HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

1/13/12 "Pittsburgher And Fries" - Penguins VS Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2012, 05:47 PM
  #326
Gaebriel
Registered User
 
Gaebriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Yeah everyone calm down and relax. Not like this has been going on for 10-15 games now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...ecord&type=LEA

Gaebriel is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 08:03 PM
  #327
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
Yeah everyone calm down and relax. Not like this has been going on for 10-15 games now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...ecord&type=LEA
injuries have exacerbated our troubles but yeah, it's be going on for a while. was happy to see dineen call out versteeg (following up my previous post). per GR's latest post:

Quote:
Versteeg, one of the big success stories of the Panthers thus far, spent most of the third period on the bench. Versteeg was benched after the Kennedy goal and didn't get back in until there was 7:03 remaining. He played 48 seconds before sitting for the remainder of the night.

“I think that was a pretty strong reflection of my feelings were on his play,'' Dineen said. “That's not a one-game snapshot. I don't just do that on one game. I think it's been a stretch of games where he, in such an important leadership role, needs to play to a higher level of hockey.''
he's definitely been taking it easy for the better part of december and january. unacceptable.

zeroG is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM
  #328
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 50
Canes just beat the Bruins..Can we accomplish that as well. Need to score more than two goals though and Theo needs to be at his best

Boothinator is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
  #329
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
Not sure why Versteeg is the scapegoat all of the sudden. Flash has been worse, and you could make a case that Weiss has been worse, as well. That Kennedy goal that's being talked about, it's worth noting that Weiss was the one who fell behind the net and decided to wildly wack the puck to the middle of the ice creating the odd-man rush.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
  #330
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Canes just beat the Bruins..Can we accomplish that as well. Need to score more than two goals though and Theo needs to be at his best
Ehh, I just have the feeling that the Bruins will take some anger out on us and the Canes won't even try against the Caps....

gizmo12688 is online now  
Old
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
  #331
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Not sure why Versteeg is the scapegoat all of the sudden. Flash has been worse, and you could make a case that Weiss has been worse, as well. That Kennedy goal that's being talked about, it's worth noting that Weiss was the one who fell behind the net and decided to wildly wack the puck to the middle of the ice creating the odd-man rush.
ask dineen?

in all of my posts, i've said repeated it's not one player. i pointed out above why i point the finger at versteeg over flash. for some reason, dineen seems to think he needs a kick in the pants as well.

zeroG is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
  #332
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Ehh, I just have the feeling that the Bruins will take some anger out on us and the Canes won't even try against the Caps....
I dont really wanna see that..I dont need to remember the disaster against the Bruins last time..Well, Canes are still far away from being a good game..One game but not two.

Boothinator is offline  
Old
01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
  #333
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
ask dineen?

in all of my posts, i've said repeated it's not one player. i pointed out above why i point the finger at versteeg over flash. for some reason, dineen seems to think he needs a kick in the pants as well.
Not really arguing with you, just wondering why Dineen would pick out Versteeg, specifically.

Flash has been completely invisible for about a month now in just about every game.

At least Versteeg is playing with energy, and I think he's been really good on the PK.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Versteeg is playing well overall, for what it's worth. Just saying I think it's weird that he was called out, specifically.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  #334
Frek
WE SEE RED!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PSL, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 747
vCash: 679
Pens won against the Lightning today giving them 50 pts and 7th place. If the Caps win later tonight they will tie us for 3rd. They have more wins so they hold the tie breaker.

So if the Caps win today we will go from 3rd to 7th, and only holding 7th by virtue that we have less GP than the Pens. Toronto is sitting at 49 pts.

If we lose our game against the Bruins we could be looking at being in 9th place by Tuesday. It looks bad at when you look at who is playing who on Tuesday. We really need to win our game on Monday.

I really hope the Canes manage to win. Just for the moral factor of not dropping down that low in the standings.

Frek is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.