HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Shero Interview on Madden

Old
01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
Heres the recap..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Shero: He confirmed that Letang has been cleared to play and could see game action before the all-star break. Also, Shero said that Morrow, Despres, Harrington and Bennett will not be traded and that the team will eventually be built around them

From Jose Yohe.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Madden: "I'm not going to lie to you..."

Why not? You lie about most of your "insider trade tips" IMO. Madden is such a tool.

(and FAT!)

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Also, Shero said that Morrow, Despres, Harrington and Bennett will not be traded and that the team will eventually be built around them.
That is a very eerie statement, considering the ages of Crosby, Malkin and Staal.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Shero: He confirmed that Letang has been cleared to play and could see game action before the all-star break. Also, Shero said that Morrow, Despres, Harrington and Bennett will not be traded and that the team will eventually be built around them

From Jose Yohe.

"Build around" sounds like a "journalistic addition" but it is reassuring to know, for Despres and Morrow especially, that those guys aren't on the block. OTOH GMs are known for playing mind games and that could be another way to drive up the price if he is considering trading one of them. I agree the absence of Tangradi on that list is a little curious...

Old
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChi Vitale View Post
"Build around" sounds like a "journalistic addition" but it is reassuring to know, for Despres and Morrow especially, that those guys aren't on the block. OTOH GMs are known for playing mind games and that could be another way to drive up the price if he is considering trading one of them. I agree the absence of Tangradi on that list is a little curious...
"these young players that we think are going to be part of our future moving forward" is what he said on the Madden interview. I doubt he said "build around". More irresponsible Twitterism/Journalism.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Anywhere I can listen to the interview in its entirety?

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Anywhere I can listen to the interview in its entirety?
http://www.1059thex.com/player/?stat...l&mid=21733161

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:37 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:55 PM
JimsDoors

I thought it was funny on Shero's part, acting coy when asked about the players meeting.

JimsDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
gordie

I wonder what the response will be on this message board if Tangradi is moved due to Bylsma being incapable of working him into the way they play and then gets into the right situation like Cam Neely did when Vancouver traded him to Boston? There's very little future & upside in Dupuis, Kunitz, Kennedy and Sullivan.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
I wonder what the response will be on this message board if Tangradi is moved due to Bylsma being incapable of working him into the way they play and then gets into the right situation like Cam Neely did when Vancouver traded him to Boston? There's very little future & upside in Dupuis, Kunitz, Kennedy and Sullivan.
I'll be pretty pissed if they trade him and he ends up being a good player. That all depends on the return we receive too though I guess.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Valarukar

Does anyone else get the feeling that possibly one of the reasons Tangradi doesn't see more ice time is due to his attitude or something behind the scenes? I don't know why, but I just feel he has a negativity to him, not that I wouldn't give him some more ice time he's earned it with the call up so far.

Valarukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarukar View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that possibly one of the reasons Tangradi doesn't see more ice time is due to his attitude or something behind the scenes? I don't know why, but I just feel he has a negativity to him, not that I wouldn't give him some more ice time he's earned it with the call up so far.
He is from the Philly area. How good could his attitude be really? I'd be negative too if I had to grow up there.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Tangradi was caught booing his own mother recently.... true story.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Ugene Malkin
Oh..Well!

Mark should have ask Shero this question.

Would you give Vinny 10.0 for seven seasons with a 7.727,723 until the year 2020?

I'll wait your reply.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChi Vitale View Post
Madden: "I'm not going to lie to you..."

Why not? You lie about most of your "insider trade tips" IMO. Madden is such a tool.

(and FAT!)
He reffed one of the dek hockey games for the "Penguins" Summer Tournament that I played in. He just stood in the center and made calls from there. Surprisingly, he may have been the best ref in that tournament.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarukar View Post
I don't get that impression at all. From everything I have read and watched he seems like a stand up kid, with a good attitude. I would love to see him paired with Malkin more. Yesterday he had 2 shifts with Geno and had quality chances on each of those shifts. The kid is an NHL player, I just hope we find a way to utilize him. And being on the fourth line getting nine minutes is not being utilized properly. Let him flank Malkin for a period and see what we have. He cant be any worse than Sully.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
SEALBound

Tangradi
Lovejoy
Sullivan
Kennedy

are, as far as I'm concerned, valuable potential trading pieces.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Bylsma strikes me as one who goes by the Babcock school of thought, which is rookies earn their ice time. I'm sure Bylsma sees everything that we see in Tangradi, but he has 1 fluky goal and 3 points in 24 career games. That's bad even by 4th liner standards.

At this point I think the best option for the team and Tangradi is to give him a few shifts here and there with good players and see if he can produce some offense. He seems on the brink of finally scoring. This is his only chance to prove himself until the next wave of injuries hits.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Tangradi
Lovejoy
Sullivan

Kennedy

are, as far as I'm concerned, valuable potential trading pieces.
No value.

Tangradi's value hinges by a thin thread that is the fact that he is still a prospect. The more he plays the less value he gets. His value as a 23 year old prospect won't be as high as it was when we got him as a 20 year old prospect. Unless some GM has a hard on for big power forward type prospects, his value may be greater to us than in a trade. Let's be realistic, 6'4 scoring wingers don't grow on trees, especially for this franchise. I'm assuming his value is roughly equal to that of a 2nd round pick, and if choosing between the 2, I'd chose Tangradi 10x out of 10.

Same with TK. His trade value is low, but his value to the team as a solid secondary scorer from the 3rd line is pretty underrated. Him and Staal make for a great 3rd line.

Cooke can stay or go. He's not what he used to be. His offense and PK role is easily replaceable. I'm sure a GM would take him based on his name alone.

Last edited by Ziggyjoe21: 01-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:45 PM
SEALBound

I disagree about The Rev...he's a nice edition that has the ability to develop into a #4 dman.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

I'd keep the reverend for defensive depth for the playoffs unless you're getting a guy like Zanon back who is a vet and great PKer.

If I had to guess, roster players who could be trade bait would be Tangradi/Kennedy if the Pens have interest in someone like Ruutu. They're not going to keep Kennedy if they bring back another RW when you have Neal/Dupuis there already.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:43 AM
BumFortyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I'd keep the reverend for defensive depth for the playoffs unless you're getting a guy like Zanon back who is a vet and great PKer.

If I had to guess, roster players who could be trade bait would be Tangradi/Kennedy if the Pens have interest in someone like Ruutu. They're not going to keep Kennedy if they bring back another RW when you have Neal/Dupuis there already.
I agree with holding onto Lovejoy unless an upgrade is made on defense. He's just fine as the #7 on defense.

I disagree about not keeping Kennedy if a RW is brought in. Dupuis could easily slide over to LW and probably would in such a circumstance.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
What's your point? I doubt Evgeni Malkin has a lot more upside (if he does he will be a 150 point player, which is pretty damn unlikely in todays game). Sure, we can trade Kunitz and Kennedy for a 1st round pick, but that doesn't help us at all. The fact ist, all of them, right now, are still better at hockey than Tangradi. I hope he turns out to be a good player for us, but if he gets traded, so bet it.
This is not eastide manager. Future and upside are nice, but take the proven player any day of the week over a prospect, unless we're talking a Sidney Crosby at 18 kind of prospect, which Tangradi clearly isn't.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote