HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 3 @ Habs 2 F/SO: The "Gonchar is now right-handed and wears 65" edition

Old
01-14-2012, 10:43 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I hope they bring Lehner up, even though that won't happen. I would rather he get some experience then Auld sucking and us bring Andy in the game.
Too bad he's playing like crap

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:54 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Cup ring to boot. agreed 100%.

honestly, if we could get both Prospal and Beauchemin for relatively cheap, Murray should be all over it imo. We owe it to Alfie.
Did you people not see the other thread... NO RENTALS, even Murray has said that himself.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Cowen 2010 View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1080949

I LOLed at this. Leafs fans show no love for their players after a loss.

This was my favourite.
Lol forget fighting for a playoff spot. We are 1 point behind the division leading bruins!

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:04 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I'd say we are in a pretty damn good spot today.
The rebuild has been accelerated due to the fact Bingo won the calder last season and a lot of the key players from that are now in Ottawa, added to the fact that most of our veterans and karlsson are performing like gang busters, and Anderson is finally finding his groove.

It doesn't mean we aren't still rebuilding. A rental is not worth the price... next season will be different, but if we go deep this season it will have to be on the steam of this current roster. That is my feeling.

Don't let me forget to add the fact that we have one of the best coaches in the league.

Last edited by DylanSensFan: 01-14-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: coach
DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Tim Gleason and Ruutu would be ideal... but the top contenders are probably willing to pay more. As long as Murray doesn't overpay for a rental, I'm good.

I don't believe the Sens are cup contenders or even close yet. Our defense needs to improve a fair bit, and need more elite talent at the LW position.

Keep the roster as it is right now... Maybe add a player or two, but don't get into a bidding war for a player.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
starling

Nice little 3-0 road trip that was.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
ECondra
The boys keep rollin rollin rollin! You always play better when you're having fun! #peskysens #cardiackids

kyleturris
Another big win tonight, couldn't agree with @ECondra more, "always play better when you're having fun"

Really seem to have a great group of guys in the locker room.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Why? Maybe the need one depth guy... a Hal Gill type D man. Lee and a pick would probably get a player of that ilk to really stead the blueline.

Beauchimen would be the perfect addition IMO.
You must have celebrated to much to believe this.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Did you people not see the other thread... NO RENTALS, even Murray has said that himself.
It called selective reading.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:43 PM
KarlSen

Anyone recall the monthly GAA average for Anderson that was shown during the game?

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Can't wait until April.

I agree with the person that said the Sens need 1 more top 6 guy to make them a real threat in the playoffs. Smyth, Prospal, Ruutu, for rentals would be nice pieces. Smyth and Ruutu are guys that shine in the playoffs though.
Was king of hoping for Cammalleri to complement Spezza. Someone like Cammy, Parise or another youngish LW with a scoring touch to go with Spezza and Michalek. Greening is great, but I think if you add Greening to the Turris/Alfie line it could be that much better (I love Condra, don't get me wrong but it makes the third line more dangerous too with him and Smith together again.)

Guys I think we could go after?

Parise, Malone, Ruutu...

Honestly if we were going to really make a big move -- I would give up A LOT for Evander Kane to play with Spezza. A lot.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Cowen 2010 View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1080949

I LOLed at this. Leafs fans show no love for their players after a loss.
Kind of reminds me of the Sens board after a loss, sometimes even after a goal against.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:17 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Leaf fans actually like Cole. Someone call CBC and have him switched to Leaf broadcasts ASAP

01-15-2012, 01:59 AM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post

Honestly if we were going to really make a big move -- I would give up A LOT for Evander Kane to play with Spezza. A lot.
Winnipeg is also pushing for a playoff spot. Even by trade deadline, there's no way they'll be out of reach.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

KK under the radar?

At the rate 'Tache is going, hell no!

But as for the game, excellent effort by everyone, especially Anderson....

so much love for this team right now.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:59 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Tim Gleason and Ruutu would be ideal... but the top contenders are probably willing to pay more. As long as Murray doesn't overpay for a rental, I'm good.
he didn't want to sign with us when we drafted him, so he's an automatic no for me because i'm spiteful.

also, ottawa's got one of the deepest and best prospect pools in the entire league. hopefully, murray doesn't squander it. he's already on record saying he's not interested in a rental, so any addition should be here to stay for a number of seasons, which is the right move.

dystemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Nordic*

Watched the first two periods and EK looked solid defensively, while having a somewhat bleh game offensively. Watched nhl.com and noticed he was -2.

Bad third for him?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Watched the first two periods and EK looked solid defensively, while having a somewhat bleh game offensively. Watched nhl.com and noticed he was -2.

Bad third for him?
No just a bad statistic.

When you've gone +17 in your last 12 as some point your just due for a minus game no matter how you play. Plekanec scored short handed, rolling puck came out to blue line, EK tried to chip it in, blocked my Plekanec and they raced down the ice and it got through Anderson. More an isolated play than bad defense, it's gonna happen to anyone and usually EK negates that scoring chance anyways.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Drama

I wonder why Karlsson was out during the last minute of the game when the Habs pulled Price. Shouldn't it have been Cowen+Philips or at least Kuba. I am all for letting Karlsson playing in high pressure situations but I don't think he will ever have to play in situations like that.

Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I wonder why Karlsson was out during the last minute of the game when the Habs pulled Price. Shouldn't it have been Cowen+Philips or at least Kuba. I am all for letting Karlsson playing in high pressure situations but I don't think he will ever have to play in situations like that.
He has the best active stick on the team. He's usually very good at tracking down the puck in traffic and getting it to safer areas. Unfortunately things just didnt go as planned last night.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Can't wait until April.

I agree with the person that said the Sens need 1 more top 6 guy to make them a real threat in the playoffs. Smyth, Prospal, Ruutu, for rentals would be nice pieces. Smyth and Ruutu are guys that shine in the playoffs though.

huh? When?

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:27 AM
4thliner*

Turris was awesome. If anything McLean did last night that I didn't agree with was not throwing him out there in the shootout. Kid was flying and working hard. You can see he is trying ti kick his career into another gear.

Would have been nice to give him a shot at the shootout to boost his confidence and test that shot of his.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
No just a bad statistic.

When you've gone +17 in your last 12 as some point your just due for a minus game no matter how you play. Plekanec scored short handed, rolling puck came out to blue line, EK tried to chip it in, blocked my Plekanec and they raced down the ice and it got through Anderson. More an isolated play than bad defense, it's gonna happen to anyone and usually EK negates that scoring chance anyways.
That was tough luck. Karlsson actually caught Plek from behind and got his stick on the puck, but it rattled off Plek's stick again and leaked through Anderson. Anderson might have had a better chance if Karlsson had just let him shoot.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
No just a bad statistic.

Karlsson did about as well as you can hope. Getting caught by Pleks flatfooted (is it even in Erik's dictionary?) facing the other way and COMPLETELY catching up and negating a clean-shot and having your stick rapped around him is unheard of.

If anything that was the ONLY bad goal or tough luck by Andersson who otherwise was outstanding. It softly flickered through his armpit.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Anyone recall the monthly GAA average for Anderson that was shown during the game?
It was something around: .899 , .904, .905, .939

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote