HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around the League X

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I believe it was said before in this thread and I agree with it. If I went out and did that to someone... I would be in prison right now in some serious trouble. Not playing a game and making millions of dollars doing it.
And baseball players, and cyclists get away with taking illegal drugs. Basketball players get away with having possession of weapons in a building.

It's the world we live in. By no fault of the athletes.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Just for the record I agree...he should have been gone for at least 2-3 years given the severity of the incident. Only then should he have been let back into the NHL and on a probationary status..such as...one more rough hit and you're gone for life.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Avs win in regulation.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Looking like Dallas will lose in regulation and the Devils look like they will end up winning. Unless the Devils ownership group wants to save money they won't be trading Parise this year.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Also, I think it's really timely we are talking about this.

Anyone else realize that the hit that started the whole issue probably would have been easily 3 or 4 games for a head shot? Moore on Naslund...

Two wrongs don't make a right OBVIOUSLY, that's not what I am saying at all, but just goes to show you that the NHL has taken some good steps indeed.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:45 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
That's on the NHL then, not Bertuzzi.

That's kind of a false cause argument. Bertuzzi was punished incorrectly by the NHL. Bertuzzi didn't MAKE the NHL punish him incorrectly. They did that themselves.
Indeed. I don't hate Bertuzzi, I wish him the best.

The NHL should have never allowed him back in the leauge, but I don't blame him for taking advantage of an opportunity.

I hope he's doing some charity work.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Whiskeypete

Bertuzzi crossed a line. a line that is undefined and fuzzy, but as a player you know exists. a line that exists just so something like what happened to Moore won't happen. he crossed that line and ended Moore's career and livelihood. it was a complete lack of respect by one player towards another.

the NHL should have banned him in relation to Moore's injury. "you can return when he does". if he can't return then Bertuzzi should have had a 1-3 year suspension from the league. upon returning from that and Moore still can't play then you play but 50% of your pay goes to Moore, since you ended his career. iirc the NHLPA didn't do **** either, which seems real chicken **** on their part. seeing as how they are there to protect the players.

severe? hell yes. it should be because in RL a civil case would also rule along these lines. the league should have done the same to set a precedent so this never happened again. at some point he made some laughable offer of like $400K to Moore, which the family turned down.

my blood still boils every time i have to look at that puke on the ice. it would be very interesting to find out what player reactions are league wide to him and then with team mates in the DET room.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
Bertuzzi crossed a line. a line that is undefined and fuzzy, but as a player you know exists. a line that exists just so something like what happened to Moore won't happen. he crossed that line and ended Moore's career and livelihood. it was a complete lack of respect by one player towards another.

the NHL should have banned him in relation to Moore's injury. "you can return when he does". if he can't return then Bertuzzi should have had a 1-3 year suspension from the league. upon returning from that and Moore still can't play then you play but 50% of your pay goes to Moore, since you ended his career. iirc the NHLPA didn't do **** either, which seems real chicken **** on their part. seeing as how they are there to protect the players.

severe? hell yes. it should be because in RL a civil case would also rule along these lines. the league should have done the same to set a precedent so this never happened again. at some point he made some laughable offer of like $400K to Moore, which the family turned down.

my blood still boils every time i have to look at that puke on the ice. it would be very interesting to find out what player reactions are league wide to him and then with team mates in the DET room.
I think that is way too much considering Moore was nothing more then an AHL agitator and probably would never make more then 1 mil. Half of Bertuzzis pay in one year would have equaled like 3 years of that guys career...IF he even played all 82 games in the NHL which was unlikely.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Also, are we going to ask matt Cooke to pay for Marc Savard? If that is the standard? That illegal hit essentially ended his career.

Or what about McSorely? Are we quicker to forgive him for crossing that line?

Old
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
fyrescorp

Clowe just knocked in a goal in the SJ vs CBJ game that was much higher than Williams against Colorado, it counts. What BS.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Clowe just knocked in a goal in the SJ vs CBJ game that was much higher than Williams against Colorado, it counts. What BS.
The refs are out to get the Kings. Clearly.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
SJ up 2-1 with under 3 minutes.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
The refs are out to get the Kings. Clearly.
Man do you work for the zebras or what? It has nothing to do with the refs.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Montreal just tied up their game against the Sens with 37 seconds left.

Old
01-15-2012, 09:35 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Just took a look at Boston's GF/GA and it's mind boggling that they are a +69 and still 3pts behind the Rangers.

Old
01-15-2012, 09:44 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Seems like their is starting to be a little separation between 10th and 11th in the west. Dallas(10th) has a 2 point advantage on Phoenix(11th) with 2 games in-hand, and 3 games in-hand on Calgary(12th).

Old
01-15-2012, 01:06 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I'm surprised the TB GM hasn't done anything yet. I would be angry if I was a fan. He basically messed up the team in the offseason and gave up on it during the season.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Capn Brown

I've been aware of the discrepancy between the amount of games we've played thus far versus the amount of games the Sharks have played. They've had 4-5 games in hand for a few weeks now.

But do you guys know what that translates into?

Exactly SIX back to back scenarios will be facing the Sharks in February & March. SIX!!! That team has the potential of being very, very tired and/or injured down the stretch.

But it gets better. How do they end their season? With two of their last three games against US.

Yeah, it's definitely possible we'll be able to win the division this year, but we MUST win those games against the Sharks, without giving them any points in those games.

EDIT:
Nevermind. I just looked at our schedule & saw that we, too, have six back to back scenarios remaining!!!

Old
01-15-2012, 01:31 PM
jml87

As far as the Bertuzzi incident goes, it's hard. It's obvious he didn't mean for that to happen and all the guys falling on him probably did the bulk of the damage to Moore's neck. He should have gotten a couple year suspension, but still I can imagine Bertuzzi doesn't go many days without thinking about it and feeling awful for it. But Moore deserves justice because his career was destroyed.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Chicago certainly helping us out. 2-0 after 1 against San Jose. But the way that team gives up goals......

Old
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

It's funny, to me the Bertuzzi and reffing things are linked in my stance (although it's a reach)

They are human. And capable of mistakes. No doubt. But it's really no use crying and whining about it for extended periods of time. It's not like their purpose was or is to make the Kings lose a game, just the same way it wasn't really Bertuzzis intention to end the guys careers. But mistakes happen. You move on. And in regards to reffing it all evens out in the end. There are bigger issues at hand other then "******** refs **** YOU"

Old
01-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I'm surprised the TB GM hasn't done anything yet. I would be angry if I was a fan. He basically messed up the team in the offseason and gave up on it during the season.
I think Yzerman was already on record about nobody willing to trade a top 4 D right now. They could look for a goaltending upgrade, but I think they already know that they waited too long. There weren't a ton of options either. Nabokov was hurt early in the season and they'd have to give up something significant for somebody like Cory Schneider. I don't think Antero Niittymaki is a big enough upgrade to warrant giving up anything more than a late pick.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think Yzerman was already on record about nobody willing to trade a top 4 D right now. They could look for a goaltending upgrade, but I think they already know that they waited too long. There weren't a ton of options either. Nabokov was hurt early in the season and they'd have to give up something significant for somebody like Cory Schneider. I don't think Antero Niittymaki is a big enough upgrade to warrant giving up anything more than a late pick.
Tampa Bay should look at Minnesota. Three very good goalies, could get Harding easily(impending UFA), with Hackett in the AHL

Old
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

This Dennis Bernstein guy on twitter. lol

I have to give him credit because he answers questions, but he does it in a way like I know everything and I'm smarter and better than you.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Tampa Bay should look at Minnesota. Three very good goalies, could get Harding easily(impending UFA), with Hackett in the AHL
Tampa's in a tough spot now. I think I saw some posts on the main board about them having some scouts watching Harding. Having to give up assets to get a goalie and having to re-sign doesn't seem ideal.

Although this would be similar to a set of trades in 2007. Martin Biron was an impending UFA and Ryan Miller had cemented himself as Buffalo's #1. They managed to trade Biron to Philadelphia for a high 2nd rounder. Buffalo then traded their own late first rounder to rent Dainius Zubrus. So in their eyes, they traded their backup goalie for forward depth.

Maybe Harding for a pick and then Minnesota re-spins the pick for a P.A. Parenteau or Jason Blake?

Closed Thread