HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Flames 4-1W 1/14/12 Postgame THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Habstract

vCash: 500
Great win tonight... Make me feel a little bit better after seeing my Broncos getting destroyed...

Old
01-15-2012, 03:37 AM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

vCash: 50
Dammit, let Jokinen get more unassisted goals next time. My pool needs him.

Thanks, though. Any Flames loss gives me a warm feeling inside.

Old
01-15-2012, 04:16 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
It's so serious it's funny...but it's seriously growing on me faster then mold can grow on bread during the summer.
lol taking western night too seriously huh

Old
01-15-2012, 04:23 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Honestly, I love Slava, He's just so mature for his age, no problems taking a check, smart moves, good passing, beautiful reads, great shot.

Old
01-15-2012, 04:35 AM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Honestly, I love Slava, He's just so mature for his age, no problems taking a check, smart moves, good passing, beautiful reads, great shot.
When we score, we have quick there to back us.. that should be talked about more.

Old
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Good to see that Sutter kept the TOI spread pretty well among the forwards, and no defenseman had over 24. Yes Terry, i'm looking at you.

Old
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
nocturn

Good to see the train back on the rails. A win over Edm tonight will really tell us if the train is at 100% full steam....choo-choo!

Old
01-15-2012, 11:03 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

HNIC complete game replay including between period and end of game analysis.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2187088276

Check out 2 hours, 36 minutes in to the video or 8:50 remaining in the 3rd and have a look at Loktionov's shift. Fabulous stuff and it's great they highlighted it.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
My first thought was the Gretzky brothers... most productive family in NHL history
I'm surprised it wasn't even an option.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

After Hours (first part of the video is more postgame analysis and Hrudey paid Quick quite a compliment): http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2187088291

I remember Hrudey paying Quick a comment a while back where he said Quick reminded him of Vernon - he joked that Vernon would let a goal in every now and then just to keep the game interesting, then he shuts the game down.

Good stuff.

Quick is the first Kings All-Star goalie in ~28 years BTW.

Last edited by TonySCV: 01-15-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
01-15-2012, 12:12 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
HNIC complete game replay including between period and end of game analysis.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2187088276

Check out 2 hours, 36 minutes in to the video or 8:50 remaining in the 3rd and have a look at Loktionov's shift. Fabulous stuff and it's great they highlighted it.
Thanks for the link(s). I love it when we're on HNIC.

Loktionov has been very good. I don't understand the people who think "he's not good along the boards / he can't play defense / he's too small for the bottom 6" ect. Those are just regurgitated cliches.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Thanks for the link(s). I love it when we're on HNIC.

Loktionov has been very good. I don't understand the people who think "he's not good along the boards / he can't play defense / he's too small for the bottom 6" ect. Those are just regurgitated cliches.
Not really. The only player on the team without a goal, just 4 assists -- not exactly what you need from an up and coming top 6 forward. He definitely has some passing skills -- desperately needed on this team. It will be interesting to see how patient the Kings are with him.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Not really. The only player on the team without a goal, just 4 assists -- not exactly what you need from an up and coming top 6 forward. He definitely has some passing skills -- desperately needed on this team. It will be interesting to see how patient the Kings are with him.

Have you been watching the games? Lokti is playing excellent.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Kingurentai

TLDR but how awesome is Fraser?

There was a play last night where he was forechecking, went all out on the hit, and D stood him up and he fell. Got another forecheck opportunity few secs after and went at the D again.

The guy just wants to hit everything in site and plays every night like he's trying to keep an NHL job.

Clifford used to be like this. Clifford needs to do this more. Can you imagine the 4th line with Clifford and Fraser both going all out on the forecheck? Hate to be the D.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
SFKingshomer

Loktionov is doing fine in a limited role with crap linemates. Kings should be patient with him

Old
01-15-2012, 12:55 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post

Have you been watching the games? Lokti is playing excellent.
My how low the bar is here. 4 points in 24 games for an undersized not suitable for 4th line duites player is far from excellent. Excellent at what exactly? Not falling down, not taking stupid penalites? OK.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:01 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
My how low the bar is here. 4 points in 24 games for an undersized not suitable for 4th line duites player is far from excellent. Excellent at what exactly? Not falling down, not taking stupid penalites? OK.
LOL low the bar is?

Answer the question, have you watched any of the games the past two weeks?

He's been far from useless and ineffective as you can possibly get.

Like I said earlier, that line of Lotkionov, Richardson and Lewis quite possibly has been one of the best line for the Kings in recent weeks.

The work ethic and hustle that they show, and the ability to forecheck and keep the opponents hemmed in, is extremely solid.

The production will come from the turnovers they create, but you would already know that from watching the...oh wait...do you watch the games?

Old
01-15-2012, 01:03 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
He's been excellent with his puck possession which is creating scoring chances for his line who are providing a lot of energy out there and wearing out the opposing team with their speed and Lokti is the biggest reason for that. He can get the other team to start chasing him while still making smart plays with puck. His fore checking has been great. He shows high hockey IQ for such as young player. The points will come for him. Believe it.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:07 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL low the bar is?

Answer the question, have you watched any of the games the past two weeks?

He's been far from useless and ineffective as you can possibly get.

Like I said earlier, that line of Lotkionov, Richardson and Lewis quite possibly has been one of the best line for the Kings in recent weeks.

The work ethic and hustle that they show, and the ability to forecheck and keep the opponents hemmed in, is extremely solid.

The production will come from the turnovers they create, but you would already know that from watching the...oh wait...do you watch the games?
I watch all the games. He is just OK and I would give him more time. But let's not kid ourselves and claim he has been excellent. The NHL is all about results. He isn't in Manchester anymore.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:08 PM
SDGolfer

Quote:
Success is measured by goals and assists?

Old
01-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
I watch all the games. He is just OK and I would give him more time. But let's not kid ourselves and claim he has been excellent. The NHL is all about results. He isn't in Manchester anymore.
you know he is a rookie right? and that he is playing between 2 other 3rd/4th liners?

Old
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
i love it when fantasy hockey mongrels take arguments onto hockey boards. Clifford must be doing terrible too right? He's only a 7 point player. As was Simmonds being only a 30-40 point player. Nothing interesting there.

This is why players like Handzus are so undervalued. Big guy blocking the goalie's eyes in front of the net makes everybody around him score more, but he doesn't get a point a third of the time. All the while people just sit on their Yahoo! stats page to justify their opinions.

I think Loktionov is doing just fine. His line is fantastic, even if they're not scoring. I couldn't be more pleased. He's not spectacular, but it's his first year. Not every rookie is going to look like Doughty or Voynov, it really is hard to taper expectations after getting spoiled.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I would love to see Loktionov lined up with more of a finisher. He just sees the game so well.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Lanius

I'm pretty content with Loktionov right now. He's pretty much what I expected out of him. Never struck me as a player that will get many points at the NHL level. He won't ever trump Kopitar and Richards but will still play well enough to be a regular somewhere.
You have to admit though, the Kings have had some pretty good 3rd line units the past few years, and the current one isn't nearly as good.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
So are you just checking the stat column and not actually watching him play then??

His puck movement is excellent. His skill on the puck in the offensive zone has been on full display in the last couple games. The kids vision is really outstanding. He's been aggressive on the puck, and been decisive when it's on his stick. He fights off checks and holds the puck very well.

Clearly you are only box score watching....

Closed Thread