HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in shootout

Old
01-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
This team has such bad luck that even if we do finish last, we still won't get the 1st pick overall.
With the first overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the Russian less than elite league.... Alexander Rotukokov.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:57 AM
TheWhiteIdea

Go Habs Go

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:02 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
So for tonight,

Positives:

Everyone, except Price.

Negatives:

Price choking
How ridiculous!!!

Price had a good game, we would have been out of the playoff pic by Xmas it wasnt for him.

How many goals did we get in the shoot out to help Price!?

He is our MVP ... No doubt about it!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:17 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
How ridiculous!!!

Price had a good game, we would have been out of the playoff pic by Xmas it wasnt for him.

How many goals did we get in the shoot out to help Price!?

He is our MVP ... No doubt about it!!!
Without any doubt MVP or top three every game.I can't wait to have a veteran defence in front of him,another three years and the Habs will have the best defence in the league.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:29 AM
GeneralMarky79

I didnt get a chance to see highlights are any of the game!! How did Bourque do guys?

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
I didnt get a chance to see highlights are any of the game!! How did Bourque do guys?
He had 2 coffees and some wings from his seat in the press box. He was serving the last game of his 5 game suspension. He plays tonight against the Rangers.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
a good game where you never noticed him out on the ice...

Habaneros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:55 AM
S Bah

Quote:
The Habs played really good,but Bourque didn't finish his suspension until last night's game.He starts tonight against New York Rangers who beat up the Leafs in Toronto and will play in Montreal tomorrow.Another power forward can only help the cause for the Habs,the team is starting to look like an NHL size instead of an AHL affiliate.Adding Cole and Bourque certainly will take pressure off the smaller players and put it on the opponents.I'm glad to see Gauthier doesn't allow his team to be pushed around,Blunden and Nokelainen have helped the forward group immensely.I really can't wait to see Gomez shipped out he's been a disappointment since he arrived and Eller has more than showed he's a capable centerman along with Desharnais.Can't wait to see how physical Bourque will be.Apparently on a line with Plekanec and Blunden or Cole from lines in practice yesterday.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:07 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Good thing we have Price to come up with the key shootout save as ****ing always.
We scored 0 goals on 3 shots and you're blaming Price? He stopped 66% of the shots, what else do you want?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I was looking forward to Gomez' return, but he was awful. So many bad turn-overs.

I really hope they're show casing Gill and Campoli because this Emelin-benching is frustrating.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:46 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Any goalie who doesn't stop 100% of shootout shots is NOT clutch.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

You know that you are really terrible when even some Bruins fans just can't enjoy that anymore....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:54 AM
durojean

It's not just because of last game it's more combined with the 14th other time his team managed to give him a lead and then he couldn't make the big saves

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Dharvey33

Even if we want to win some games we will have a top 10 pick for sure there is no doubt about it selle all the vets that holds some value Gill Moen Gionta (not likely now but next year) for picks and then draft Grigorenko bring in Roy sign two good UFA and do the same as the flyers did.

I think gauthier will not good before he makes another big splash and i'm afraid of what he could do.

There is one thing that i just don't understand in everyone this year why are you always covering Price when we lose. I don't want to put all the blame on him but to lose 19 advances and lose this year i'm sorry but the goalie has some part in it.

The guy won 3 molson cups why not give one to Cole Price has been nothing but shaky this year, i agree there were some bad bounces but he wasn't good. 913 percentage is weak and 2.45 is decent but not magic. The habs have played better defense than offense this year for sure but Price managed to lose at least a dozen games by his poor showing.

I really like Price and i think he should be resigned but he has a large part to take in the woes of the habs this year but instead everyone is victimizing him for no reason. The guy can't stop a puck on shootouts takes a bad goal 1 game out of 2 and can't make the big saves to salvage the leads.

I know i'll be labelled as a Price hater but that's not the case he has been mediocre this year for what he his capable off and without Price this year we would be at worst were we are now and at best in the playoffs.

Imagine if we had won just 50% of the 19 times we had the lead and lose that's 18 more points that would put us at 58 now and we would be top 5 in the east. It's funny how it could have made the difference. I know the goalie is not the only one to blame on those lost they were bad performances by the defense no backchecking by the offense but still it's Price that couldn't make the big save to salvage the lead like he did last year.

What i find sad this year is that the opponent of the habs just need to play 15 good minutes of Hockey to win the game but the habs if they don't show up 60 minutes they can't win, they lack confidence and finnish seriously last night we owned the sens for the first two periods but we couldn't score a goal (except the the bs interference one). The sens played for 15 minutes and the third and it was enough. That's pretty unfair IMO but the habs couldn't score a goal if their lives depended on it.

Last edited by Dharvey33: 01-15-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Dharvey33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:17 PM
habitue*

You guys are dreaming. Habs won't finish in the bottom 3 and probably draft between the 8th and 11th spot.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You guys are dreaming. Habs won't finish in the bottom 3 and probably draft between the 8th and 11th spot.
You're probably right. We may even go on a run once Bourque gets here and make a run for 8th. Management has indicated that we're going for the playoffs so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see more short term gain moves coming.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
BLONG7

Didn't see the game, but man benching Emelin? Brutal...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:58 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
we talk about the sens this season and how they were kinda like the 08 canadiens but this year's canadiens seem like last years sens

many players under performed
injuers
luck not on their side

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
how the season has went it looks like the 1999-00 season

crappy start then got hot and almost made the playoffs

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
we talk about the sens this season and how they were kinda like the 08 canadiens but this year's canadiens seem like last years sens

many players under performed
injuers
luck not on their side
And everyone (including myself admittedly) wrote the Sens off as a team that was going to be bad for a long time because of last year.

In a league like the NHL it takes a few things going wrong to make the entire bottom collapse. If anything there is only a few consistently bad teams year in, year out (until they suck long enough to build) while almost everyone else goes up and down quite easily.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
how the season has went it looks like the 1999-00 season

crappy start then got hot and almost made the playoffs
I think that was the season where the team won 7 in a row down the stretch, while setting the league record for most man games lost to injury at the time. That team was gutsy though. They did more with less.

This team, despite all the injuries, is miles ahead of that team in terms of talent. I'm much more disappointed by this team.

I think the habs will finish just outside a lottery spot and draft around 6th.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote