HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Coyotes 2 PM MST | Bite the pillow, here comes daddy Doan

Old
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 500
Some Mueller stuff:

It's time to break up the ROR line.

Milan Hejduk HAS to play next to Peter Mueller. He just has to. No other player on the team can play everywhere in the offensive zone. Mueller is so good at giving the puck it's a must to find guys that want the puck on their stick, and have a variety of skills with it. Duchene would be more ideal, but oh well.

Also, I may get flamed to **** for this, but he should also be playing center, least in the offensive zone. (somebody else can take the defensive assignment, if needed).

Mueller is far too good playing down the middle to be a winger (that is, unless he's playing with Duchene). Admittedly, he's not going to play behind and around the net the way you'd like a center to, but in my mind the facts that he would have options to both sides and he naturally likes to shoot down the middle make him a good fit. I'd put him with Hejduk and Landeskog, putting ROR with Winnik and whoever else we can find.

Alex Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
What type of dog? Sounds much better than any hockey game! I've got two Siberian Huskies. They're a handful.
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35q9bs/

OnT: I agree with everything said by the poster above me, except for breaking up ROR and Landy in favour of Winnik.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Some Mueller stuff:

Milan Hejduk HAS to play next to Peter Mueller. He just has to. No other player on the team can play everywhere in the offensive zone. Mueller is so good at giving the puck it's a must to find guys that want the puck on their stick, and have a variety of skills with it. Duchene would be more ideal, but oh well.

Also, I may get flamed to **** for this, but he should also be playing center, least in the offensive zone. (somebody else can take the defensive assignment, if needed).

Mueller is far too good playing down the middle to be a winger (that is, unless he's playing with Duchene). Admittedly, he's not going to play behind and around the net the way you'd like a center to, but in my mind the facts that he would have options to both sides and he naturally likes to shoot down the middle make him a good fit. I'd put him with Hejduk and Landeskog, putting ROR with Winnik and whoever else we can find.
Once, DUchene comes back they should reunite him with the Duke and Mueller. AS for breaking up Landy and Ror? I don't see the logic in that.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Some Mueller stuff:

I agree with most of your sentiments... although I'm not sure about him playing center.. maybe only over Galiardi. I get that Sacco was trying to split up the offense on 3 separate lines but I want him to throw Mueller with Stastny and Jones for now. When Dutchy comes back I would put mueller duke and dutch back together but that leaves with O'Reilly or Stas playing as wing (unless we are throwing ROR back to 3rd line duties). Because of this, I want to try a lineup of:

Duchene - Stastny - Landeskog
Mueller - O'Reilly - Hejduk
Galiardi - McClement - Jones
McCleod - Winnik - Kobasew

Hate to throw winnik on the 4th line though

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
bigdaddydroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
What type of dog? Sounds much better than any hockey game! I've got two Siberian Huskies. They're a handful.
The little puppy is actually my third dog. I have a Boxer/American Staffordshire who is three and another dog who is a SPCA rescue who is also around three (she's a mix breed of some kind. Her body resembles a bully breed and her face looks retrieverish)

The SPCA rescue was abused badly when I got her (she had mange and was very close to starving and was very weary of people.). She's a real sweetheart now and is slowly getting better and better around people, although she is scared of new men (not agressive scared, but more petrified and run away). I assume the one that beat her was a man. I'd like to track the ****** that had her before and kick the **** out of him.

The Boxer is a handful and a half. She is under the impression that she is still a puppy (even through she is three and weighs around 70lbs). She's such a sweet dog. Not an aggressive bone in her body. She's very curious and playful.

The newest addition is far from a manly dog, but I figured I wanted a lap dog. The other two are 50-70 lbs and aren't big cuddlers.

She's a Chihuahua/Pomeranian. She is nine weeks old and currently weighs around a pound to a pound and a half max. I've had her for three days and she's make me smile lots. She has a huge personality for such a little animal.

My dad had a Siberian Husky when I was little. They are gorgeous dogs. I remember though that she was stubborn as hell (which is a breed trait for husky if my memory serves me right ). She was another real sweetheart though and very smart.

Last edited by bigdaddydroc: 01-16-2012 at 02:26 PM.
bigdaddydroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddydroc View Post
The little puppy is actually my third dog. I have a Boxer/American Staffordshire who is three and another dog who is a SPCA rescue who is also around three (she's a mix breed of some kind. Her body resembles a bully breed and her face looks retrieverish)

The SPCA rescue was abused badly when I got her (she had mange and was very close to starving and was very weary of people.). She's a real sweetheart now and is slowly getting better and better around people, although she is scared of new men (not agressive scared, but more petrified and run away). I assume the one that beat her was a man. I'd like to track the ****** that had her before and kick the **** out of him.

The Boxer is a handful and a half. She is under the impression that she is still a puppy (even through she is three and weighs around 70lbs). She's such a sweet dog. Not an aggressive bone in her body. She's very curious and playful.

The newest addition is far from a manly dog, but I figured I wanted a lap dog. The other two are 50-70 lbs and aren't big cuddlers.

She's a Chihuahua/Pomeranian. She is nine weeks old and currently weighs around a pound to a pound and a half max. I've had her for three days and she's make me smile lots. She has a huge personality for such a little animal.

My dad had a Siberian Husky when I was little. They are gorgeous dogs. I remember though that she was stubborn as hell (which is a breed trait for husky if my memory serves me right ). She was another real sweetheart though and very smart.
Awesome, dude...posts like this make my day.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Get Mueller with stazz and put porter on the 4th move kobasew to the third line

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Derrick Rose is scratched

Oh well.. at least the Avalanche game is gonna be a good one.
What happened to your avatar/sig?

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
What happened to your avatar/sig?
infractions

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

Quote:
infractions
For some reason I'm not surprised

Old
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
For some reason I'm not surprised
eh i'm not really bragging but I have a record with well over 20... Just that time of the year I guess.

Old
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
infractions
Say it ain't so G2P? How in the world could you get an infraction!? You're so gosh-darn lovable here on the Avs forum...

I don't know if I've ever gotten an infraction...but I did get into a slight "pissing" match with GKJ back before he was a Global Mod...and it wasn't pretty, we both said some things that in retrospect, I at least regret, perhaps he does to, but I can't speak for him on that...

Mostly why I steer clear of the Main Boards now...it seems like everyone is so sensitive there

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I'm not a very agreeable guy

Old
01-16-2012, 02:52 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Goddammit. I'm european and I'll be heading home from work when this begins. What gives? What freaking bank holiday is this ?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:52 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
Before Duchene gets back:

Porter - Stastny - Hejduk
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Winnik
Mueller - Galiardi - Jones
McCleod - McClement - Kobasew

Porter played pretty well with Stastny on Saturday, so I give him a few more games. Keeping Muellers playing time down on the 3rd line until he gets at least 10 games in. And then, when Duchene gets back, I'd like to see

Duchene - Stastny - Hejduk
Mueller - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Winnik - Galiardi - Jones
Kobasew - McClement - Yip

No Porter and no McCleod once Duchene arrives. Except that won't happen since apparently Sacco is in love with McCleod and Porter

And then, once Duchene gets back into the thick of things - move Mueller onto Duchene's line, either as a Center with Duchene at LW or maybe Duchene with at C with Mueller at LW. This would change based on the situation

Last edited by AMDZen: 01-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.
AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Before Duchene gets back:

Hejduk - Stastny - Jones
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Winnik
Mueller - Galiardi - Jones
McCleod - McClement - Kobasew

Keeping Muellers playing time down on the 3rd line until he gets at least 10 games in. And then, when Duchene gets back, I'd like to see

Winnik - Galiardi - Jones
Kobasew - McClement - Yip

No Porter and no McCleod once Duchene arrives. Except that won't happen since apparently Sacco is in love with McCleod and Porter
Any idea on when we can expect Duchene back?

I hope we don't have a winning streak going because Sacco won't let him play.

Old
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:

I'm sorry you hope the team you cheer for, don't go on a winning streak because X player isn't playing?

Well they said he's out atleast a month, so I'm thinking first week of February.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
KraftD

Here is what i want to see when Duchene comes back

Olver - Galiardi - Jones
Kobasew - McClement - Winnik

KraftD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Goddammit. I'm european and I'll be heading home from work when this begins. What gives? What freaking bank holiday is this ?

Old
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:

Imagine a pissed off Duchene after being a healthy scratch for 4 games waiting for us to lose. Maybe he'd be like Angry Foppa? Just getting knocked around a bit more

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
The good doctor?

oh.

well

ok.

Sorry Dr King