HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Boyle Rules (the Brian Boyle predicament)

Old
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Boyle is a pretty decent player.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Boyle is a pretty decent player.
Nah he's useless.

01-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
There IS no predicament, besides the great BM reference.

He's a 4th liner who Torts plays too much. I love Torts, but that's been one of his weaknesses this season. Boyle is not going to succeed when he's expected to bring offense and stop top lines because more often then not that's not who he is. Let him go against 2nd and 3rd liners, protect his ice time more, let him PK, and he'll be a beneficial part of this team. As a FOURTH LINER.

THAT'S the only problem- his defense is NOT deteriorating (really? 09/10 Boyle was a completely useless waste of space, this Boyle is decent defensively and is a good PKer) Put him where he should be.

He's starting to become this seasons whipping boy because he had a fluke year last year.

Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richie-Cally
Hags-Arty-Feds
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Bam, no more relying on Boyle to score 20 goals again.
could not agree any more. maybe dangle him out as trade bait to a rebuilding team for the right guy.

let me also say boyle has been playing great hockey for the last few games-- leading up to and after the winter classic he has been a strong player. before that he was just garbage and it dumbfounded me how many minutes he was getting per game.

*he still should NOT be seeing the amount of minutes torts sometimes lets him play. in some circumtances, his ice time should be cut in half. i hope to see him either as a 4th line mainstay (if he can continue THIS level of play) or traded/waived.

Last edited by Ice Hockey: 01-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

He had a good game tonight.

That being said, I thought Prust was better than him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He had a good game tonight.

That being said, I thought Prust was better than him.
I think Prust helps him.........did they not score a ton together last yr?

some posters on here have to realize Torts really likes the guy ,he's the 3rd line checking C he uses all the time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

seeing eye goal, really lucky. the one that hit the crossbar was actually more impressive, never seen him rip a shot with that kinda velocity, i can see why he was tried as a defenseman. he played a good 4th line game. as he usually does.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:23 AM
MSG the place to be*

Absolutely unfathomable that even Drury had more supporters than Boyle does.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
seeing eye goal, really lucky. the one that hit the crossbar was actually more impressive, never seen him rip a shot with that kinda velocity, i can see why he was tried as a defenseman. he played a good 4th line game. as he usually does.
that one deflected off Lupul's skate and shot up like a cannon...

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
that one deflected off Lupul's skate and shot up like a cannon...
ah...i had the toronto feed, didnt see that replay. then again i was fastforwarding through any non play going on. it was late, i was sleepy ;-)

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
haveandare

He did a great job against Kessel and Lupul last night.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Absolutely unfathomable that even Drury had more supporters than Boyle does.
Absolutely ****ing crazy. Boyle is a bottom 6 guy that helps win games. Period. The HNIC guys last night pointed out what I hear almost every game from the other teams' broadcasters: players like Boyle are very hard to play against and make the Rangers a frustrating team to play. I know that the fantasy league cheerleaders want every player on the team to be a min 20 goal scorer but reality is a bit different. Boyle is an outstanding bottom line player and is one of the reasons we are as good defensively.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
We shoulda traded this guy over the summer when his value was up, oh well.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Absolutely ****ing crazy. Boyle is a bottom 6 guy that helps win games. Period. The HNIC guys last night pointed out what I hear almost every game from the other teams' broadcasters: players like Boyle are very hard to play against and make the Rangers a frustrating team to play. I know that the fantasy league cheerleaders want every player on the team to be a min 20 goal scorer but reality is a bit different. Boyle is an outstanding bottom line player and is one of the reasons we are as good defensively.
Yes it's Brian Boyle not the system we play of the fact that our goalie is the best in the NHL. Boyle is a huge man that plays small, why do you feel he is so hard to play against?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:34 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Realistic fans don't want 20 goals from Boyle and the rest of our grinders. We want bottom six minutes and the same accountibility that everyone else has to deal with. And the good majority of people who have posted in here like Boyle. They don't like seeing him get top six minutes. These "cheerleaders" don't want to see him getting so much icetime when he's been struggling offensively in a tight, close game. Last year when he was scoring there was no problem with the icetime, this year it's different. A guy with 3 goals through half the year can't be getting top icetime for your forwards, no matter how good defensively you are.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Realistic fans don't want 20 goals from Boyle and the rest of our grinders. We want bottom six minutes and the same accountibility that everyone else has to deal with. And the good majority of people who have posted in here like Boyle. They don't like seeing him get top six minutes. These "cheerleaders" don't want to see him getting so much icetime when he's been struggling offensively in a tight, close game. Last year when he was scoring there was no problem with the icetime, this year it's different. A guy with 3 goals through half the year can't be getting top icetime for your forwards, no matter how good defensively you are.
exactly. the predicament isn't brian boyle, its his ice time.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
It's a Brian Boyle thread. It was created for a reason.
Yes...it was created because even when we are in first place some people on this board have to find SOMETHING to ***** and moan about.

I seriously wonder if Red Wings fans find stupid elementary things to complain about no matter what...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote