HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

8-1-5 under Sutter

Old
01-16-2012, 10:32 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
While we haven't been terrific under Sutter, the record speaks for itself. A lot of loser points which will mean nothing in the playoffs, so some concern there, but the Kings have points in every game but one under Sutter, and that game we got shutout in.

21 points in 14 games, that's a .750 winning percentage and we sit 7th in the West. We are now two points behind SJ, though they have four games in hand, for tops in the division. We are also only seven points behind the Rangers (who do have three games in hand) for tops in the NHL. Not suggesting we would go that high, just showing it's impressive with where we stand after how we've played this year.

I think the team has looked much better under Sutter and are fighting harder. the offense, outside of last nights game against Edmonton, is also coming around and looking a lot better. We had 13 goals in three games against Dallas, Washington and Calgary. It took us eight games to get 13 goals prior to that.

Do you see this keeping up, and do you see us making the playoffs or getting the Pacific Division title?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I see the Kings getting a lower seed, 6-8. No way do they win the Pacific unless SJ is decimated by injuries.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I want to see how these players do when the "honeymoon" period with Sutter is over.

If they can continue to play at this level throughout the season and into the playoffs the Kings can do some damage.

For the first time in a very long time I like the Kings' goaltending over any team they will face in the playoffs.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
BringTheReign

We just need to keep putting points on the board and hope that Dallas, Phoenix, Colorado, and Calgary drop off as the season progresses. There's no denying that Sutter has the team playing better, but even playing well we could still miss the playoffs in a race this tight.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Goals, Goals, Goals, Goals

We need more goals.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Chazz Reinhold

I hope this means that kingsfan is prescient and knows the Kings are beating Vancouver tomorrow.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:56 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
We just need to keep putting points on the board and hope that Dallas, Phoenix, Colorado, and Calgary drop off as the season progresses. There's no denying that Sutter has the team playing better, but even playing well we could still miss the playoffs in a race this tight.
It will also help that the teams in the Central will hopefully (please no 3 point games...) start taking points from eachother as they play eachother more and more as the end of the year gets closer...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I hope this means that kingsfan is prescient and knows the Kings are beating Vancouver tomorrow.
I am

5-2

Old
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
johnjm22

Why the West should start being very afraid of the Los Angeles Kings
Quote:
A lot of people thought replacing the stern voice of Terry Murray behind the bench with the sterner (and mumblier) voice of Darryl Sutter was a foolish decision by Dean Lombardi, but instead it has transformed the Los Angeles Kings into a truly terrifying, borderline-great power in the Western Conference.

Now, 13 games, seven wins and 19 points later, the Kings are closing in on San Jose's lead in the Pacific, though admittedly the Sharks have five(!) games in hand.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...wUbeQ04GJ7vLYF

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

The Kings need to play at a .764 pace for 36 games in order to take the Pacific. A .750 pace over 14 games is one thing, but an even better pace for two and a half times longer...

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
The Kings need to play at a .764 pace for 36 games in order to take the Pacific. A .750 pace over 14 games is one thing, but an even better pace for two and a half times longer...

What we need is a nice, long winning streak. When was the last time we had one of those this season? Heck, when was the first time we had one of those this season? I don't think we've won more than 4 in a row this season. We'll have to get a 6 or 8 game streak going wherein we win and not lose in the OT/SO.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
We only need to keep up that pace assuming the Sharks keep up theirs. Don't forget we play them at the end of the season, that more than anything could decide the Pacific.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I just want to know when the Sharks are going to start playing more games and close that huge gap.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
KingsFan7824

Wins matter come playoff time. Points matter in the regular season. The Kings dug themselves a bit of a hole in the first half, so they just need to get points from now on. Doesn't have to look pretty. They're going to lose games, and they're going to lose games in regulation, but if they have to lose games, I'll take the point if it's there.

The Kings can keep it up, and maybe take the division, IF, they start getting the kind of contribution from everyone that was expected of them going into the season. Penner, as one example, has his issues, but would anyone have expected 2 goals in 34 games? For a guy that was averaging almost 25 goals a year in his career before this season, I doubt anyone would've expected just 2 goals at this point.

If things keep going the way they have been, then I would doubt the Kings get any higher than 6th. I would still expect them to make the playoffs though. The Kings have flaws, but so do the teams they're in the race with, and the Kings at least have the experience of getting to the playoffs the last two years. That doesn't guarantee anything, but something like that does have some value to it.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:50 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I am

5-2
You were right.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote