HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milbury disects Habs management/team

Old
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

vCash: 500
Milbury.

Complete over-the-top exaggeration.

He comes across as a ex-Bruin who wants to bash Montreal.

The NHL world knows he was one of the top-3 dumbest GMs of the modern era.

Pisses me off that my taxes pay his salary.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
PG was here then as well.

The way he does business doesn't work. Hasn't worked any where else he has been. Will not work here.
Youppi was there too, maybe he is to blame for what exactly I don't know. This is how most discussions about how PG "is doing a bad job" go down.

Poster1 - PG sucks, he is a terrible GM and should be fired!
Poster2 - Why is that exactly?
Poster1 - uhhh....PG Sucks he is a terrible gm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You really have a hard time understanding that Gauthier is just as responsible. Everyone in the media says this as well, Gainey made the final decisions cause he is the GM but Gauthier as pro scout is the one scouting these players.
Oh no not the media! We all know how they are 100% right all of the time. Good luck agreeing with the "unbiased" media.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Drive425

I love how 2 of the worst GM's in NHL history talk about how bad the Habs management is. Mike Milbury and Gord Stellick are a couple of bad jokes. Gotta wonder how these guys have jobs when they are as clueless in their on roles.

Goat is certainly no star but those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Milbury is a joke. Just look at his track record as a GM. 'Nuff said!

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Milbury lol.

Bertuzzi, McCabe, 3rd rounder (Ruutu) for Linden

2nd overall pick (Spezza), Chara and Muckalt for Yashin

Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha

Berard for Potvin

Traded Luongo to draft DiPietro with the 1st overall pick when Heatley and Gaborik were available. So basically traded Luongo, Jokinen, Heatley or Gaborik for DiPietro, Parrish and Kvasha.

Gave Yashin a 10 year deal as well and the Islanders are still paying that contract until 2015.

He has any credibility? Yea...no.

That guy is Rejean Houle version 10 times worse. Single handily led the Islanders to 2 decades of crap and counting.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

If Mike Milbury would've been GM of the Habs in June 2009, it's Price he would've traded for Gomez.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Results of the trade aside, I have a problem with Gauthier's process, or at least the growing perception of his methods.

A building team should not be worried about trading a player to a team in it's division or conference. See Toronto and Boston last year. A player with a NTC can be approached to waive it, so 7 teams should not be crossed off the list automatically.

Unless this was all about getting Bourque, which if the strategy if Gauthier, would also concern me.
Well, I was at the game tonight.....my first look of Bourque in a Habs uniform was positive.....saw things from him that we never saw from Cammie (out-skating the NY D on the outside, nice hits, good positioning on D, etc). Even when not scoring, Bourque was a good asset in this game (Cammie offered very little when he was not scoring)....hope he keeps that up because in a single game, he showed me that he is superior to Cammie......and we have not yet made that draft pick we got....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:58 PM
habtastic

This is so pointless because everyone (correction: some) assumes that 100% we would have got a better deal for Cammy. Did Elliot talk to every single GM? Who were these other GMs that he wasn't shopped to? Maybe there were 4 or 5 that he was shopped too. It's great for M. Detective to go around with his no-shopping narrative to make PG look bad (which btw seemed to be the theme that night on HNIC), but it's just to create the exact response it has - speculation with sparse facts, convenient facts and no complete picture.

When it comes to light that a particular GM would have done a better deal than the one that was done, then I'll be mad. Obviously that won't happen. I get the kerfuffle is about how PG does business. He does it just fine. Friedman said that the patient zero GM was worried that he'd been dealt to his rival, not that he wanted him. I find it silly that we're arguing about a deal that PG worked on that ended up being very good. Yes, we'll see how Bourque pans out, but Cammy was absolute garbage here (and it pained me to know it). It was a good deal. It didn't fall through. Be happy.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Habs

Could a few more people bring up Milbury's record as a GM? It's awesome every time someone tells us about it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Well, I was at the game tonight.....my first look of Bourque in a Habs uniform was positive.....saw things from him that we never saw from Cammie (out-skating the NY D on the outside, nice hits, good positioning on D, etc). Even when not scoring, Bourque was a good asset in this game (Cammie offered very little when he was not scoring)....hope he keeps that up because in a single game, he showed me that he is superior to Cammie......and we have not yet made that draft pick we got....
Just watching the game back off the PVR. It would seem on this night something was injected. Whether players are working for new placement in the pecking order, new teammates are trying to impress each other , or whether there is more space and oxygen in the dressing room without Cammalleri, it did feel different watching tonight's game.

I am far from neutral on Gauthier's record but still haven't formed a strong opinion on this particular trade.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:53 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
This is so pointless because everyone (correction: some) assumes that 100% we would have got a better deal for Cammy. Did Elliot talk to every single GM? Who were these other GMs that he wasn't shopped to? Maybe there were 4 or 5 that he was shopped too. It's great for M. Detective to go around with his no-shopping narrative to make PG look bad (which btw seemed to be the theme that night on HNIC), but it's just to create the exact response it has - speculation with sparse facts, convenient facts and no complete picture.
What I want to know is, why didn't he ask all these GM's if they knew Rene Bourque was available and then make a big fuss that the GM of the Hurricanes didn't get a chance to put together an offer for Bourque. Or is HNIC only allowed to bash on Montreal?

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote