HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild go shopping. Granlund anyone?

Old
01-15-2012, 07:56 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Wait... Minn has an injury to a key player and Fletcher is willing to make a roster change to keep them competitive?

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Wait... Minn has an injury to a key player and Fletcher is willing to make a roster change to keep them competitive?
It's novel, isn't it?

Granted, both guys are long-term with concussions, which has been a problem for Bouchard in the past. Who knows if he'll be back.

01-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

lol..... Depending on the picks, I don't even think Roy + picks gets it done. Granlund is easily the most offensively gifted, and probably the best, prospect they've had since the Wild drafted Gaborik, so considering how some of their high draft picks have gone since then (Pierre-Marc Bouchard, although that's mostly due to injuries, AJ Thelen, Benoit Pouliot, James Sheppard, Colton Gilles) they've got to be thrilled they turned a 9th overall pick into one of hockey's best prospects. I could see him being flipped for a guy like Parise, pending a sign-and-trade. Not Derek Roy.

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:50 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
HF groupthink aside, Granlund would likely only moved for overpayment. Like Roy.

e: Look at Schenn's value last summer.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Vanek for Granlund depicts just how lost (like the team they follow) a lot of fans on here are. Epitome of mind numbing.
being overly attached to a core heading towards a 5th year of failure, shows how dumb the fan base is.... oh wait it's lindy... no it's injuries to non core players... no it's regier for believing in the non core players and adding to that core... no it's the players.... no it's ruff... not it's regier... no it's the hockey gods... no it's injuries... no it's the lockerroom.... no it;s chemistry.... no it's ruff.... no it's the scouting department.... no it's ted black... no it's the core... no it's ruff... no it's james patrick... no it's the old core... no it's the youth... no it's lindy... no it's regier... no it's pegula...no it's the players.... no it's ruff... not it's regier... no it's the players.... no it's ruff... not it's regier... no it's the players.... no it's ruff... not it's regier... no it's the players.... no it's ruff... not it's regier...

IT'S EVERYONE

BLOW THIS JOKE UP

hope you enjoy being the Flames

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Roy, Stafford for Harding, Granlund

Miller, Ennis for Getzlaf

Make it happen.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Bein' Jame
Not trading your 26 year old star winger is literally the same as trading away all of your draft picks and holding on to +30 vets. Gotcha.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Luceni

Trading away Vanek for an unproven prospect won't get us anywhere nearer to the cup for at least 3 years. I think trading our only top talent isn't the solution.

Trade away Roy, Stafford, Pomineville, anyone; Hell, but Myers and Vanek shouldn't go anywhere except if we're talkin about Malkin.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Trading away Vanek for an unproven prospect won't get us anywhere nearer to the cup for at least 3 years. I think trading our only top talent isn't the solution.

Trade away Roy, Stafford, Pomineville, anyone; Hell, but Myers and Vanek shouldn't go anywhere except if we're talkin about Malkin.
If you're suggesting Pomminville isn't a top talent you haven't been watching the games closely enough

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Roy, Stafford for Harding, Granlund

Miller, Ennis for Getzlaf

Make it happen.
Could be me but I think Roy/Stafford package is better than Miller/Ennis package

Edit: Pominville (not Pomineville, Pomminville)... sorry it bothers me when Sabres fans can't spell the last name of their leading scorer properly

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Girgenburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Or it's similar to Mogilny for Peca. Admitting your core isn't getting anywhere and starting fresh. Look, I'm not really suggesting we should do that, but trading Vanek should not be off the table. This team is going nowhere fast. Would you trade Vanek for RNH? I would.
I personally would do that and not think twice about it.

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
If you're suggesting Pomminville isn't a top talent you haven't been watching the games closely enough
While I have to agree with you, that Pommmmmminevile (i hope I spelled it right, dman0034) has been great lately he is not even close to the talent Vanek has got.
I think the primary reason of Pommers producing success is because he is playing with Vanek.

Pomminnnevillle has done a great job so far but he doesen't score enough on the golden oppurnities Vanek sets up. Man, Vanek would have gotten many more assists if the others had any finish....

While Vanek is a good playmaker, he is a way better goalscorer. The Problem is that we lack a firstline Playmaker, so Vanek had to jump in that role.

A guy like Richards would have been epic for the Sabres. They need a Playmaker who sets up Vanek. At the moment, Vanek tries to set up the others. But it should be the other way round. The Problem is, we have no ELITE playmaking or golscoring talent other than Vanek. And playing with Hecht as the first line center doesn't helps either.

Pominville is a first liner, with ELITE PK and ELITE defensive awareness; He has got solid passing skills and is an average goalscorer.

Vanek is our only franchise forward with ELITE goalscoring skills, ELITE passing skills, average skating and average defensive awareness.

Last edited by Luceni: 01-16-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:12 AM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
While I have to agree with you, that Pommmmmminevile (i hope I spelled it right, dman0034) has been great lately he is not even close to the talent Vanek has got.
I think the primary reason of Pommers producing success is because he is playing with Vanek.

Pomminnnevillle has done a great job so far but he doesen't score enough on the golden oppurnities Vanek sets up. Man, Vanek would have gotten many more assists if the others had any finish....

While Vanek is a good playmaker, he is a way better goalscorer. The Problem is that we lack a firstline Playmaker, so Vanek had to jump in that role.

A guy like Richards would have been epic for the Sabres. They need a Playmaker who sets up Vanek. At the moment, Vanek tries to set up the others. Put it should be the other way round. The Problem is, we have no ELITE playmaking or golscoring talent other than Vanek. And playing with Hecht as the first line center doesn't helps either.

Pominville is a first liner, with ELITE PK and ELITE defensive awareness; He has got solid passing skills and is an average goalscorer.

Vanek is our only franchise forward with ELITE goalscoring skills, ELITE passing skills, average skating and average defensive awareness.

You did that time and I agree with your post.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:44 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1081963

See the Wild fans go No Freaking Way to Granlund+ for Vanek.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

I doubt the Wild GM would have the same reaction as as the fans, as this is a win ASAP league or you're out. On the other hand, that is the same reason Darcy wouldn't make said move. You need job security, and despite Darcy's tenure, this underacheiving, over paid roster doesn't work well for a GM trying to keep his job going into rebuild mode. That said, I managed to tick off both fanbases, so it seems the value must be accurate.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
LGB24

Quote:

A guy like Richards would have been epic for the Sabres. They need a Playmaker who sets up Vanek. At the moment, Vanek tries to set up the others. But it should be the other way round. The Problem is, we have no ELITE playmaking or golscoring talent other than Vanek. And playing with Hecht as the first line center doesn't helps either.

He's scored 20+ goals for the past 5 years and is 5 away from his 6th season. Vanek wasn't producing until he was placed on a line with Pommer and vice-versa. If you're judging talent on offensive performance alone which it seems you are, then yes Vanek is our only top talent. But if you're looking at a players full package of what they bring, than you have to include Pominville too. Like you said he's elite defensively and on the PK. Rocket of a shot, and guarantee for 20+ goals and 65+ points.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

If Granlund is on the market get him. He's going to be a special player. I strongly doubt that he's on the market, though.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
slip

Now Koivu is out for a month. I feel bad for Minny. I really thought they were turning it around this year but they seem to be caught in a death spiral of their own.

Might be an interesting place to unload Boyes for a 3rd, though.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

Wild fans are probably just as attached to their players and top prospects as we are to ours. Their opinion on trade value is meaningless to a GM and probably pretty off base.

CarlWinslow is online now   Reply With Quote