HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McCarthy has figured it out,+ Zaum done...

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Oh, I Fully Agree Bruwinz

I fully agree with that Bruwinz.

I was simply being sarcastic.

But you guys make it seem like he ALONE has been doing this. My problem with that line of thinking is that for about 4 years now, the Bruins (along with Toronto) have been possibly the 2 most UNDISCIPLINED teams in the NHL!

Thornton is and has been as big a culprit on this team in that regard! Grosek, certainly has taken his share as well. Then you go back down to Boynton with his incessant penchant for slashing in the crease. And Rolston takes stupid penalties frequently due to laziness and not skating.

From top to botton this team is well known around the league as being about as undisciplined as they come. Fans know it, coaches know it and the referees know it as well.

Its NOT just a Grosek thing...its a team thing.

Later

Old
11-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
I fully agree with that Bruwinz.

I was simply being sarcastic.

But you guys make it seem like he ALONE has been doing this. My problem with that line of thinking is that for about 4 years now, the Bruins (along with Toronto) have been possibly the 2 most UNDISCIPLINED teams in the NHL!

Thornton is and has been as big a culprit on this team in that regard! Grosek, certainly has taken his share as well. Then you go back down to Boynton with his incessant penchant for slashing in the crease. And Rolston takes stupid penalties frequently due to laziness and not skating.

From top to botton this team is well known around the league as being about as undisciplined as they come. Fans know it, coaches know it and the referees know it as well.

Its NOT just a Grosek thing...its a team thing.

Later
Jeff, the point Piels was trying to make though is that everything else aside Grosek and Zamuner are battling for the final roster spot. One differentiater betweent he two players is that Grosek tends to take some bad penalties, and that is a liability. Grosek doesnt have enough positives to outweigh a liabilty like this.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:45 AM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
I'm working up some interesting and typically untracked player statistics for my new website, and without giving anything too big away, let's just say that Zamuner is one of the more potent Bruins, when you look at the numbers he puts up per minute on ice.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Colt.45Orr

Just thought I would point out that I don't hate McCarthy, I think he has played some great hard-hitting SMART hockey for us...all I wanted to say that his only fights thus far have looked like a Nazarov-Hugfest.

And I also like the intensity of a Stock/Grosek/Sammy2 type-player(the latter the most cause of speed and upside)...something I don't see in Zaumner.

I don't think Zaumner sucks, but I certainly don't think we are "lucky" to have him either. He is a good guy, and a decent player...he just does not FIT in Boston. I think it would be best for the organization and for Zaumner to move on.Let him go to a weaker team and play 3rd line.

Injuries? Fair enough point, I think Hilbert and Huml, Sammy2 should be given a shot then.

For the record, I don't think we have the best 4th-line in hockey. They have not put up enough points, or drawn enough penalties to merit such accolades -despite playing smart.

I guess a little of my problem with Zaumner is that you know that come spring-time he isn't going to bring ANYTHING to the table. Green can go pointless all year- I really don't care cause we know that he is going to sweat and bleed for us in the play-offs. He finds ways to score ugly goals in the post-season.

Zaumner? Nope

Old
11-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
Zaumner? Nope
Zaumner? Who is Zaumner?

The Bruins have a player named Rob Zamuner, but to my knowledge, have never had a Ron Zaumner on the team.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Zaumner? Who is Zaumner?

The Bruins have a player named Rob Zamuner, but to my knowledge, have never had a Ron Zaumner on the team.
Stupid "Typing for Dummies" book was a waste of freakin money.

Anyway the point still remains, there is no way he is going to put up points unless he is on a line with John Thortun.

Closed Thread