HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46 Kings @ Oilers, 1/15/'12, Postgame THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ... we get a Point

Old
01-16-2012, 12:33 AM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Refs don't matter. We didn't score enough goals to win and it doesn't matter all that much. Got three points on a back to back, don't care about the quality of the team we played or any of that stuff, I'll take three out of four any day.
What the hell is a team leader?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Los Angeles Kings Title Chances

Lost to Edmonton 1-2 (ot), playoff odds down 2.4 to 61.9%

53 points 22 15-9

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Would have gotten away with 2 points if it wasn't for those meddling refs!

Last edited by Mr Irreverent: 01-16-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Los Angeles Kings Title Chances

Lost to Edmonton 1-2 (ot), playoff odds down 2.4 to 61.9%

53 points 22 15-9
Being an Oilers fan, I generally predict SCW on a very simple basis, teams that lost to the Edmonton Oilers in the past 3 years do not win the cup

2009/2010 Hawks, Won 4/4 games by a score of 19-7, The Oilers beat the flyers 1-0

2010/2011 was VERY close to proving me wrong, The bruins beat the oilers 3-2 in the single meeting of the season sealing the deal,
Vancouver, the 1st overall in so many categories lost to the 30th place oilers twice at the end of the season sealing there fate.

2011/2012 Bruins beat the Oilers, Canucks have already lost once to them. Looking at the conference the only teams in the west I expect would be Detroit and SJ and potentially dallas, the rest have failed at the most simple task

Switch to the East, This wont be the year of the NYR, Caps, pens, or Montreal so far.

Its science

Rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Would have gotten away with 2 points if it wasn't for those gosh darn refs!
Meddling, not gosh darn!. Meddling!

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:28 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Just out of curiousity IMO Penner looked pretty good tonight I find it hard to believe that he has put up those point totals if thats the way he plays every night. Or is it that he just got up to play this game. Also is he even being used on the PP only saw him on the ice for some scraps of PP time.
He's looked this way most of his time on the Kings. He was maybe trying a bit harder this game but overall it's an average to slightly above average game by him. One would think it would translate into some points or goals sooner or later but nope.

As for the PP, he's generally on the second unit. If he could make a tape-to-tape pass or handle the puck himself in an even remotely competent way he'd get more PP time.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Meddling, not gosh darn!. Meddling!
fixed.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
itstheo54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
For a second I thought I was watching the Columbus game. They didn't have much jump, but at least they had the excuse of playing last night and travel. For those who are *****ing about the refs, look at the Kings to blame. They were 0/3 and looked like the old Kings on the PP. They didn't move their feet or cycle. Boring game, happy we got something out of it and didn't get shut out 1-0 again.
i'll take 1 columbus game if we go 7-0-4 the next 11...just sayin haha

itstheo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Thankful for a point, we left our effort in Calgary apparently.

Get up for the Canucks boys.

Still don't want to give up anything significant for Hemsky.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:50 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Glad we got a point even though we didn't deserve it.

If Bernier would have started, I doubt this game would have made it to over time.
Seriously? What does Bernier have to do with this game? Last time I checked, he got a shutout through regulation in his last game and has played very good as of late.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheo54 View Post
i'll take 1 columbus game if we go 7-0-4 the next 11...just sayin haha
HA! I'd normally say that, but then again, that was the ONE game I've been to live all year. Not the best game to sit through live.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Duc620

3 out of a possible 4, so far. 2 more available.

GO KINGS GO!

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
DeeMeck

Williams needed to know the situation there.

The refs were looking for ANY excuse to give the Oilers a power play. They always do when they call one late in regulation. The Kings KNOW that the refs do their best to keep everything even. It is the biggest fundamental flaw of all the refs in the league.

Right when the trip on Loktionov happened I told the wife we were in trouble if we didn't score, because you knew the very next chance for a call on the Kings was GOING TO HAPPEN.

We would have been better off the trip on Loktionov not be called.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
DeeMeck

Furthermore,

Nothing frustrates me more when we get 3 straight power plays where we were legitimately fouled and I have to sit there knowing that Kings can't play any defense whatsoever for the rest of the game because you absolutely know for 100% fact that the other team will be able to get away with things, yet the Kings players will just not be able to do anything without it bein called, and if the Kings don't commit the penalties, the refs will create them.

Keeping the penalties even is bad for the league. Just call what you see regardles of the situation or imbalance in penalties.

Happened a couple games ago with Stoll on a phantom hook after we had some power plays.

And yes, I know it was a run-on sentence, I don't feel like editing it.

Brown is effective at drawing penalties because he picks the right spots to do his embellishing. He does that when he knows we are due a power play or 2.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Hrm, you were saying?
Uhh so most of these quotes are showing people bad mouthing the refs, not blaming them for the loss.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

What was up with Quick's bloody nose before the game?

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
What was up with Quick's bloody nose before the game?
He loves America.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Duc620

The air is really, really dry in Edmonton.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Seriously? What does Bernier have to do with this game? Last time I checked, he got a shutout through regulation in his last game and has played very good as of late.
He's been good, but not Quick good. I don't think he would have been able to hold Edmonton to 1 goal that's all.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Capn Brown

Why can't we beat Teubert???

Most of the Manchester pundits around here seemed to voice the fact that Teubert wasn't a competent defender. Now Teubert's in the NHL and we can't exploit his incompetence? What does that make us????

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:27 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
He's been good, but not Quick good. I don't think he would have been able to hold Edmonton to 1 goal that's all.
Obviously he hasn't been Quick good, as not many goalies on this planet have this year, but I just thought it an odd comment to even make. I guess I just don't get the people that feel they have to slight one goalie against the other constantly. I love them both.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
You should CHECK again then ...
his last game was against the CAPITALS ...
he gave up a Goal 01:34 into the Game on the first or second shot of the game I believe, can't recall.
Luckily the Kings were able to Score FIVE GOALS and give Poor Lil' Bernie some goal support to win the game this time, as he gave up a 2nd goal in the 3rd period to close out the game with 2 goals on only 22 shoots faced, for a Sv% of .909 ... the only one holding back Bernier ... is BERNIER. He's GOOD, but to unseat QUICK he's going to have to be MUCH BETTER than just GOOD, or Quick will need a meltdown. I just hope Bernier can up his trade value by this time next year or sooner.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:02 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Obviously he hasn't been Quick good, as not many goalies on this planet have this year, but I just thought it an odd comment to even make. I guess I just don't get the people that feel they have to slight one goalie against the other constantly. I love them both.
And I don't understand why people are so overly sensitive/defensive about this. I wasn't slighting him. I was mentioning it because many of us (including me), expected/wanted Bernier to start. Therefore I thought it was a relevant comment. That's it.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
And I don't understand why people are so overly sensitive/defensive about this. I wasn't slighting him. I was mentioning it because many of us (including me), expected/wanted Bernier to start. Therefore I thought it was a relevant comment. That's it.
Bernier has looked GREAT in his last couple of starts.

I am still a bit shocked that he's not getting more starts, especially in back-to-backs. He looks much more sure of himself, and I'm not terrified if he goes behind the net to play the puck (jinx!)

DS needs to play Bernier more to keep him sharp and showcase his talent, for some eventual trade, because both Quick and Bernier won't be here after next season - or sooner.

Bernier is too good to be a #2 (I am finally on board that train).

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
You should CHECK again then ...
his last game was against the CAPITALS ...
he gave up a Goal 01:34 into the Game on the first or second shot of the game I believe, can't recall.
Luckily the Kings were able to Score FIVE GOALS and give Poor Lil' Bernie some goal support to win the game this time, as he gave up a 2nd goal in the 3rd period to close out the game with 2 goals on only 22 shoots faced, for a Sv% of .909 ... the only one holding back Bernier ... is BERNIER. He's GOOD, but to unseat QUICK he's going to have to be MUCH BETTER than just GOOD, or Quick will need a meltdown. I just hope Bernier can up his trade value by this time next year or sooner.
You are correct, he did play against the Caps. That slipped my mind. He did give up the first shot on goal, but after that didn't give up another until the last few minites of the game, to make it 5-2. I don't want to turn this into a Quick/Bernierthread, exactly the opposite. I just thought it was odd that he even mentioned his name in a PGT when he didn't play. That's all. I just wish there was no debate. Obviously Quick is our #1, and he SHOULD be the better of the two, as he is our #1 for a reason. Bernier is a solid #2, and IMO will get better the more games he plays down the stretch.