HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Does Flyers' lack of response to Steve Staios hit bother you?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
  #51
boodangleroo28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Didnt watch the game last night but just saw the highlight of a flying simmonds, again a lack of a response. SOFT TEAM!

boodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
  #52
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
Didnt watch the game last night but just saw the highlight of a flying simmonds, again a lack of a response. SOFT TEAM!
yeah who needs to try and win hockey games. we need to retaliate, get guys suspended or better yet hurt doing something stupid. yep. sounds like a plan.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:33 PM
  #53
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
That hip check by Ellis was a thing of beauty. I would hate it if our players thought that was an ugly hit in need of retaliation. That would be a sign of a soft team.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
  #54
boodangleroo28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
hahah i dont know what your talking about not trying to win the game, the hit was 22 minutes into the game and it sent one of our players 5 feet into the air. I cant believe more people dont see a problem with not sticking up for your teamates, this is two games in a row our players have gotten destroyed with no reaction what so ever not even a shove... there is no other way to describe it but soft.

boodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
  #55
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
hahah i dont know what your talking about not trying to win the game, the hit was 22 minutes into the game and it sent one of our players 5 feet into the air. I cant believe more people dont see a problem with not sticking up for your teamates, this is two games in a row our players have gotten destroyed with no reaction what so ever not even a shove... there is no other way to describe it but soft.
Simmonds can handle himself. He doesnt need anyone sticking up for him.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
  #56
iamcanadian23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
hahah i dont know what your talking about not trying to win the game, the hit was 22 minutes into the game and it sent one of our players 5 feet into the air. I cant believe more people dont see a problem with not sticking up for your teamates, this is two games in a row our players have gotten destroyed with no reaction what so ever not even a shove... there is no other way to describe it but soft.
It was a clean hit, no response was needed.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:54 PM
  #57
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcanadian23 View Post
It was a clean hit, no response was needed.
dont you know we need to start a line brawl every time one of players get hit.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:31 PM
  #58
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah who needs to try and win hockey games. we need to retaliate, get guys suspended or better yet hurt doing something stupid. yep. sounds like a plan.
Or not do anything at all and teams realize that and will take runs at our players all game long and possibly knock them out with an injury for the season. The regular season is very long and we need to protect our players. Plus sticking up for each other builds team chemistry.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
  #59
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Or not do anything at all and teams realize that and will take runs at our players all game long and possibly knock them out with an injury for the season. The regular season is very long and we need to protect our players. Plus sticking up for each other builds team chemistry.
ok fine. lets go back to the hit on Talbot. Say Couturier breaks his hand fighting someone on the Isles. would you be ok with that? I understand we need to protect players on our team, but thinking that we need to start fights everytime someone is elbowed or hit is foolish.
Simmonds got hit in the Nashville game. Everyone knows he can handle himself. If he had a problem with the hit he can deal with it.
As far as the Talbot hit in the Isles game, there was 5 minutes left and the Flyers were up by a goal. there was no need to do something dumb and give the Isles a PP. They play the Isles 4 more times. You take a number and you deal with it down the line

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:53 PM
  #60
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
You have Jody Shelley and Zac Rinaldo, neither was playing. That is all.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:59 PM
  #61
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
You have Jody Shelley and Zac Rinaldo, neither was playing. That is all.
Because Lavy is trying to win. Now if only our GM cared more about winning and stopping wasting cap space on players like Shelley and Rinaldo.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:02 PM
  #62
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Because Lavy is trying to win. Now if only our GM cared more about winning and stopping wasting cap space on players like Shelley and Rinaldo.
Now if only your coach remembered how the Flyers used to win and stop wasting cap space and minutes on players like Harry Z. Look at Schenn and Shelley's numbers btw. Kind of similar. Schenn is not ready for the NHL, neither is Harry Z, who has Nodl numbers this year [look it up].

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  #63
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Now if only your coach remembered how the Flyers used to win and stop wasting cap space and minutes on players like Harry Z. Look at Schenn and Shelley's numbers btw. Kind of similar. Schenn is not ready for the NHL, neither is Harry Z, who has Nodl numbers this year [look it up].
Flyers haven't won **** in 35 years. Seems that win Cups win it with skill. Who was Detroit's goon for the last decade as they dominated the NHL?

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #64
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Flyers haven't won **** in 35 years. Seems that win Cups win it with skill. Who was Detroit's goon for the last decade as they dominated the NHL?
Last time they won the cup, Aaron Downey.

Not to mention, this team doesn't have the skill or the discipline of Detroit. Why do we have to try to copy them, we'll only be substandard.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:15 PM
  #65
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Now if only your coach remembered how the Flyers used to win and stop wasting cap space and minutes on players like Harry Z. Look at Schenn and Shelley's numbers btw. Kind of similar. Schenn is not ready for the NHL, neither is Harry Z, who has Nodl numbers this year [look it up].
LOL. Harry Z brings more to the table then Jody Shelley.
Quit looking at just the ****ing numbers. Schenn has been really good since returning from injury.
Now I know you are ****ing trolling when you compare Shelley to Schenn.
Quit acting like a ****ing idiot.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:20 PM
  #66
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LOL. Harry Z brings more to the table then Jody Shelley.
Quit looking at just the ****ing numbers. Schenn has been really good since returning from injury.
Now I know you are ****ing trolling when you compare Shelley to Schenn.
Quit acting like a ****ing idiot.
You're the ****ing idiot for NOT looking at the numbers. The numbers, including +/-, are the only things that matter. If a player is slow but they preform better offensively and defensively then they are the better player, period. In this case, the difference between the rookie Schenn's play and the veteran Shelley's is annoyingly small, although indeed Schenn has been better offensively and his higher time on ice can explain his lower +/-. Nevertheless, Schenn could do with more seasoning in the A instead of playing 4th line minutes in the NHL. He might be a special player some day.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:22 PM
  #67
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
You're the ****ing idiot for NOT looking at the numbers. The numbers, including +/-, are the only things that matter. If a player is slow but they preform better offensively and defensively then they are the better player, period. In this case, the difference between the rookie Schenn's play and the veteran Shelley's is annoyingly small. Schenn could do with more seasoning in the A.
Shelley belongs in the AHL with Walker.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:25 PM
  #68
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Shelley belongs in the AHL with Walker.
I don't disagree for next season but it seems irreleveant for this season, he'll probably only get 5 or 6 more games and he's not pushing the Flyers over the cap right now. Let him get to 1500 penalty minutes anyway, he's only 9 off.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:27 PM
  #69
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
I don't disagree for next season but it seems irreleveant for this season, he'll probably only get 5 or 6 more games and he's not pushing the Flyers over the cap right now. Let him get to 1500 penalty minutes anyway, he's only 9 off.
No. If the Flyers never have another guy with more than 100 PIM in a season, it'll be too soon.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
  #70
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,312
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
You have Jody Shelley and Zac Rinaldo, neither was playing. That is all.
If they were playing nothing would have changed.

Have you heard of the instigator rule?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:35 PM
  #71
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If they were playing nothing would have changed.

Have you heard of the instigator rule?
beating people up/getting a useless thug to 1500 PIMS>> winning hockey games.


GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
  #72
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
No. If the Flyers never have another guy with more than 100 PIM in a season, it'll be too soon.

There is absolutely nothing worng with having Rinaldo on the team so don't talk about wasting cap space. You need tough dudes that won't take any ****...on any team. Otherwise teams will run you over. Just what team had way too much skill and not enough grit...the Flyers in 10-11. And what happened to team? Embarrassingly swept in the second round. Why? Because of goal tending and the fact they were pushed around and not enough guys to do anything about it. Now this team needs some toughness on defense now. Not ****ing Hal Gill, or some other soft player people are suggesting. They also need their forwards to play more physical otherwise they'll be easy to play against. I'm already tired of watching them get physically punished by the Rangers. And you look at that roster and they have only about 2 tough guys on it, Prust and Rupp. Who the **** else scares you on that team? Nobody, but they physically punish us cause everybody on that team finished their checks. More guys on our team need to finish their checks. And right now, while Jagr isn't 100% they need to sit him, bring Sestito back up and roll a 4th line of

Rinaldo-Harry Z-Sestito

And to say this line is nothing but wasting cap space is ****ing stupid. They dictated the pact of the game against Dallas and they created more chnaces then a 4th line should against the Rangers in that one game.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:38 PM
  #73
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
There is absolutely nothing worng with having Rinaldo on the team so don't talk about wasting cap space. You need tough dudes that won't take any ****...on any team. Otherwise teams will run you over. Just what team had way too much skill and not enough grit...the Flyers in 10-11. And what happened to team? Embarrassingly swept in the second round. Why? Because of goal tending and the fact they were pushed around and not enough guys to do anything about it. Now this team needs some toughness on defense now. Not ****ing Hal Gill, or some other soft player people are suggesting. They also need their forwards to play more physical otherwise they'll be easy to play against. I'm already tired of watching them get physically punished by the Rangers. And you look at that roster and they have only about 2 tough guys on it, Prust and Rupp. Who the **** else scares you on that team? Nobody, but they physically punish us cause everybody on that team finished their checks. More guys on our team need to finish their checks. And right now, while Jagr isn't 100% they need to sit him, bring Sestito back up and roll a 4th line of

Rinaldo-Harry Z-Sestito

And to say this line is nothing but wasting cap space is ****ing stupid. They dictated the pact of the game against Dallas and they created more chnaces then a 4th line should against the Rangers in that one game.
That line is for a team that wants to lose. Thank Tebow Lavy likes to win.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
  #74
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
I'm sorry but this whole conversation reminds me of this. LOL


ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
  #75
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
That line is for a team that wants to lose. Thank Tebow Lavy likes to win.
That's a clueless statement. You're not basing your answers off of anything except, "Ohhhh that line is a line for teams who wanna lose blah blah" where the hell do you even get a statement like that? At least back it up with something. When that was the 4th line for about 2 games they were cycling the puck well and keeping play in the other team's zone.

A team with only skill WILL NOT WORK. How many times has a tougher team knocked off a team with more skill in the playoffs? The Bruins against us, the Bruins against Vancouver, the Bruins against Tampa, the Bruins against Montreal, Flyers in 09-10 against Montreal, New Jersey, Vancouver against Chicago last year, The Penguins against the Caps in 08-09, the Ducks against the Sharks in 09, like holy **** and that's just from off the top of my head in just the last few years. Name one team that has made it to the SCF based solely on skill?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.