HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does Tort's get Brad Richards going??

Old
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
Go out and get Loui Eriksson.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Because all summer we heard how he was going to elevate everyone's game here, "elite" players are supposed to do that. So now it's not his fault because his line mates suck? No excuses, Richards has been a disappointment
I never said his linemates suck.....You sound like my girl,interpeting things the way you like too..I do love my girl to death though,,she is awesome,just wanna make that clear!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont put words in my mouth. Richards will be fine played just about 45 games as a Ranger,relax man.... In your opinion he has been a dissapointment,in mine im please..Your one of the many always unsatisfied people,the type where if the rangers lose 3 in a row they suck but when they win 3 in a row there the best..So i wont debate anything with you.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Go out and get Loui Eriksson.
good idea,they played great together in Dallas.

Does sound good but would never happen.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

That's how. Get it done Slats.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I don't disagree that we need more scoring, but how many more points do you get for winning 10-1 instead of 2-1? None.

I think what this team needs most is to get the third line going again. Last year Prust-Boyle-Feds was so good for us. Probably was we didn't have a very good couple of top lines. This season our top two lines have been pretty good, but our bottom six scoring has been non-existant.

We can get buy with our best player scoring in the mid sixties as long as we get production from the entire roster.
Agree with this. It's about depth, not PPG players, but right now we have neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If we continue to give up less goals than we score, yes. Quite simple, really.
What you're not understanding is how difficult it is to win 2-1 every night. That's what we did last year and we had to crawl to get into the playoffs.

Old
01-16-2012, 04:52 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Everyone needs to relax. He is going through a slump. Every player goes through a slump in their careers. Marian Gaborik is a perfect example. 48 points in 60 games last year and everyone was ready to write him off. He bounced back and is Top 5 in the NHL in scoring.

Richie will get it together. He is an elite player in the midst of his prime. The team is tops in the NHL, far better than anyone expected on Opening Night. So chill with the overreacting to a scoring drought. If he finishes with 65-75 points I'm sure most of you will be quite satisfied with his season, rather than stresing a poor 10-15 game stretch in January.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
SaveByLundqvist

I'm happy with Richards. The guy is creative without sacrificing on the other side of the puck, he'll get going I'm sure of it. He's just too good not too.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Leetch66

Call his Mom and get her to light a fire under his A** ! If he doesn't do it then I will !!! Nah...I would not do that...but it ticks me off at his lack of effort the last few games . In all honesty...the girlfriend thing might have taken a toll on him and the NY nightlife has always been hard on country boys and you won't get much more country than he is .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
satrabyk

Listen ive said it from the start and i thought maybe more effort was the problem or getting used to the team. But honestly hes just not that Number 1 center people made him out to be and should we be suprised when u sign a veteran with our history of signings centers. Yes were in first so everything looks gloomy but this guy has not played that well and reg season means **** when the playoffs roll around and if your best players arent playing above others you wont win. So we do have a problem, if he has another gear he has to show it, but idk if he does.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
I'm happy with Richards. The guy is creative without sacrificing on the other side of the puck, he'll get going I'm sure of it. He's just too good not too.
Too Good, what have u seen that says that?

Old
01-16-2012, 06:34 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I'm not that worried because he does a lot more than just put up points. Plus he's a clutch guy. Last one I am worried about.
Clutch the last time i heard that the guy was bought out, clutch is a pile of ****.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
NYR Viper

It's the same problem this team has had for years since Jagr left, they are lacking skill. They make up for it by shear hard work and in the playoffs, that style is effective over a long series. However, when it comes to stats, it is difficult for anyone to put up large point totals.

They really have (3) skilled forwards on their entire roster. Richards, Gaborik and Stepan. Richards doesn't play with any.

Go out and get a skilled winger for him to work with and his stats will get better.

It is something I have said for a few years. They have redundant types of players. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Callahan, Fedotenko, Boyle, Mitchell. All grinders (or glorified-grinders).

It is why this team is so good defensively. They out-work the other team, but I would doubt we will see many games where they score more than 3 goals.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Dorado*

He shouldn't need " TORTS" to get him going . IMO wanna get him going he should shoot more .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Dorado*

Oh yeah it's hard to shoot when the whole team and the puck is always behind the net . But ...... As long as the team continues to have good results " below the hash marks " and behind the net is where all the action will be . Whether or not Kreider will be an impact in the NHL REMAINS to be seen but he has the speed and the size to hopefully get somewhere between the circles in the slot and get a shot off .

Old
01-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
I never said his linemates suck.....You sound like my girl,interpeting things the way you like too..I do love my girl to death though,,she is awesome,just wanna make that clear!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont put words in my mouth. Richards will be fine played just about 45 games as a Ranger,relax man.... In your opinion he has been a dissapointment,in mine im please..Your one of the many always unsatisfied people,the type where if the rangers lose 3 in a row they suck but when they win 3 in a row there the best..So i wont debate anything withyou.
Go ahead, but remember this, over the summer I told everyone he would not fix the power play and people were crazy thinking he's good for 90 plus points. I'm looking pretty smart right now bud, maybe I'm the one who shouldn't be debating with you

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
lolwut?

He's brutal defensively and turns the puck over three times a game.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Listen ive said it from the start and i thought maybe more effort was the problem or getting used to the team. But honestly hes just not that Number 1 center people made him out to be and should we be suprised when u sign a veteran with our history of signings centers. Yes were in first so everything looks gloomy but this guy has not played that well and reg season means **** when the playoffs roll around and if your best players arent playing above others you wont win. So we do have a problem, if he has another gear he has to show it, but idk if he does.
Really?

He won a Conn Smythe, is damn close to a PPG in the playoffs, and has broke 90 points twice.

You don't know if he has another gear?

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:26 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

I don't think it's about acquiring some player that could amp Brad's game up.

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Too Good, what have u seen that says that?
People had the same tunnel-vision, short-sighted, judgment of Gaborik last year. The rest of his career was irrelevant. TRADE THE BUM!

What have we seen, how about 6 game-winning goals?

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Really?

He won a Conn Smythe, is damn close to a PPG in the playoffs, and has broke 90 points twice.

You don't know if he has another gear?
The way he's playing he better have another gear

Old
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
People had the same tunnel-vision, short-sighted, judgment of Gaborik last year. The rest of his career was irrelevant. TRADE THE BUM!

What have we seen, how about 6 game-winning goals?
There's a difference. Richards was signed for 9 years. Gaborik, 5. Gaborik was still in his 20's when he had his "down year". Richards is having a down year in year 1 of 9. Considering his contract starts at 31, it should be disconcerting that he is not living up to his point expectations in just his first year. What does that bode for year 5 when he is 36? What about year 7 at 38?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Just put him back with Gaborik.

Torts, please, let's see a:

Dubi/Hags-Richards-Gaborik line going.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Dorado*

Since Olivia Munn said she likes him better as a " friend " it seems he was under performing off the ice as well .... Zing .... LGR

Old
01-16-2012, 08:25 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Since Olivia Munn said she likes him better as a " friend " it seems he was under performing off the ice as well .... Zing .... LGR
Thats... enough to degrade him. Force her to date him.

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Dorado*

In all seriousness when are we going to luck into a guy who turns out to be as as good as Giroux ? Instead of having to sign these " proven " guys to these mega cap crushing inevitable buy out / bury in the minors contracts ? I mean Steps is a good find as a 2nd rounder but he'll never be Giroux .
Richards hasnt been awful but I guess he's just another in a long list of free agents that was a complimentary player and not the main man . Conn Smythe or not Tampa Torts and Brad wins nothing with out MSL . Hopefully we at least get out of the first round and at least take it to 7 in the 2nd round this season , get a taste of this team and system in the playoffs and clear some cap make some minor changes hopefully infuse a few more rookies and make a legit run at it next season .