HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2012, 06:25 PM
  #851
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Awesome game between NYR and Habs

Habs destroying NYR. That size is really showing.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-15-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Kaktus* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:00 PM
  #852
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Frank Seravalli just tweeted about the amnesty clause in the new CBA. I have been thinking about this for some time now and who would we amnesty?

Pronger or Bryz.

https://twitter.com/#!/DNFlyers/stat...85127492468737

Quote:
Is it wrong to peg chances of amnesty clause in next CBA at 85 percent? Every team can find one. Players still get paid and become FA.
At this pace I would rather Amnesty Bryz, but that can quickly change if he plays extremely well. Also don't know if the Flyers would want to pay his remaining salary for the next 8 years without getting his services.

Pronger they can LTIR and have him come in for his physical every training camp.

Maybe this would be an interesting thread if there was a lot of interest in the subject?

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
  #853
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Nashville spanked the NYI in the first period, up 3-0 so far.

mirimon is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:38 PM
  #854
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Has to be Pronger. There is no LTIR during the offseason, and so Pronger will kill our 10% cushion to sign players for the next 5 years if it's not him.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
  #855
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Has to be Pronger. There is no LTIR during the offseason, and so Pronger will kill our 10% cushion to sign players for the next 5 years if it's not him.
Also could add briere and his cap hit... It just think it would be interesting to see what people think about it. I think I would still do Bryz just cuz I really think BOB can be a number 1 in this league. still so young and potential is all there.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
  #856
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Also could add briere and his cap hit... It just think it would be interesting to see what people think about it. I think I would still do Bryz just cuz I really think BOB can be a number 1 in this league. still so young and potential is all there.
Why would you buyout Briere? That makes no sense at all ... he's been one of the top Flyers in the last couple of postseasons.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
  #857
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Why would you buyout Briere? That makes no sense at all ... he's been one of the top Flyers in the last couple of postseasons.
I'm not necessarily saying I would do it was just throwing names out there. I like Briere but agree his cap hit is somewhat to high, but he earns it in the postseason and should remain a flyer until his contract is up. I was just trying to throw names of players out there that will be at least considered for the compliance buyout due to age/contract/injuries ya know

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
  #858
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Well, Homer has the cap understanding of a gnat, so it probably will be a decision, but the offseason cap problems that Pronger causes makes him almost a no-brainer buyout if he's not good to go for next season. If he wants to come back, the Flyers could always sign him for 2013-2014 to a one year deal.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
  #859
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Other issue is Danny has a NMC, so you can't buy him out without him agreeing to it.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
  #860
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Other issue is Danny has a NMC, so you can't buy him out without him agreeing to it.
Would that matter with the compliance buyout rule?? Was that a problem in 2005.. I don't remember that being an issue but my memory can serve me wrong(usually does)

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
  #861
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Would that matter with the compliance buyout rule?? Was that a problem in 2005.. I don't remember that being an issue but my memory can serve me wrong(usually does)
Was their NMC clauses pre-lockout? I don't think you could block waivers before.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
  #862
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Was their NMC clauses pre-lockout? I don't think you could block waivers before.
lol I don't even remember, I'll look it up and get back to ya on that one. I would think every player is eligible to be bought out though with the new CBA.

They had to have NTC's before I would think... God 2005 was such a freaking long time ago lol

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
  #863
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
NTC's existed, but they don't block buyouts. Only NMC.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
  #864
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
NTC's existed, but they don't block buyouts. Only NMC.
Yea I know, I'm having trouble finding the information.. Might be awhile have to go through the PDF form to see if there is anything about players now allowed to have NMC's

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
  #865
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,937
vCash: 500
Has anyone noticed that CSN doesn't play the late 10-10:30 sharks games anymore? I used to always watch the late games after I get home from my studio, and I'd look forward to it.

I am disappoint.

orange is better is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
  #866
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
you'd have to amnesty Pronger (unless the 35+ rule changes)

thelos is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  #867
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
you'd have to amnesty Pronger (unless the 35+ rule changes)
What if Pronger can actually make it back to the game? He is actually appearing at the Flyers wives fashion show or something on Wednesday this week. It's good to hear because ever since the concussion he has had that one statement and nothing else. Not saying this means he's back or anything or even close just stating its good to see him still in the community.

It's a tough decision to make I think. I would rather LTIR Pronger because the 4.9 won't necessarily kill us(it would hurt, but can be worked around) but if Bryz doesn't turn his game around that contract could absoultly kill us now and in the future when we need a new #1.

Also on another note Miller pulled on 5 goals on 14 shots. Buffalo is spiraling out of control right now

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:38 PM
  #868
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
What if Pronger can actually make it back to the game? He is actually appearing at the Flyers wives fashion show or something on Wednesday this week. It's good to hear because ever since the concussion he has had that one statement and nothing else. Not saying this means he's back or anything or even close just stating its good to see him still in the community.

It's a tough decision to make I think. I would rather LTIR Pronger because the 4.9 won't necessarily kill us(it would hurt, but can be worked around) but if Bryz doesn't turn his game around that contract could absoultly kill us now and in the future when we need a new #1.

Also on another note Miller pulled on 5 goals on 14 shots. Buffalo is spiraling out of control right now
Bryz can be buried in the minors. Pronger can't.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
  #869
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Bryz can be buried in the minors. Pronger can't.
Bryz has a NMC per capgeek

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:42 PM
  #870
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Bryz has a NMC per capgeek
Oh, thought it was NTC. Damn you Homer.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:44 PM
  #871
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
What if Pronger can actually make it back to the game? He is actually appearing at the Flyers wives fashion show or something on Wednesday this week. It's good to hear because ever since the concussion he has had that one statement and nothing else. Not saying this means he's back or anything or even close just stating its good to see him still in the community.

It's a tough decision to make I think. I would rather LTIR Pronger because the 4.9 won't necessarily kill us(it would hurt, but can be worked around) but if Bryz doesn't turn his game around that contract could absoultly kill us now and in the future when we need a new #1.

Also on another note Miller pulled on 5 goals on 14 shots. Buffalo is spiraling out of control right now
They gave his locker/stall to Harry Z. Not a good sign

thelos is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:45 PM
  #872
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Oh, thought it was NTC. Damn you Homer.
Yea it's a tough decision.. I think I might start a seperate thread to see how anyone else feels.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
  #873
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yea it's a tough decision.. I think I might start a seperate thread to see how anyone else feels.
Yeah.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
  #874
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Has anyone noticed that CSN doesn't play the late 10-10:30 sharks games anymore? I used to always watch the late games after I get home from my studio, and I'd look forward to it.

I am disappoint.
This. I miss it a bit. I used to enjoy watching Sharks games with their announcers.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
  #875
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,899
vCash: 500
I haven't seen a lot of Buffalo games, but Miller has seemed pretty "meh" this season from what I've watched. He seems to have been really inconsistent since the Olympics.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.