HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is a re-tool to you anyway? [In defense of the Goat]

Old
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
I haven't given up on this season. I predict that when Markov returns the Habs will be a lot closer to eighth than they are now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they close the gap.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:27 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
At this point yeah it's wash. You would call it something else? You realize O'byrne is already in the NHL. Could turn out a win, but as of now, Bournival is no sure thing.

WJHC oh noes.
A Prospect?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, what YOUR post tells me is that you have absolutely no idea what I do for a living or what I have done for a living in the past.

But I agree with the last sentence of your post. Nothing is that simple. But at the end of the day, a GM's success or failure is completely based upon his team's performance.......excuses be damned.

Excuses are for the weak and the incompetent.
And its pretty weird that, after this, there is nt 29 GM changes per year, excuses are for the weak

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:15 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
And its pretty weird that, after this, there is nt 29 GM changes per year, excuses are for the weak
As has been said on these boards before, there are no absolutes.

Trends. Sports is all about trends. Are you trending up or are you trending down. After 2 1/2 years of Gauthier, the Habs are trending down. Hamilton is bare and the prospects who will be coming to Hamilton will need a couple of years in the AHL. Potentially two more years of negative trending.

Give me a proactive leader, not a reactive leader. That is how you reverse trends. You must stay ahead of the curve.

Nice try though. But honestly, I dont give a damn about the other 29 GMs in the League.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Trends. Sports is all about trends. Are you trending up or are you trending down. After 2 1/2 years of Gauthier, the Habs are trending down. Hamilton is bare and the prospects who will be coming to Hamilton will need a couple of years in the AHL. Potentially two more years of negative trending.

Give me a proactive leader, not a reactive leader. That is how you reverse trends. You must stay ahead of the curve.

Nice try though. But honestly, I dont give a damn about the other 29 GMs in the League.
You should, would give you an understanding of how things works.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:22 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
You should, would give you an understanding of how things works.

I am sitting here trying to think of a response to your left field one-liner. I am drawing a blank since your response really has nothing to do with nothing.

So I give you nothing.

Old
01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I am sitting here trying to think of a response to your left field one-liner. I am drawing a blank since your response really has nothing to do with nothing.

So I give you nothing.
I give you both half of nothing

Play nice guys. All friends here.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:43 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I give you both half of nothing

Why didnt I think of that?

Old
01-17-2012, 06:11 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
A Prospect?
Well, if neither team has an advantage it's a wash, all a wash means is a tie. I'm actually giving some leeway to PG because Bournival is a prospect, but O'Byrne is in the NHL. There's a good chance Bournival will never be and if he is, it will be Kyle Chipchura type of role, so a wash is being generous, we're losing as of now.

Would you say the habs have the advantage with a player who may or may not make the NHL? If not, then what is your problem and why are you playing the semantic game?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:16 AM
habsjunkie2*

Besides were not allowed to retool, the league won't allow us to. They rely on us for their revenue. The refs will help the Caps get by us in the playoffs because it's a big conspiracy, but now they rely on a different conspiracy, don't you all see this?

What a toolbox

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

The part you seem to be missing in your obsession with crapping on Gauthier is that the major reasons for the downward trend the last 2 years are guys Gainey brought in before Gauthier was GM. Gomez has been crap the last 2 years taking up neatly 15 mil of cap room, Cammalleri underachieved last year and really went in the tank this year. Gionta has been hurt for extended periods this year.

The guys Gauthier brought in by and large are doing their jobs...Cole Price(chose him over Halak) Eller Wisniewski Desharnais(promoted him) Diaz Emelin.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I haven't given up on this season. I predict that when Markov returns the Habs will be a lot closer to eighth than they are now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they close the gap.
Rise Together.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Well, if neither team has an advantage it's a wash, all a wash means is a tie. I'm actually giving some leeway to PG because Bournival is a prospect, but O'Byrne is in the NHL. There's a good chance Bournival will never be and if he is, it will be Kyle Chipchura type of role, so a wash is being generous, we're losing as of now.

Would you say the habs have the advantage with a player who may or may not make the NHL? If not, then what is your problem and why are you playing the semantic game?
Chipchura is a 4th liner and a fringe one at that. Bournival has a chance to be an Oshie type player, guy who works his bag off every shift and contributes at both ends of the ice, guys like that are valuable, moreso than what O'byrne brings.

Your "NHLer is worth more than a prospect" logic is out in left field. If we trade Beaulieu to Toronto for Mike Brown it's a huge loss despite the fact taht we get an NHler for a guy who may never make the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Forsead

I want to see a team like this next season :

Bourque-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moss/Penner/Ruutu/Stoll/Jones-Eller-Gionta
McLeod/Prust/Thornton/Kostopoulos-Nokelainen-Moen
White Leblanc

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Allen
Diaz-Weber

Price
Budaj

So resign the RFAs in Diaz, Emelin, Eller, White, Nokelainen, Subban and Price. Then resing UFAs like Kostitsyn and Moen. Probably a choice between Weber and Diaz has to be made that has to be seen. On the UFA market get a big second/third line winger that can be usefull in the top 9 like Moss/Penner/Ruutu/Stoll/Jones. Then get a physical fourth liner that can play hockey, the pk, be physical and even can fight in guys like McLeod/Prust/Thornton/Kostopoulos. To replace Gill on the PK and bring a Dman with size that is playing a more physical brand of hockey and play a bigger I think Allen could be that guy.

That's a nice mix of skill, size and grit. That team could be ready to go to war.

Last edited by Forsead: 01-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:17 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I want to see a team like this next season :

Bourque-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moss/Penner/Ruutu/Stoll/Jones-Eller-Gionta
McLeod/Prust/Thornton/Kostopoulos-Nokelainen-Moen
White Leblanc

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Allen
Diaz-Weber

Price
Budaj

So resign the RFAs in Diaz, Emelin, Eller, White, Nokelainen, Subban and Price. Then resing UFAs like Kostitsyn and Moen. Probably a choice between Weber and Diaz has to be made that has to be seen. On the UFA market get a big second/third line winger that can be usefull in the top 9 like Moss/Penner/Ruutu/Stoll/Jones. Then get a physical fourth liner that can play hockey, the pk, be physical and even can fight in guys like McLeod/Prust/Thornton/Kostopoulos. To replace Gill on the PK and bring a Dman with size that is playing a more physical brand of hockey and play a bigger I think Allen could be that guy.

That's a nice mix of skill, size and grit. That team could be ready to go to war.

We would have the money to offer Ruutu up to 4.5M, I'd get Tim Gleason maybe over Allen, but who you get I'd pair them with Subban.

I'd go with as the top 9, thats really 3, "2nd lines"

Bourque-Plek-Gio
Patches-DD-Cole
Ruutu-Eller-Akost

And on D, i'd put go with, to balance it into 3 "2nd pairings" also

Markov-Emelin
Allen/Gleason-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges

With a lineup like that, if we stay healthy, I think that is a contending team no doubt.

I love the idea with Ruutu because he can play centre, so in-case in the playoffs, you don't like DD playing Centre, you can switch him with Ruutu (even though there is no reason to doubt DD).

habs03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Don't forget we have to give Subban and Price contracts. Then next year, we have to give Pacioretty and DD a contract. You have to take that into consideration,

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Don't forget we have to give Subban and Price contracts. Then next year, we have to give Pacioretty and DD a contract. You have to take that into consideration,

All worked out

Now lets fax this to PG, and we'll get Cole to call up Ruutu and Gleason to let them know of our plans and not to resign with the Canes.

APGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Tuomo Ruutu ($4.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($4.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / XXXXX / Ryan White ($0.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.000m)
Tim Gleason ($3.500m) / P.K. Subban ($3.500m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($5.500m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,883,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,416,667

habs03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:21 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

My problem? i have no idea where you stand. I take "a wash" pejoratively, something you "wash away" but maybe i don't have the proper term. Nonetheless, are we losing? are we tied? are we at an advantage?
none of the above, it's what's called an unknown, to me at least, though curious to know where you stand.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote