HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46 Kings @ Oilers, 1/15/'12, Postgame THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ... we get a Point

Old
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
The call was not that bad. Oiler ******* played it well, he could have fooled anyone.
It had to be that bad, guys a thousand miles away were making the call for the guy that was four feet from it, I just wanna see the play

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Butch 19
King me

Disgusting!! should never have even gone to OT.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Disgusting!! should never have even gone to OT.
You are an Edmonton fan?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
...Noted that MR's ice time is down over the past few games and he doesn't play on the first power play unit, rather the 2nd unit with Stoll and Penner....

Sutter said that Richards is struggling so he looks to slightly lower his TOI.
Recently? Because he's played over 19 min. the last two games, same as Kopi. And that wouldh't have anything to do with the PP, he still plays on it, just not on the top unit, so that wouldn't affect his TOI and it eventually will cost them. He's a smart player and certainly more effective than JW.
Your best players should be on the first unit...and that includes him.

And not having him lead the PK on that 4 x 3 was not a good decision...he's the best PK'er on the team...

I think (hope) his struggles were due to coming back to o soon from the injury. He'll never admit to it, but the Kings losing 5 in a row after he got hurt and only wininng 2 of those 9 and sliding down in the div and conference had to push him a bit.
But, he's looked much better the last two games and they'll need him to play his best against the Sedins on Tues...

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Recently?
That question refers to Sutter's statement? Yeah, Fox mentioned it during Edmonton game. I am guessing that his statement is recent.

Old
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

seriously Stoll being on the ice to start that pk isnt a crazy concept. Hes the best faceoff guy plus Kopitar and Richards had taken the 2 previous shifts before the penalty, so Stoll would have had slightly more in the tank

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
seriously Stoll being on the ice to start that pk isnt a crazy concept. Hes the best faceoff guy plus Kopitar and Richards had taken the 2 previous shifts before the penalty, so Stoll would have had slightly more in the tank
Well, we will just have to disagree about that one. I think both Richards and Kopitar were better choices, there had been a period break before that and if I'm not mistaken even Edmonton timeout just prior to the PP?

In my opinion Sutter had just gone too far with his concept of "everyone can play PK the same, as long as they want to."

Old
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Recently?

That question refers to Sutter's statement? Yeah, Fox mentioned it during Edmonton game. I am guessing that his statement is recent.
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't hear that. Actually I thought DS played himj too many minutes those first few games back, esp the first game . After being out for 3 weeks, i would have thought less that 15 min, he had over 20...and maybe that caught up to him and he had a set back. DS possibly realized that and tried to correct.

Quote:
I can understand that , esp about the faceoffs. But I guess I figured the timeout would have given them a bit of a breather. And I'm used to seeing him killing off a good porition of penalties. Philly only had 2 units, him and Giroux ande Betts and Powell, so he was used to killing off half. And on the situations when they had only 3 men, Lavvy would keep Richards out there longer. Sutter uses everybody so there are short shifts.
And maybe DS figured if the kings won the faceoff and cleared the zone, he could throw Richie out there.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:04 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Just out of curiousity IMO Penner looked pretty good tonight I find it hard to believe that he has put up those point totals if thats the way he plays every night. Or is it that he just got up to play this game. Also is he even being used on the PP only saw him on the ice for some scraps of PP time.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

God, I am annoyed by fans that blame the refs.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
damacles1156

I really wish the Kings would stop losing to lottery teams with (their best player injured, and starting the backup Goalie).

This is getting old......

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

For a second I thought I was watching the Columbus game. They didn't have much jump, but at least they had the excuse of playing last night and travel. For those who are *****ing about the refs, look at the Kings to blame. They were 0/3 and looked like the old Kings on the PP. They didn't move their feet or cycle. Boring game, happy we got something out of it and didn't get shut out 1-0 again.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I don't know why I bother reading these post-game threads when we lose...its always on the refs.

Some of you really need to get a life.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I don't know why I bother reading these post-game threads when we lose...its always on the refs.

Some of you really need to get a life.
I love you.

The kings apparently, never lose a game legitimately these days.......

getting as bad as Vancouver fans...

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Nex06

Scuderi said it's mental preparation for the game issue. I think Cammalleri said pretty much the same, we should ship him to Calgary.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Scuderi said it's mental preparation for the game issue. I think Cammalleri said pretty much the same, we should ship him to Calgary.
Did he call the Canadiens losers also

Old
01-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I've yet to see anyone directly balm the refs for the Kings losing.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
johnjm22

Glad we got a point even though we didn't deserve it.

If Bernier would have started, I doubt this game would have made it to over time.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
The ref was standing 4 feet away from it, and he didn't call anything on peckham, wow what a ****ing stupid ref, we always get screwed by refs. so not fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
Terrible Terrible Terrible call in overtime. Disappointing to end a game that way. Quick's stats get hurt on one of the worst calls of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
atleast we got a point, the NHL should look into buying robots instead of paying blind refs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Kings get screwed out of an extra point, thanks refs..

I think there would be plenty of jobs for Oilers players in Hollywood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Hooray for a point, boo for absolute bush league reffing. And that PP at the end should have been a 5-on-3 due to that coward raining crosschecks on Clifford on the ground. I was pissed at that and I'm a bit shocked more people didn't pick that up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
When the refs do something stupid, they deserve blame. That was a ridiculous call. Worse that is was in OT. Worse that it resulted in a game winning goal. I don't care what the Kings did or didn't do. That shouldn't have happened and refs should get more of a punishment for those kinds of calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I've yet to see anyone directly balm the refs for the Kings losing.

Hrm, you were saying?

Old
01-16-2012, 12:01 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

It's not the refs fault we lost there is a ton of things we could've done better. However the refs blown call in OT directly led to the game winning goal for Edmonton. If the ref didn't make that bad call, the game may have had a different outcome with the Kings winning. That's frustrating as hell!!! I think any Kings fan who isn't frustrated as can be about that is just crazy.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
It's not the refs fault we lost there is a ton of things we could've done better. However the refs blown call in OT directly led to the game winning goal for Edmonton. If the ref didn't make that bad call, the game may have had a different outcome with the Kings winning. That's frustrating as hell!!! I think any Kings fan who isn't frustrated as can be about that is just crazy.
Think of it this way.

If the Kings hadn't played like garbage, it probably wouldn't have gone to OT and the refs never would have been in a position to make that call.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:12 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

7-1-5 in 13 for 19 points out of a possible 26.

Great work boys!!!!

We should have beaten this team but as long as we keep it going we will be in great shape.

Next.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Refs don't matter. We didn't score enough goals to win and it doesn't matter all that much. Got three points on a back to back, don't care about the quality of the team we played or any of that stuff, I'll take three out of four any day.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Meh, the refs didn't lose the game for us. This is the third back-to-back encounter we've gotten 3/4 points in a row. 9/12 points back-to-back, I'd say not bad. Rest up and get ready for the Canucks, who will be seeking revenge... GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Come on now. Slamming the refs for obvious bad calls is part of the fun. The players don't get to say this stuff, so we do it for them.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote