HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs UFAs at the trade deadline

Old
01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
We need thoughness on the 4th line not grannies like Darche. We need to change the look of this team.
We have a winner!!!

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Fans want rebuild but you're crazy. We're not rebuilding. Rebuilding teams don't trade for bloated veteran contracts.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
You don't think any playoff team would give even a 7th round pick for Kostitsyn at a 1 Million.Something salary?
I meant they won't be looking at him for cost it would take to get him...which obviously would be more than a 7th round pick

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Sell Sell Sell putain de criss!!! We want a top 2 pick st-siboire!! Play Budaj more, play Gill more, trade Moen Kostitsyn allez Sell calvaire, dont miss the opportunity to draft a franchise foward!!! On se fait enculer chaque soir de toute facon, we are getting humiliated ever nights anyway!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Actually, if we could have another 1st rounder...that would be incredibly neat. Top 30 this year looks great even if some will disagree. Habs would be able to find a great player even if they are top 7.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
GordonGraham

campoli for 6 th round pick
Gill for a 4 th round pick
Moen for 2nd round pick
Ak for a 1st round pick

GordonGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, if we could have another 1st rounder...that would be incredibly neat. Top 30 this year looks great even if some will disagree. Habs would be able to find a great player even if they are top 7.
Cool. Hey maybe we can use Cammy to land a first because...

Whoops, nevermind.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I'd try to sign Kostitsyn and maybe Moen before the deadline. If that can't be done with reasonable contracts I would trade them.

I would also like to keep Darche as I feel he is an excellent 12th/13th forward. I know a lot of people on here hate him, but I think he is effective when used in a limited role.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
campoli for 6 th round pick
Gill for a 4 th round pick
Moen for 2nd round pick
Ak for a 1st round pick
Moen would fetch you more than Kostitsyn imo. I don't see many teams that would add Kostitsyn for a playoff run, Moen is the kind've guy you need.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Moen would fetch you more than Kostitsyn imo. I don't see many teams that would add Kostitsyn for a playoff run, Moen is the kind've guy you need.
Last deadline, the Leafs traded Versteeg to the Flyers for 1st and 3rd round picks. I think that's a pretty good comp for Kostitsyn, if we trade him to a top contender.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Krnage

trade all them ...we need to rebuilt now

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Nedved

every player but gorges is untouchable in my opinion.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:19 AM
tserberis*

Trade AK and Moen for 1 round to the team that wants to make a shot but will fail because AK and Moen want to come back to Montreal and they will do everthing to get that team as low as they can, hopefully to lottery pool ...

Then tank tank tank.

Pick first Yakopov.
Pick forth Galchenyk.

Resign AK and Moen...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
every player but gorges is untouchable in my opinion.
Joke? Price is not untouchable? You live on the same planet as me?

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Last deadline, the Leafs traded Versteeg to the Flyers for 1st and 3rd round picks. I think that's a pretty good comp for Kostitsyn, if we trade him to a top contender.
Versteeg was under contract and not a rental.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Mr. Hab

Huge fan of Moen (true warrior)...hope we sign him for a decent price for 2 more seasons...
OR...
Moen for a late 1stRnd Pick OR for a 2ndRndPick+decent prospect OR 3rd Rnd Pick+good prospect (Moen is a true warrior...regular season+playoffs, so hopefully Gauthier tries to sign him, but if he asks for too much...).

AK...sign him for a cheap or decent short contract (only 2 years). If his agent becomes greedy try and get a very good prospect for him OR a 1st or 2ndRndPick+decent prospect

Campoli for 4th Rnd Pick? (some team with many injuries may get desperate!).

Gill for a 2nd Rnd Pick OR 3rd Rnd Pick+decent prospect

Kaberle...if someone offers a 2ndRnd Pick + good prospect (or late 1st Rnd Pick)...I'd do it! Beaulieu can replace him (in approx.) a year and a half, imo.

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
AllanMTL46

Keep and sign Kostitsyn. I think he will fit well for the years to come.

Moen, keep him if there's money left, but as someone said, if a 2nd rounder is offered, goodbye !

Campoli and Gill, gone at the deadline for picks.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:10 PM
AllanMTL46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Huge fan of Moen (true warrior)...hope we sign him for a decent price for 2 more seasons...
OR...
Moen for a late 1stRnd Pick OR for a 2ndRndPick+decent prospect OR 3rd Rnd Pick+good prospect (Moen is a true warrior...regular season+playoffs, so hopefully Gauthier tries to sign him, but if he asks for too much...).

AK...sign him for a cheap or decent short contract (only 2 years). If his agent becomes greedy try and get a very good prospect for him OR a 1st or 2ndRndPick+decent prospect

Campoli for 4th Rnd Pick? (some team with many injuries may get desperate!).

Gill for a 2nd Rnd Pick OR 3rd Rnd Pick+decent prospect

Kaberle...if someone offers a 2ndRnd Pick + good prospect (or late 1st Rnd Pick)...I'd do it! Beaulieu can replace him (in approx.) a year and a half, imo.
You're asking for way too good picks. No one is gonna give a 1st round pick for Travis Moen and even a second is asking a lot. Yeah he's a warrior, but it remains Travis Moen. And a 2nd for Gill also won't happen.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

After how positive the Chris Kelly trade turned out to be for the Bruins last year, I could see teams bidding to get Moen. I wouldn't be surprised if we get interesting offers for Gill as well. As for Campoli, a team looking to add some depth could nab him for a low pick.

I'd like to keep Kostitsyn ideally. But if we get a really good offer for him, I hope we consider it. As for the other guys (Darche, minor leaguers) I really doubt we get any offers. If we end up trading the other guys, we'll need those minor leaguers to finish the season in Montreal.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:18 PM
sweat

Kostitsyn is going to want more money and more years. I`m having a hard time picturing him signing a contract that he will provide equivalent value for.

sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:23 PM
MXD

Moen : Trade. We're in rebuild mode. Pretty much mandatory, as he could fetch something. The return of Ryan White probably makes him expendable.

AK : Look for a trade -- and only for something younger than him. He could be useful on our 2nd line for the future, but he's not a guy that I'd consider offering him a long-term contract. On the other hand, we can't afford to lose him for nothing. So, wait and see. It makes no sense keeping him if we're going in rebuild mode, and I'd hate to lose a player that can bring something for absolutely nothing, ala Pouliot.

Gill : Trade, unless we want him as a D coach next year.

Campoli : Trade, or try to trade. Already useless.

Darche : Trade, but don't trade him for a 6th or 7th. It really depends on what we want to do next season. Signing a key free agent? Keep Darche -- the guy doesn't make a big salary and won't ask for one, either. It's not like he HAS to play, as opposed to a young player that could take his spot (please, no Leblanc (needs to play more than 8 mins) and Palushaj (not convinced on his NHL potential, and certainly not convinced on his potential on a 4th line in his spot...). A contender looking for a 13th forward might want him, and that's probably his role going forward. Considering the return we'll have for him, he'S probably not a must-trade guy.

Other players mentionned in the OP : Won't fetch anything significant

Weber : If we're to NOT play him, trade.

Nokelainen : Totally available at this point -- Gomez can play in his spot. That's probably his last season in the NHL anyways. And there are much better 4th line C's than him.

MUST NOT TRADE, barring huge overpayment : Gorges, DD (low salary...), Pacioretty, Cole...

Last edited by MXD: 01-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.
MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:25 PM
InglewoodJack

You sign AK because he's a good winger. You sign Gill, because you want a mentor to the (assumably) younger team next year, and he's a guy you want to mentor the team off the ice. Drop the rest.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
You sign AK because he's a good winger. You sign Gill, because you want a mentor to the (assumably) younger team next year, and he's a guy you want to mentor the team off the ice. Drop the rest.
Agreed with Kostitsyn, however Gill is garbage now and would likely get us a 3rd or 4th round pick next year.. Gill's leadership skills aren't enough to give him a contract again next year.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
We need thoughness on the 4th line not grannies like Darche. We need to change the look of this team.
When I see the name of Mathieu Darche in our line-up, I cry

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I think Moen and Kostitsyn could have some value, but I want them both being resigned. All the others can be traded for picks or prospects and I would be happy.
see ya to both

the Kosty experiment is over , sick and tired of 40 points a year , on and off production , waiting for him to emerge , etc...

Moen a great fit in Vancouver for a second of third , I dont want a 30 year old Moen
on a 2-3 years deal even at fair money on my bottom 6 , Moen is having a career year , trade him now

in 2 weeks we will be 12-15 points out of it

White will take over next year

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote