HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Please !!! Sticky...

Old
01-16-2012, 10:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Don't think we can sticky this just yet, but if it really picks up in here then we can probably do it. don't be spammin' tho.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
01-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Don't think we can sticky this just yet, but if it really picks up in here then we can probably do it. don't be spammin' tho.
Thank you <3 I'll be harassing you again when traffic pick up in the thread

Nice little article over on TSN about Ching, the opening of training camp and some of the veterans fighting for a contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=385218

Old
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
deandebean

Still haven't signed any franchise player?

Old
01-16-2012, 11:01 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Ching is talking like he's not really part of the team. He's just there to not retire. I just hope he stays professional about it. IMO, the Impact should just give him the permission to go to the stadium opening in Houston. I know he wish he could play but it's better than nothing.

As for the rest, I can't wait to see which NASL player from last year will make the team. Gatti was the clear leader for me last year. Maybe Eddy can once again surprise everyone.

Is there a reserve team or something so we could keep Agourram and Ilcu?

Old
01-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Universe
Patiently waiting.

Read that article on Ching and how is he even still apart of this organization? Is it policy for Montreal to have a controversy because that is one of the worst attitudes I've seen in sports....and we are going to be promoting Montreal to the North American world of soccer?

Old
01-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Woland

Quote:
With all due respect , if the Als can have a sticky thread on which the last post dates back to Jan 8th, the the Impact deserves one as well.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:32 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
With all due respect , if the Als can have a sticky thread on which the last post dates back to Jan 8th, the the Impact deserves one as well.
You should refresh your browser

Old
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/333454.html

RDS fail picture lol.... they really got no clue of what soccer is..

Old
01-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
You should sticky and get rid of the Als thread. Soccer starts in March and the Als only start later

Old
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
You should refresh your browser

Old
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
BoNeS42

As a casual fe-fan like me, is it still possible to get tickets for a decent price?

Old
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Of course it is. Cheapest season ticket is 250$.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
As a casual fe-fan like me, is it still possible to get tickets for a decent price?
That's less than 14$ per game ....come support the team with us in 132. Most games will be in the evening this summer and the atmosphere will be electric in the stadium! A month before x-mas I was told that section 132 had more than doubled season tickets compared to last year. Sure they have not reached the goal yet , but I feel that the closer we get to March 10th, the more people will want to buy season tickets.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
jamz

Cissé : «La MLS dans le futur»

Old
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

At one point, Ching's "attitude" seems like Ching's clan new strategy and frankly, for him, it might actually work. Fans are all over this already. Pressure will be put on the Impact to send this guy away since he doesn't want to be here. And if the Impact is intelligent, they should avoid this controversy to start their season. So the first option didn't want, now Ching goes with option 2....

Old
01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Would be a nice addition for sure. I remember when Cissé first came out. He's not too old either.

Quotes about the Supplemental Draft (I guess it's more like the mid to later rounds in the NHL draft):

Quote:
Evan James selected as first pick of MLS Supplemental Draft by the Impact #IMFC #MLS
Quote:
Aaron Schoenfeld selected as first pick of the second round by the Impact #IMFC #MLS
Quote:
Impact selects Steven Miller as the first pick of the third round (39th overall) #IMFC #MLS
Quote:
The Impact selects Carl Haworth as the first pick of the 4th round (58th overall) #IMFC #MLS

Last edited by DekeLikeYouMeanIt: 01-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Étienne Barbara not coming here after all, his rights were traded to Vancouver...

Quote:
MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced on Tuesday the acquisition of defender Gienir Garcia from the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in return for the negotiating rights to forward Étienne Barbara.
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...rcia-whitecaps

Old
01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
That's less than 14$ per game ....come support the team with us in 132. Most games will be in the evening this summer and the atmosphere will be electric in the stadium! A month before x-mas I was told that section 132 had more than doubled season tickets compared to last year. Sure they have not reached the goal yet , but I feel that the closer we get to March 10th, the more people will want to buy season tickets.
What is the view regarding new supporters in 132? Are they generally receptive to new fans?

Old
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
What is the view regarding new supporters in 132? Are they generally receptive to new fans?
It's the Ultras section, they're certainly very receptive to new fans especially when they get involved in the tifos(or "choregraphy" if you'd rather) ie: Stand up and chant all game long. Best ambiance in the stadium by far will be in 132, the section live and die with the team.

And contrary to the european Ultras, you don't see racist or violent stupid **** happening, they're "within the rules" while doing it. Pretty sure we have a few ultras posting here, and while I more or less consider myself an ultra, I have my season ticket in 132 as well. Never had trouble with anybody out of 10+ games in the section.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
It's a well know fact among the UM02 that 2012 will bring many new fans. The group is open to individuals but also supports.

There are however certain things that go against the ultras ideology and which people have a hard time grasping. For example, keep thunder sticks away. Your voice and hands clapping are much more powerful. Also, coloured makeup at games is for clowns, not soccer fans. Also, if you come in the supporters section , you have to expect to have a flag in your face at one point or the other.

Having said that, you will find no better atmosphere in the stadium. We have people rangin from 16 to 50+, Guys and girls alike.

Last edited by Woland: 01-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
It's the Ultras section, they're certainly very receptive to new fans especially when they get involved in the tifos(or "choregraphy" if you'd rather) ie: Stand up and chant all game long. Best ambiance in the stadium by far will be in 132, the section live and die with the team.

And contrary to the european Ultras, you don't see racist or violent stupid **** happening, they're "within the rules" while doing it. Pretty sure we have a few ultras posting here, and while I more or less consider myself an ultra, I have my season ticket in 132 as well. Never had trouble with anybody out of 10+ games in the section.
UM02 are apolitical but tolerate no racism at all. The group has a nice mix of English and French Quebecois, Italians, Portuguese, Moroccans, Swiss, Belgian, Chileans etc etc. All get along just fine. In fact, I would say that's what makes it such a nice group. It truly reflects Montreal's cosmopolitan nature

Old
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Supplemental Draft "Grades":
Quote:
MONTREAL IMPACT: #1 MF Evan James (Charlotte), #20 DF/FW Aron Schoenfeld (East Tennessee State), #39 FW Steven Miller (Colgate), #58 FW Carl Haworth (Niagara)

Not a bad haul for Marsch, who landed two Canadian attackers, including James, a former Canadian national teamer and a standout at the Combine. Miller is said to be a smart forward and good finisher, while Schoenfeld is a hard worker, who scouts consider strong in the air and one of the underrated players in college soccer – a Sasha Victorine type. RATING: 6.5
Why would they do it this early? This is stupid tbh, but note the bolded. Thoughts?

Old
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Felix Perreault

Is it possible that Mircea Ilcu or Reda Agourram makes the team ? Not as starter but can they be subs ?

Old
01-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
Is it possible that Mircea Ilcu or Reda Agourram makes the team ? Not as starter but can they be subs ?
Ilcu yes. But this is the last chance for Reda IMO

Closed Thread