike Milbury says about the Habs....you can believe the exact opposite!! GUARANTEED!!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Milbury was listing all the problems with the Habs during the Hot Stove, one of them was that Subban turtled in game against Bruins. Yah ok, your on the ice and someone is punching you. Millbury should be in jail.
I hate Milbury alot, but that turtle was ****ing embarrassing. Subban throws that hit, then falls to the ground with his hands covering his face. If your going to do that ****, be prepared to fight. People protecting him...

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Randomhero

Am I the only one who burst laughing after reading the thread title?

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
He hasn't been as good as last year.

If you watch the games, cleary he has been above average even though his numbers might not suggest it.
I'd agree with this.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:37 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I hate Milbury alot, but that turtle was ****ing embarrassing. Subban throws that hit, then falls to the ground with his hands covering his face. If your going to do that ****, be prepared to fight. People protecting him...
Just to inform you, he got jumped by Ference (NOT the guy he hit) who was choking him with his chin strap. Subban was attacked from behind with a mob sitting on top of him. That is not turtling.

As for Milbury, obviously what he says is crap, but it's defamation of our organization and btw the Leafs crowd lap it up. He's taking pot shots at us on national television to a fanbase that hates us and inserting a bunch of lies and there's no one to shut him up or defend us. Leaf fans know he's delusional, but they love it when he hates on us.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Stats for goalies are very much so affected by the team in front. Price has been a bright spot on a team with very few
Quite true. GAA is usually affected way more than SV%, it seems, when factoring in the team (/style/system) playing in front of them. Price has almost 250 NHL games under his belt, and his current SV% for the season is pretty much equal to his career average. So, at worst, maybe we can say that Price has been average this year. I think he has definitely been above average on the way to looking statistically average behind this year's team, but rarely have I thought he looked great.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:46 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Price seems weak over the glove, he lets in quite a few over the top of it.
I feel like that's an old wives tale, basically caused by glove hand struggles early in his career that have been mostly corrected. When he gives up a bad goal now, I find it's usually 5 hole.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote