HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POLL: Lombardi At The Trading Deadline

Old
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
It just depends on what's available and at what price.

I'm not interested in giving up any significant assets in exchange for renting a mediocre 20 goal scorer.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
SLang

I think the coming of Voynov and our depth at D makes Jack Johnson a prime piece of trade bait for that sniping winger everyone is clamoring for.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
voynov26

So far between the three choices....

a. Stay on course and do nothing.
b, Trade for a scorer/sniper that might cost a steep price.
c. Trade for a depth player at Wing that can chip in some goals and help maybe Loktionov or on our fourth line that might just cost us a 2nd or 3rd pick or a prospect.

"It seems like 90% of fans prefer option "c." Option "b" comes a distant second and "a" none of the fans would like DL to stand pat."

"b" is only at play only IF we can get someone who is good for us short term and long term just as long we don't overpay.... value for value is alright.

That's what I got from this.

voynov26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
So far between the three choices....

a. Stay on course and do nothing.
b, Trade for a scorer/sniper that might cost a steep price.
c. Trade for a depth player at Wing that can chip in some goals and help maybe Loktionov or on our fourth line that might just cost us a 2nd or 3rd pick or a prospect.

"It seems like 90% of fans prefer option "c." Option "b" comes a distant second and "a" none of the fans would like DL to stand pat."

"b" is only at play only IF we can get someone who is good for us short term and long term just as long we don't overpay.... value for value is alright.

That's what I got from this.
I think that is how every GM is the league at least tries to operate.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:34 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think Dean will gun for B. because if he doesn't i honestly think he's on the line to being fired by the end of the season, I think him hiring a top gunner would be more relaxing on TL. DL has had a long time. He has to bring it home or be sent home. thats my opinion though. Just saying.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:52 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think Dean will gun for B. because if he doesn't i honestly think he's on the line to being fired by the end of the season, I think him hiring a top gunner would be more relaxing on TL. DL has had a long time. He has to bring it home or be sent home. thats my opinion though. Just saying.
I think the Murray firing bought him at least another year... The excuse of the team struggling under TM early in the year and Sutter being unable to dig the team out of that hole is just hanging right there to use. I think next year if the team struggles and the offense still isn't there then you can look at DL as accountable, since he'll have his players and his coach. The excuses will be gone and the timeframe will have been long enough to see.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
I am Ruutu for Cocoa Puffs!

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am Ruutu for Cocoa Puffs!

What are the odds that the Kings throw Penner's money at him, and then Mitchell's money (if he doesn't resign here, his return is my first choice) at Gleason and call it good?
If Gagne doesn't come back and Stoll isn't resigned it leaves enough space to also add another player to the bottom 6 if they want. Only question is should the Kings try to trade for Ruutu and Gleason now or sign them in the off-season?
I can't see the Kings landing Parise without opening a hole elsewhere that they'd be unable to fill due to cap space... Let's face it if Parise goes to free agency he's going to command huge money, money the Kings probably can't afford.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote