HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders (But the sun is shining)

Old
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Sarcasm isn't well received on this forum, is it?
well, its not that it doesnt go over well, its just that sometimes its so subtle it goes unnoticed without adding a

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Solid win. Let's get another one

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Great time at Nassau

Went to the game with my daughter (Ally from Brentwood for the old school post-game show listeners). We're on a NY roadtrip as a combo Xmas present for Ally and visit to my mom's in Greenwich CT. Doing both games. Nice win, but we were freaked about Suts. Was fortunate enough to get locker room pass from Trotzy and met him after the game.
Suts "tweaked" an upper body injury he had before the game. Won't play tomorrow.
Lindy will be in goal. Barry is hoping team will rally behind Lindy, especially with Suts out. Should be interesting.
Nassau Coliseum is a real hole. Saw my first NHL game there in the 70's. Hasn't changed much. Almost know suites. No locker room access from the benches. Drafty and small. They need a new one but county won't spend the money.
Their game presentation is minor league. Felt like I was at a Nashville Knights game. Peeps are friendly cuz they know their team blows. Kinda sad.
Onto to MSG. Gonna be a tough one.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:41 PM
wadesworld

Wow..sending Lindy in cold against the Rangers? Not sure how smart that is.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:48 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
Lindy will be in goal. Barry is hoping team will rally behind Lindy, especially with Suts out. Should be interesting.
Gads. I hope they rally in front of him instead.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Wow..sending Lindy in cold against the Rangers? Not sure how smart that is.
According to Daily faceoff Rinne is getting the start.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/startin...ies/2012/1/17/

"How can I not go with Peks?"

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
According to Daily faceoff Rinne is getting the start.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/startin...ies/2012/1/17/

"How can I not go with Peks?"
They also had Lindback with the start today until less than an hour before game time.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:23 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
They also had Lindback with the start today until less than an hour before game time.
He was ''probable''.

https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...30263849033728

Quote:
Trotz maybe thought about going to Lindback tomorrow to complete back-to-back, but now? "How can I not go with Peks?" Rinne had 36 saves.

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Nassau and Madison Square Garden are two of the more depressing arenas to watch games in. At least on TV. Reminds me a lot of Copps in Hamilton, the lighting looks horrible and just makes it dull.
MSG to me is better because the concourses are better and it's so easy to get to. Nassau Coliseum is only good for the sightlines which are incredible.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:37 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

you gotta wonder if Lindback might have a touch of the flu or something. Almost sounds like he's questionable.

That or Trotz found out the Isles were playing their backup, and played Rinne today thinking it would be a guaranteed two points, and then he will just take his chances tomorrow.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
SK again!!!!

2012 the end is coming for sure...
Sergei Kostitsyn now has 6 goals on 8 shots in the calendar year 2012...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
My favorite Hendrix song will happen tomorrow night, when lundqvist makes that first save on him... if 6 were 9

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
SK had an ice cold start last season as well, then was red hot for most of the second half of the season. I told everyone to be patient amidst their bashing. All of a sudden he's third on the team in goals

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
SK had an ice cold start last season as well, then was red hot for most of the second half of the season. I told everyone to be patient amidst their bashing. All of a sudden he's third on the team in goals
He is soft, so all those injuries throwing him of the game. Was the case last year, seems this year too

And he had like 3 minor injuries in 3 weeks...

He did not start the season that bad, but then...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:24 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Nassau and Madison Square Garden are two of the more depressing arenas to watch games in. At least on TV. Reminds me a lot of Copps in Hamilton, the lighting looks horrible and just makes it dull.
Their arena is...not sure how to say it without being insulting to them, but it is old school. Tiny, pixellated Jumbotron (I'm not sure if it can actually be called a Jumbotron), terrible sound quality, weird lighting like a high school gym, lower bowl seats that roll out creakily also like a high school gym, no entrance to the locker room from the bench for the players...they have to go through this ghetto tunnel between sections...it's sad! The Isles players just kinda come out from some random door in the boards, with two dinky "fog machines", no dragon head or whatever to skate through. I don't even think there are spotlights in there on the players...just a disco ball. Night and day from our arena. I feel bad for their players and fans, how are they ever gonna make money with that kind of game presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
also, wut was up with the whistling through the telecast. was driving me nuts.
Pretty sure there was some kind of speaker problem and the Game Ops people just couldn't/didn't fix it. It was way annoying in person as well. I didn't have much faith in the Game Ops people, since the only one I saw was this disheveled lady in a T-shirt running behind the mascot with a clipboard full of messy papers. WTF? I don't think I ever notice Preds Game Ops people because they're well-dressed and well-hidden!

I saw Craig Smith in warmups and after the game...looked fine to me. He must not have the flu anymore because I thought there was some new policy of not letting players with the flu hang out around the rest of the team.

Lindy looked fine after the game as well.

Saw Poile too. Tried to stare at him really hard and find out via telepathy what's going to happen with Suter and/or Webs. Unsuccessful.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:00 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Their arena is...not sure how to say it without being insulting to them, but it is old school. Tiny, pixellated Jumbotron (I'm not sure if it can actually be called a Jumbotron), terrible sound quality, weird lighting like a high school gym, lower bowl seats that roll out creakily also like a high school gym, no entrance to the locker room from the bench for the players...they have to go through this ghetto tunnel between sections...it's sad! The Isles players just kinda come out from some random door in the boards, with two dinky "fog machines", no dragon head or whatever to skate through. I don't even think there are spotlights in there on the players...just a disco ball. Night and day from our arena. I feel bad for their players and fans, how are they ever gonna make money with that kind of game presentation?

Pretty sure there was some kind of speaker problem and the Game Ops people just couldn't/didn't fix it. It was way annoying in person as well. I didn't have much faith in the Game Ops people, since the only one I saw was this disheveled lady in a T-shirt running behind the mascot with a clipboard full of messy papers. WTF? I don't think I ever notice Preds Game Ops people because they're well-dressed and well-hidden!

I saw Craig Smith in warmups and after the game...looked fine to me. He must not have the flu anymore because I thought there was some new policy of not letting players with the flu hang out around the rest of the team.

Lindy looked fine after the game as well.

Saw Poile too. Tried to stare at him really hard and find out via telepathy what's going to happen with Suter and/or Webs. Unsuccessful.
too bad the telepathy didn't work. I assume he has a strong shield to not hear all the things we think when we see him!!

Was in that arena a couple of years ago. I thought the people were great to talk with and the sight lines were great. Yes, it's old, but it's not anywhere as bad as Detroit..... Detroit was rude,mean people and dark cavern of a building.
MSG was interesting.... so much history.... but again old, small seats, etc.....security wouldn't let people get close to the benches ( there was an aisle that separated the "glass" from the seats that they patrolled) people were nice to us, but very vocal about the rangers,

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:07 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
ha! Last home game, we passed Poile as we were walking during the 2nd intermission and I shouted "sign Suter". I'm sure he heard but there was no reaction. :-/

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

When I was at the Calgary game I passed Poile. He looked frustrated.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
When I was at the Calgary game I passed Poile. He looked frustrated.
I rarely see Poile happy and I am usually pretty close to his seat.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote