HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Polak pummels Lapierre

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
  #1
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,206
vCash: 1340
Polak pummels Lapierre

Short but good pounding


Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  #2
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Both Lapierre and Subban turtling in the same night, hilarious.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
  #3
shao01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Not surprised LappyAir got pummeled. Didn't someone on HF once said Polak was a beast in the Gyms?

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:07 PM
  #4
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Lapierre has always been a horrible fighter.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM
  #5
Steve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Can
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Lapierre has always been a horrible fighter.
Not too many people I would like to see get tuned more than this guy

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
  #6
gerhart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gerhart
He hides behind that visor like a true champion.

gerhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
  #7
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Lapierre is just stupid. Why bother standing up for a teammate if you're just going to turtle? gave St. Louis momentum and they scored a goal after, well done Lapierre.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
  #8
Dustermurphystyle
Registered User
 
Dustermurphystyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Lapierre is a little weasel

Dustermurphystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
  #9
whoshouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
LaPierre stands up for a teammate even though he knows hes going to get beat up. Good on him. Shows his teammates what sort of team guy he is. Hit was borderline..

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
  #10
Chuck Wagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maine
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Love it...have any clips of Burrows ?

Chuck Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
  #11
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
what no YT ?

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
  #12
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Lapierre is just stupid. Why bother standing up for a teammate if you're just going to turtle? gave St. Louis momentum and they scored a goal after, well done Lapierre.
He got beat but I'm glad he stepped in to defend & stand up for a teammate! Why wouldn't you want a player to do so? I'm guessing he didn't realize he was going to be fighting such a good fighter, he just saw his teammate go into the boards & he wanted to back him up.......Or is it just because its Lappy & you have to take shots at him? Gets kinda hard to call him out for not fighting when he has had 6 so far this year.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
  #13
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
So Gagner is a hero for fighting but Lapierre is a turtling weasel, when he's an even worse fighter?

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:53 PM
  #14
Intoewsables
 
 
Intoewsables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,113
vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
So Gagner is a hero for fighting but Lapierre is a turtling weasel, when he's an even worse fighter?
He's a weasel when he doesn't fight and a turtling weasel when he does.

Intoewsables is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
  #15
whoshouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
So Gagner is a hero for fighting but Lapierre is a turtling weasel, when he's an even worse fighter?
Haters Gonna Hate.

Lovin' LaPierre on this team. Brings his all every shift. Has a good scoring touch. Is very responsible defensively and is a good teammate. Above all, he goes beastly in the playoffs.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
  #16
Kass Effect
Registered User
 
Kass Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Data Corrupted
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 358
Its not like Lapierre got hurt... that's why he was smiling. Polak got the advantage in the fight, so Lapierre protected himself. I love how people think he should just stand in there and get punched in the face... newsflash to the hockey world: Lapierre isn't a goon - he is an agitator that can eat up minutes. I guess people are just mad that they can't land any shots on him that hurt. Once you realize that he isn't a talented fighter by any means, you have to respect his willingness to drop the gloves - or you can just continue to be an internet tough-guy...

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:32 PM
  #17
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,081
vCash: 772
Polak really isn't a good fighter lol. He's strong as an Ox just lacks most general fighting skills.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
  #18
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Its not like Lapierre got hurt... that's why he was smiling. Polak got the advantage in the fight, so Lapierre protected himself. I love how people think he should just stand in there and get punched in the face... newsflash to the hockey world: Lapierre isn't a goon - he is an agitator that can eat up minutes. I guess people are just mad that they can't land any shots on him that hurt. Once you realize that he isn't a talented fighter by any means, you have to respect his willingness to drop the gloves - or you can just continue to be an internet tough-guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
He got beat but I'm glad he stepped in to defend & stand up for a teammate! Why wouldn't you want a player to do so? I'm guessing he didn't realize he was going to be fighting such a good fighter, he just saw his teammate go into the boards & he wanted to back him up.......Or is it just because its Lappy & you have to take shots at him? Gets kinda hard to call him out for not fighting when he has had 6 so far this year.
While he did stand up for a teammate a better showing would've been better. And i'd like to see all of his 6 fights this year.. his "fight" against campbell and this one I would even consider because he either held on threw 1 punch or didn't throw any. I'd hardly call them fights.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
  #19
topched88
Registered User
 
topched88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
While he did stand up for a teammate a better showing would've been better. And i'd like to see all of his 6 fights this year.. his "fight" against campbell and this one I would even consider because he either held on threw 1 punch or didn't throw any. I'd hardly call them fights.
I understand what your saying, but if he didnt do anything it would be the same story that they dont have anyone who stands up for their teammates, atleast he stepped up....it seems like hes a hero compared to when things like this happen and our captain gets off the ice and onto the bench as fast as he can

topched88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:42 AM
  #20
Lilou
t-.-t
 
Lilou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scarborough, ON
Posts: 5,109
vCash: 500
Not only did he get dummied but he started the fight. Double owned.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
  #21
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched88 View Post
I understand what your saying, but if he didnt do anything it would be the same story that they dont have anyone who stands up for their teammates, atleast he stepped up....it seems like hes a hero compared to when things like this happen and our captain gets off the ice and onto the bench as fast as he can
Very true about your captain. I will admit Its hard for me even to give yappy credit for standing up for a teammate which he did. But man he could've had a better performance or at least tie the guy up thats all i'm saying. I'll give him a b for effort.. is that cool

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
  #22
Krut
Registered User
 
Krut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
I'm suprised he managed to actually get his gloves off before turtling this time.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
  #23
Szechwan
Plug Life.
 
Szechwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
I love how everyones so offended by this. He tried to step in for a teammate and quickly realized he was over his head, Polak can be a mean dude.

Anywho, for those that still have trouble understanding this course of actions, see the Alex Bolduc vs. John Scott. Sometimes you just need to know when to quit.


Last edited by Szechwan: 01-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
  #24
Ranger482
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Polak is the strongest player on the Blues roster. He rarely fights, but he's the type that when he does I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

Ranger482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
  #25
overtherainbow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
It's amazing how some people whine about Lappiere not answering the bell, and when he does they discount it. He works hard, scores some nice goals, and is a great teammate. Use your eyes.

overtherainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.