HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consummate Pro: Matt Ellis

Old
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
kcoxsabresfan

vCash: 500
The Consummate Pro: Matt Ellis

I looked and didn't see this article posted, so forgive me if it was.

The Consummate Pro

Lindy on Matt Ellis

Quote:
“He is a consummate pro. From how hard he works, how hard he trains and has an unbelievable attitude. You could take some of his attributes, and if you could drop one or two on different players, it’d be a helluva player. That comes with the battle of trying to stay in this league too. It’s a determination that’s pretty impressive.”
I know Lindy is trying to say positive things about Matt Ellis here, but he implies that determination is what is preventing some of the Sabres *skilled players* from being "a helluva player."

It's never a bad thing to have guys like this around your club:

Quote:
I’ve always been a hard worker and always had fun playing the game. I think that just stems from a pure passion for the game. But there’s also that side that you want to prove yourself. If you want something bad enough, you find a way to go out and get it. I think through some of those traits and determination, I ended up achieving my childhood dream.”
Anyway, kudos to Matt Ellis for skating his butt off night in and night out, he's one of the players I always enjoy watching.

kcoxsabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
“He is a consummate pro. From how hard he works, how hard he trains and has an unbelievable attitude. You could take some of his attributes, and if you could drop one or two on different players, it’d be a helluva player. That comes with the battle of trying to stay in this league too. It’s a determination that’s pretty impressive. And that's why when we're down a goal with under two minutes to go, he's my first choice to put on the ice, because he works so hard that he could realistically WILL the puck into the net because of how hard he works, because things like 'talent' are overrated and stupid.”

- Lindy Ruff

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
slip

You could take some of his attributes, if you could drop one or two on different players, it’d be a helluva player.

I wonder what players he has in mind.

Stafford? Vanek? Definitely Stafford, though.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM
dire wolf
be cool

It's all true, though. He never gives up on puck battles, even when they look hopeless and nobody else on the team would bother. Often, he succeeds and pulls out a small miracle. I'd actually like to see him play with some talented line-mates. He can't score, but he can fish pucks better than anyone else on the team.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
kcoxsabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
“And that's why when we're down a goal with under two minutes to go, he's my first choice to put on the ice, because he works so hard that he could realistically WILL the puck into the net because of how hard he works, because things like 'talent' are overrated and stupid.”
- Fake Lindy Ruff

Okay, I get what you are trying to say. Maybe Lindy mishandles his talented players. But, even if his coaching is to blame for this awful season, he doesn't go out on the ice. Eventually even poorly coached players score a goal here or there. The fact is the guys on this team with 'talent' outside of Vanek and Pominville, haven't showed up at all, and could stand to play a bit more like Ellis.

Old
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I agree, just making a little joke

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Matt Ellis

Tons of heart and passion. And as "bad" as he may be in talent, just remember, he would make you (armchair/bar league hockey player) look stupid if you played against him.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
kcoxsabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I agree, just making a little joke
Ah, it was actually pretty funny. Probably just a bit defensive because of all of the Lindy hate lately.