HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque in against T.O.?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 07:09 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Laraque in against T.O.?

With the Oilers facing the goon squad (Dummiw, Belak, Perrot), I think Laraque needs to get back in the lineup.

Chris Neil looked like he wanted to start a few things, and I have no doubt in my mind that the Leafs will certainly try something if Laraque isn't in the lineup.

Horcoff out, Izzy back to the first line, and Laraque sees time with the S&S boys.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:12 AM
copperandblue

I agree that this is good game for Laraque to get back in on but if he does he will need to be able to scrap.

Has anyone heard how his hand is and if he would be able to?

I think last game against the leafs he actually ended up going a couple of times, didn't he?

Old
11-07-2003, 07:14 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue
I agree that this is good game for Laraque to get back in on but if he does he will need to be able to scrap.

Has anyone heard how his hand is and if he would be able to?

I think last game against the leafs he actually ended up going a couple of times, didn't he?
He went once... but it was his best game of the season.

Belak fought Cleary and pretty much kicked the crap out of him (no big suprise there), and BG went after Belak later on.

He also made Svehla look like a dummy... he shot the puck into his chest, and drilled him, picked up the puck and scored...

Old
11-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
I think he will be back in at the expense of Selmo. I also think Sarno should be tried btw Smyth and Hemsky and put Horcoff back with laraque and Isbister. Those lines would look ok imo.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:12 AM
barto

It might partly depend on how Izzy's doing after getting crunched by Chara. If he's not 100%, then we could see BG in his place & leave everything else alone.

HOWEVER, I, too, would be a little curious to see how Sarno would do centering Smyth and Hemsky. He's certainly got the offensive mindset, and is at least decent defensively. Could be something to try to see if it clicks until Horcoff gets going again.

Would Chimera also draw in, though, if MacT expects some rough stuff? Hmmm...plenty of options here, but at least we can pretty much guarantee that the RPM line stays, and the RMR (Radek-Mike-Raffi) line stays together as well. Then it's a matter of either finding a center for the 1st line (I guess we're down to Horcoff or Sarno at this point, Stoll likely gets a game or two with the Roadrunners to get back into game shape) or else keep Smytty at C and give him a left-winger. I'd be OK to try Izzy there if he's physically OK, put BG in on the 4th line, and Horcoff sits. Maybe Chimera in for Salmo this game, too, to get more 'beef' in the lineup.

Bart

Old
11-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Hemmer

I'd go with

Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Smyth Stoll Hemsky
Chimera or Isbister with Sarno and Laraque.

I know it looks like 2, 3, 1, 4...but I think MacT might make an adjustment like this to send a message to Smyth and Hemsky - which, IMO, is entirely unnecessary. They aren't "not working" - they are just slumping offensively. Smyth was working pretty hard last night and had no puck luck. Hemmer was brutal, but he's 20 and leading the team in points so I will give him a break. I don't think Stoll can handle all kinds of ice time just yet, but in terms of production in the last few, those are are top two lines right there. Go with who's hot.

Conklin should start this one I think. I think he'd bring a solid game...and give us a little bit of a puck-handling presence, which could be useful against an up and down team like the Goon Squad. I hope Fat Quinn dresses all of his slugs. You can't hit what you can't catch.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:48 AM
copperaddict

If Izzy can't go what about calling down the street for Rocky? It may help put more people in the seats at the Roadrunners games if Rocky put on a show. The HNIC brass would be shaking their heads with the thought of BG and Rocky taking the first shift of the game.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:51 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
If Izzy can't go what about calling down the street for Rocky? It may help put more people in the seats at the Roadrunners games if Rocky put on a show. The HNIC brass would be shaking their heads with the thought of BG and Rocky taking the first shift of the game.
Unless you plan on dressing 7 defencemen, Thompson shouldn't be anywhere near an Oilers uniform.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:10 AM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
Conklin should start this one I think.
I don't know Tommy hasn't looked too bad so far on the trip I say you stick with him.

If Conklin starts any game on the trip I think it should be the Ranger game on Monday. Tommy hasn't played a strong game at MSG since he was traded to Edmonton, plus they play on back to back nights with Boston on Tuesday so they could go back with a rested Tommy for that one.

Closed Thread