HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen

Old
01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
CCF
This is the year....

vCash: 500
Moen is the exact type of player we need. For those calling Moen a fighter, he is not. He's a good third line player or an excellent 4th liner who can check hard, play responsible defence and fight when need be. I have to agree with those who feel Moen might be a sought after asset - as teams are always looking to add big bodies for the playoffs.

I personally would trade Oreo for Moen - that's not a bad deal for either side. Oreskovich is a big boddy that Montreal could use as they continue to be a smaller team. Oreo is a good player and I think could thrive in a place like Montreal - just isn't working out here for him though.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM
crazyforhockey

there is some talk that he is one of Montreal's UFA's they intend to resign

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
SomeoneGreat

I feel like he's the Reasoner of this year.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:54 AM
skipole
Professional Cynic

In my humble opinion, this team's biggest need at moment is on defense. Moen, Gaustad, etc don't solve that.

The Canucks have one of the deepest forward groups in the league (if not the deepest), why spend your precious little cap space further improving it when you have bigger needs at D?

If the goal is to acquire toughness, getting a big and strong 2nd/3rd pairing d-man would serve that purpose. He'd also play more minutes than a bottom-6 forward, so you'd have that toughness on the ice more often.

Anyway, Moen would be great, but not if it means missing out on a defenseman.

skipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:51 AM
CP

I agree, another Salo type player - minus injuries - is the priority. The perfect D would play right side and be good defensively and contribute a bit to the offense. If the trade deadline goes perfectly a big, physical two ways RWer would also be a good addition - someone like Doan would be much better than Moen.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Raymond Hodgson Doan
Malhotra Lapperier Hansen
Weise

But I won`t be surprised if they stand pat at forward, unless the perfect fit becomes available.

CP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipole View Post
In my humble opinion, this team's biggest need at moment is on defense. Moen, Gaustad, etc don't solve that.

The Canucks have one of the deepest forward groups in the league (if not the deepest), why spend your precious little cap space further improving it when you have bigger needs at D?

If the goal is to acquire toughness, getting a big and strong 2nd/3rd pairing d-man would serve that purpose. He'd also play more minutes than a bottom-6 forward, so you'd have that toughness on the ice more often.

They need both. They need a regular NHL 4th liner along with what you mentioned on D. That's why Gill and Moen make sense.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:59 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
i think Phoenix may to ready to give up Derek Morris, though he has a no trade clause but he is on a decent contract 2.75 mill for two years beyond this year. Good skater, good shot, decent defensively at this point in his career, good size, though doesn't use it enough.

With Phoenix moving in the direction of younger dmen, he could definitely be had for cheap.

sdbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipole View Post

This.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:07 PM
David71

i think moen would be a second option. first need=another top4 dman.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote