HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri - and News Articles and Discussions

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Tracey19

vCash: 500
Cant stand Kadri wish we would have drafted Kassian instead.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey19 View Post
I totally agree i do not like his stype of play , floating and making stupid passes and thinking he is the **** out there.. Kassian is more of the player we need right now a big bodied winger not a small kid sized dangler

Old
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
I totally agree i do not like his stype of play , floating and making stupid passes and thinking he is the **** out there.. Kassian is more of the player we need right now a big bodied winger not a small kid sized dangler
i think at the time burke was hoping kadri would be able to be developed into a center. it appears more everyday that if kadri will make it in the nhl it will be as a winger. i think had burke been looking for a winger he might have gone a different route then kadri (ie kassian).

i guess there is something to be said for taking the best available player.

i do think it is still early in kadris development. he does make bone head plays but i think he has the ability to put it together. he obviously needs to get stronger on the puck so he doesnt get bounced off and needs to make better decisions with the puck but i dont think he is as awful as you guys are suggesting.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:41 AM
D3ADLY

Kadri was the right pick at that draft he just isn't used properly. The guy is still playing on the 3rd line he needs to be inserted in the top 6 especially where Crabb is. The kid makes excellent plays too bad its not to top 6 guys other wise the discussion would be something else.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:42 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
Kadri was the right pick at that draft he just isn't used properly. The guy is still playing on the 3rd line he needs to be inserted in the top 6 especially where Crabb is. The kid makes excellent plays too bad its not to top 6 guys other wise the discussion would be something else.
I'm pretty sure he saw ES time with Grabo and Kulemin last game.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:44 AM
SprDaVE

Patience is required with Kadri.

Boat load of talent, just needs to get more experience.

He looked fantastic in his first 5-6 games but certainly has cooled down quite a bit lately.

To be fair to Kadri however, he's playing with Lombardi who's been playing like total crap. I respect his injury comeback, but he's been absolutely brutal. I really hope they bench him soon.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:44 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

You can thank Lombardi for ****ing that line up.

Put Connolly back on and everyone will be singing Kadri's praises again. It's not his fault that his centerman is a useless piece of garbage that can't finish anything. Kadri - MacArthur are both looking like **** because of Lombardi. The amount of chances that Mac and Kadri have gift wrapped for that man is asinine. The problem is that by the half way point of the last two games, you could tell they just gave up on Lombardi so started to try to do things themselves which is equally as ineffective.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Tracey19

Kadri has skill and is a talented player but he does make too many turnovers trying to force the play even when its not needed. I dont see hom as a top 6 guy right now so i dont think he should get top 6 min. To me ive just never liked the guy even in junior. He just gets on my nerves for some reason. I just feel like Kassian would be a better fit on this team.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Kadri has skill and is a talented player but he does make too many turnovers trying to force the play even when its not needed. I dont see hom as a top 6 guy right now so i dont think he should get top 6 min. To me ive just never liked the guy even in junior. He just gets on my nerves for some reason. I just feel like Kassian would be a better fit on this team.
Good for you, unfortunately the GM job for the Leafs has already been taken.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:26 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
No.

He'll be a top-6 guy, and you can quote me on this.

Half of it had to do with the fact that we had NOT ONE legit C prospect in our system at the time. We had Bozak and Grabo, Bozak whom was still fresh off signing out of the NCAA, and Grabo who all of us thought nothing of.

It was a good pick, whether he's a future C or W.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Beleafer4

Kadri has what it takes to be an impact player. I dont know why people rage about his bonehead plays, because as far as I can recall, nothing he did has ever directly resulted in a GA this year. In fact, he is probably the best forwards in the breakout and neutral zone. If he loses it in their zone, so be it. Its a learning curve, something many posters on these boards cant understand.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Lombardi has got to go. He's bringing Kadri and whoever else plays on his line down. No hands, no finish, no chemistry, nothing but speed. I'm sick of Lombardi.

Old
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Doshy

Lol, Kadri was everyone's favourite player in his first 5 games this season.

Old
01-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Nitrock

I think they should try him at center, i know he has sucked defensively but look at giroux it's not like he is a force in the defensive zone...

Old
01-16-2012, 11:08 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrock View Post
I think they should try him at center, i know he has sucked defensively but look at giroux it's not like he is a force in the defensive zone...
They used him a couple of times last game, I noticed. He currently sits at 3 wins and 10 losses. It's definitely something they need him to work on before that ever occurs.

Old
01-16-2012, 11:16 PM
The Beyonder

I don't get the Kadri hate from some posters here. Yea the kid makes mistakes but he's improving. WTF do people want? The kid was a project from the get go, let's let him develop instead of scrutinizing him at everything he does wrong and running him out of town.

Old
01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

i did say keep him down

Old
01-16-2012, 11:41 PM
goguls

This is why we don't deserve nice things.
Some of you...

Old
01-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I can't believe you guys want Kassian, that guy is probably one of the most annoying prospects I have ever seen. He gives me bad ass vibes like cooke does.

01-17-2012, 12:19 AM
BertCorbeau
Yelling at clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Lombardi has got to go. He's bringing Kadri and whoever else plays on his line down. No hands, no finish, no chemistry, nothing but speed. I'm sick of Lombardi.
I feel bad for Lombo, he's coming off a brutal injury and gets hurt again this season.. I think he needs a full season and offseason of training under his belt to get back into it. Then he'd be more effective. Problem is he doesn't really fit with the Leafs. He's speedy yes, but he's another small forward with average skills in which the Leafs have a handful already. He'd be good on a team with some size that needs some speed in their line-up to alter the dynamic slightly.

Wonder what his trade value is like right now, he was regarding as a lower tier number 2 solid number 3 centre before last season

Old
01-17-2012, 12:24 AM
leafers

Funny thing is if we drafted Kassian instead of Kadri, the same fans who complain about Kadri would find something to complain about Kassian and say we should have drafted Kadri instead.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafers View Post
Funny thing is if we drafted Kassian instead of Kadri, the same fans who complain about Kadri would find something to complain about Kassian and say we should have drafted Kadri instead.
sad truth and boy is it annoying.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Alright, thread close to it's limit and it's outdated article.

If people want to discuss Kadri and further related topics, please move yourself to the stickied prospect thread.

Closed Thread