HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings @ Flames 4-1W 1/14/12 Postgame THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
HookKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Buddy,

Watch the games at least....if you don't think Lotkionov is contributing, then you clearly are either not watching the games, or don't have a clear understanding of how you can contribute and not be on the score sheet.
Sorry, I didn't realize 4 assists and no goals in 24 games was contributing to scoring My bad.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize 4 assists and no goals in 24 games was contributing to scoring My bad.
Lol again with your fantasy stat approach.

Like he said. Watch the game. Loktionov has been very good. Come up with a different argument that is more effective okay? Stat watching is the most deceiving of arguments. I bet you think Eric Staal is one of the worst defensive forwards in the league right?

Old
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Apology accepted.

I hate what stupid fantasy leagues have done to sports.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
No it's not. In pro sports success is winning -- period. If you are a 5'10 179 pound center and not a shutdown type center you better contribute to scoring or you won't last.
Charlie Sheen is that you?

Old
01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Lol again with your fantasy stat approach.

Like he said. Watch the game. Loktionov has been very good. Come up with a different argument that is more effective okay? Stat watching is the most deceiving of arguments. I bet you think Eric Staal is one of the worst defensive forwards in the league right?
I thought I was wasting your precious time? I guess I hurt your feelings because I don't think Lokti has been all that. "fantasy stat approach?" is that some kind of argument? "Stat watching?" Sounds like babbling...

Old
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I thought I was wasting your precious time? I guess I hurt your feelings because I don't think Lokti has been all that. "fantasy stat approach?" is that some kind of argument? "Stat watching?" Sounds like babbling...
Nope, just sounds like you don't know what you are talking about and don't actually watch the games. Don't worry about wasting my time, this is actually kind of amusing.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
No it's not. In pro sports success is winning -- period. If you are a 5'10 179 pound center and not a shutdown type center you better contribute to scoring or you won't last.
It is called development. He is a rookie. Look at a guy like Daniel Briere who struggled his first few seasons in the league. Loktionov has played what.. 40 games in his career? Half of those he played in a position he isn't comfortable in. He isn't getting the ice time, PP time and the linemates of a top 6 player so to expect him to produce like one all while being a rookie is a bit lofty in my opinion.

In a previous post you said isn't hurting the team. If he is playing on the third line in an energy type role and isn't hurting the team, what more do you want him to do? I want him to score more but that goes with the whole time. That isn't anything that is specific to Loktionov. It has also become pretty clear to me that passing is one of his strengths and shooting isn't. Playing center with limited ice time with two wingers who have a hard time finishing sure makes it hard to produce offensive stats.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
It is called development. He is a rookie. Look at a guy like Daniel Briere who struggled his first few seasons in the league. Loktionov has played what.. 40 games in his career? Half of those he played in a position he isn't comfortable in. He isn't getting the ice time, PP time and the linemates of a top 6 player so to expect him to produce like one all while being a rookie is a bit lofty in my opinion.

In a previous post you said isn't hurting the team. If he is playing on the third line in an energy type role and isn't hurting the team, what more do you want him to do? I want him to score more but that goes with the whole time. That isn't anything that is specific to Loktionov. It has also become pretty clear to me that passing is one of his strengths and shooting isn't. Playing center with limited ice time with two wingers who have a hard time finishing sure makes it hard to produce offensive stats.
+1 well said Buddy. Well said.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

BTW.. I'm of the opinion that Loktionov is and has been auditioning for Jarret Stoll's job for next season. So far, so good. That trade nets the Kings almost $3m in additional cap space for next season. Making that swap and losing Penner gives the Kings at least $7.5m in the event the are some how able to sign Parise (not holding my breath) or perhaps trade for an elite winger.

Old
01-15-2012, 07:07 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You're making my argument -- that he hasn't been "excellent". What I see is a guy with hockey sense and strong passing skills. What I don't see is the strength to dominate and follow thru on plays that results in a goals and assists. His shot isn't that great either. Will he get better, probably. Will the Kings have the luxury of waiting knowing it is a win now situation. Not so sure. Briere is a great example -- he ended up on the waiver wire if I am not mistaken. I don't think the Kings can afford 2 non-scoring centers and expect success in the playoffs.

Old
01-15-2012, 07:08 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
You also didn't realize that you don't have to score to contribute.

But then again, you don't watch the games either...

Old
01-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

getting this many posts about a rookie adapting to the NHL, playing with low quality linemates and without pp time is quite impressive

Old
01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Yes... and given the discussion has become circular, let's move on to tonight's game.

Closed Thread