HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skates for Short Wide Feet

Old
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM
simplechords

vCash: 500
Skates for Short Wide Feet

Hey guys.

I've been to every skate shop around and I can't seem to find any that carry my size. I was told that my skate size was a 6.5 EE. At this point ill be forced to buy online. Through my researched I've learned that reebok my be the best bet for people with wide feet, but they are all clearenced on hockeymonkey so I cant return them if I order. Anyone know anything else that will be very wide? I have a very wide fore-fort as well, so the skates need to have a wide toe box. I know that people reccomnd to try them on in person, but my freakish wide short feat are preventing that

simplechords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Badger36

Id say Reebok or CCM is your best option. They tend to have a wider fit than Bauer or Easton.
I have to wear a D width skate because of bunions and I love my CCMs. Their way more comfy than the Bauers I used to have.
A EE might be hard to find. You might need to have custom skates made.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:10 PM
simplechords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey36 View Post
Id say Reebok or CCM is your best option. They tend to have a wider fit than Bauer or Easton.
I have to wear a D width skate because of bunions and I love my CCMs. Their way more comfy than the Bauers I used to have.
Thanks for your quick response! To be honest a custom skate is out of my budget. I played roller hockey alot growing up and ice skated a little bit. Its been over 10 years since I've put on skates, and I'm just looking to get back into it. Because of that, my budget would be around $250.

simplechords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:46 PM
ArrogantOwl

Flexlites. I wear a size 4.5EE. and a 7.5EEEE in shoes. Just something you have to deal with. Supremes fit a bit wider than normal skates are well. My size 5D Flexlites are a little too narrow but nothing that loosening the laces a little can't help.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I measured as a 5.5EE in skates but wear a 6D (very comfortably) in Reeboks.

Go to the skate stores and try on the wider-fit brands in a half size up if you can't find an EE, or even try the 6.5Ds. Like the skates themselves, the measuring is done on a certain last, so you're not guaranteed to be a 6.5EE in every skate brand.

If the Ds are uncomfortably narrow in all brands, then your best bet is to find a comfortable length and cross your fingers really hard when ordering an EE, or ordering them from a place that has a better return policy.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:27 PM
AIREAYE

I posted at MSH about the Stealths but would like to add that you could wait until Spring for the wider and deeper Nexus series from Bauer

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:05 AM
greyraven8

For my foot, I have found CCM's 'E' Width are wider than Bauer 'EE'

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:14 AM
willyjagr

Send a message via MSN to willyjagr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey36 View Post
In a reebok or ccm he wont find a EE as they don't make them,(Not counting custom) as their version of a EE is E. Your best bet would either reebok(or ccm depends on your heel as ccm is narrower there but sameish forefoot) or like already said the flexlite. The one thing with the flexlite is due to the soft nature of the boot compared to other skates it might break down quicker if you like a stiff boot. If I was you(haven't seen your foot so can't tell for sure) I would try on the flexlite as it is usually the one the fit the wide foot due to the soft boot and the fit of the skate.
Another choice for a wider fit would if the reebok fit tight in E, would be a graf 709W as they are slightly wider but fit small so you'll have to go up half a size from what you measured out to. But even those are abit out of your limit.

Not sure but do you have bunions in your toe area? I ask because for some people(myself included) in order to get a skate to feel right you have to punch the forefoot area. A easy way to decide is do both sides of the forefoot hurt or just the one side. If it's just the one side for example the inside big toe with a punch it should go away. Plus if they hurt(more toward pressure than pain) in say a flexlite in EE this is what you will have to do to get them to feel right as it's the most forgiving skate on the market.

willyjagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Heart of Vukota

Sorry to bring back an old thread. I have a question though. I wear an 8.5EE in a Vapor comfortably. Id like to switch to CCM's U+ line. Id have to buy the skate online as there are no CCM dealers near me. I know that CCM runs wider so, Would the standard D fit me or would the E be too wide?

Heart of Vukota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:21 PM
AIREAYE

That depends on your foot. Are you considering the top-end CCM Cls/12s? They obviously fit differently than Vapor, especially in the ankles and toebox area. No one should be able to give you a firm answer based on what you've given us.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Thepandamancan

I am an 8 wide in a dress shoe and wear 6.5EE Vapor X4.0. They are a perfect fit. My feet are very wide at the toes...my pinky toe still kinda rubs up against the boot...but my ankle is normal, maybe even a bit narrower. So if your foot is like a wedge or a triangle...Vapors may be for you.

If you order off inline/icewarehouse they have free return shipping for skates so that would be your best bet. I have the same problem with stores not carrying such a small, uncommon size so I've always had to order from there to get the specific model I want.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote