HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BELIEVE [Positive Thread Only]

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
I'm back in the bandwagon if we win the next 4 games, nothing less.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
its times like this where u can separate the REAL fans from the poseurs.people actuall wanna tank?lol.brutal.i got no time for quitters. i totally think the habs can make the playoffs.but we really need to string sum wins together cause we re almost too deep.but either way this team is real close to being a major threat.

That's exactly my thought as well.. We ARENT far off from being a major threat at all.

We have the goaltending... The defence as a group is above average. I'd like to add a RH stay at home physical defenceman (ahem... Obi ) but otherwise strong, with a plethora of solid prospects to choose from. Ranging from bluechip, to under the radar.

The forwards need work, but IMO they are improving. Size on the wings is getting to be really nice addition,

I'd love to see this team pick up an eric staal, keep eller and one of DD/Plekanec... IMO a move like that would put us over the top.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:49 AM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
I know the Habs are in deeeeeeep waters but this coming week is the most important week, they need to beat these teams like Toronto, Buffalo, Washington etc..

Here is some inspiration.

*Positive Talking Only
I was lucky enough to get a ticket given to me for that game because my friend was to sick to go. I remember the first half was the worst 40 min we had played that season, I was seriously considering leaving cause it was so "hopeless".
Instead I took a big breath and said to my self "I believe, Go Habs Go" and the first Habs goal went in right away.
I'll never forget it. That was the most noise and excitement I've ever felt from 21,000 ppls.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Old
01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I've never stopped and I never will until there is no hope. If we can enter the all-star break with a 4-5 point deficit, it'll be easy as cake.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM
NewHabsEra*

Those guys have a mountain to climb and as much as I would want to believe, I unfortunately dont think we have the what it takes to make a such come back.. 2 games ago the Sens were ready to lose and our guys choked once again.. Against the Rags the effort was much better but we were facing a team that just played a very emotive game the night before so I wouldnt put too much stock into this.. They still have ALOT to prove, you should have waited a bit before creating this thread.. I cant count with 1 hand the times a "I still believe" Thread has been started on this board.. We lose the next game and you will see a "tank" thread reapear.. We really are in deep **** at the moment, each loss is a desaster for the ones who still believe.. We would have to go on a 7-8 winning streak to reposition ourself decently..

Old
01-17-2012, 12:55 AM
OneSharpMarble

Win 10 in a row or lose 10 in a row, the worst outcome is the middle ground. We need Grigorenko or Galchenyuk (sp?).

Old
01-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I'm back in the bandwagon if we win the next 4 games, nothing less.
Same here, we must play for .500 by game 50. So 4-1 in our next 5. Few years ago, i think we were around the same position at this time of the season and we started winning and winning before failing in our last game vs the Laffs thanks to Begin.

Old
01-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Punkeater

This is the most crucial week of the whole season. 3 games against position: 7 - 8 - 9 in the standings. It's the point of no return!

THen, they only have one more game before All Star Break and its against Detroit...

5 - 2 Habs against Washington on Wednesday!!! BELIEVE! Bourque with a goal!

Old
01-17-2012, 01:13 AM
PATCHESx67

I Still Believe

we can draft Yakupov

Old
01-17-2012, 02:24 AM
dutchy29

IT could actually happen. I mean this team has shown some flashes of brilliance, I agree we have been playing below potential all year. Toronto, Buffalo or all in decline right now, and we face all these opponents soon. if we could patch a 3 or 4 game point streak together and get some momemtum going, it would give the guys a reason to play everynight. Maybe the recent trade will also inspire some to start working a bit harder as certain players might actually want to stay in Montreal.

Old
01-17-2012, 02:27 AM
oleHABSole*

thanks to huet

Old
01-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Marksman

I believe we can bump the Leafs to 9th spot.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
IT could actually happen. I mean this team has shown some flashes of brilliance, I agree we have been playing below potential all year. Toronto, Buffalo or all in decline right now, and we face all these opponents soon. if we could patch a 3 or 4 game point streak together and get some momemtum going, it would give the guys a reason to play everynight. Maybe the recent trade will also inspire some to start working a bit harder as certain players might actually want to stay in Montreal.
The team is starting to develop an identity with their forward group. Its a very simple game. Chip and chase with your big bodies, and throw everything at the net... look for loose change in the dirty areas.

The defense is where the concern is. Its missing a certain dimension. I said before that nobody really takes ownership of the area around Carey Price. Anyone can get in that area and there's really nobody imposing there to clear the bodies. Gill does it to an extent. Emelin is good at being physical in open ice and around the boards, but he hasnt really shown that mean streak around the net. The other D may try to clear the area but there's nothing really intimidating about them.

I'll cheer for the habs all the way, but I hope the priority for this club in the off season becomes to find a rugged dimension on D particularly when it comes to taking care of crease crashers. It would make price's job a helluva lot easier, and it eliminates some of the freebies that the habs have been giving up around the net. Campoli and Gill have expiring contracts and probably wont be back. Weber is in limbo, and the organization needs to make a decision on Diaz too. This means that the habs will certainly have the flexibility to try and find that dimension if they so choose, which is good news.

Contrary to what some may believe, I dont think the habs are in need of a massive blow out and rebuild. With a couple smart moves, they can get back to being competitive right away, and keep building from there.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-17-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old
01-17-2012, 03:39 AM
ReneBourque27*

I believe in the 1ST ROUND PICK !

Let's stay positive guys

Old
01-17-2012, 06:03 AM
habsjunkie2*

I'm not delusional, but I'll keep hoping for the best and cheering them until they can no longer make it mathematically, then I'll watch intently to see what PG or Molson does to reshape the roster.

Go Habs Go!!!!

Old
01-17-2012, 07:23 AM
hockeyjockey

I believe that out future will look brighter with a top 5 pick!

One of yakupov, grigorenko, forsberg, Murray should change the team in a positive way!!

Old
01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Lafleurs Guy

We can definitely still make the playoffs. We're chasing some not so great teams and we could pass them.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:40 AM
SeriousHabs

*will post here if Gauthier doesn't mess up at the TD*

Old
01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Each and every game night I watch my team and I hope they win.

I had great expectations of this team and realized Cammy might have been the cancer they needed to get rid of. Plus, they got bigger.

Those who need to get back to earth are those who think the habs are gonna get yakupov or grigorenko.

Go Habs Go.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Leo Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
My question to you is...Why?

Why do you feel that we should believe in the team clawing its way back to the top this year?

This wanting to believe business is all short term. I want to believe in the long term. None of this "miracle run" crap.

I want consistent dominance. And I BELIEVE that it starts with us drafting in the top 5 this year.

That's what I want to believe in.

And I want to believe in Aliens too.
I think you entered the wrong thread. You cheer for your team to win as many games as possible. You keep doing that year after year. Look at Columbus, high draft picks aren't a guarantee of long term success.

I want an honest effort out of this team. I want them to win as many games as possible.

I can't understand how if this team finishes 9th, people will be more upset about those close games we won because they hurt their draft spot, instead of those close games we lost that left us out of the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I watch every game, and I cheer for the team to win every game. I will continue to do so even if it becomes mathematically impossible for the Habs to make the playoffs. I can get to a point where losing doesn't affect me as much, but I'll never hope that the team loses a game even if it helps us get a better draft pick. I love the team too much to ever cheer against it. I never boo the team or Habs players at games either even if I'm angry. Just the way I am.

Go Habs Go until the end!

Old
01-17-2012, 08:04 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
I think you entered the wrong thread. You cheer for your team to win as many games as possible. You keep doing that year after year. Look at Columbus, high draft picks aren't a guarantee of long term success.

I want an honest effort out of this team. I want them to win as many games as possible.

I can't understand how if this team finishes 9th, people will be more upset about those close games we won because they hurt their draft spot, instead of those close games we lost that left us out of the playoffs.
I think anyone who wants the habs to make the playoffs THIS year are delusional. Not only delusional, but fail to understand how having one losing year with a top end pick can make us MUCH better for MANY years forward.

I don't give a damn about Columbus and their ****** drafting. That's a dumb example to bring up. Canadiens have a fantastic record drafting in the first round (save for Fisher, but that was never Timmins's pick). I am not worried that they would pick the right guy in the top 5.

Too many people are ok with this team being mediocre and just slipping in the playoffs. I want dominance, not cinderella teams. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:10 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I've never stopped and I never will until there is no hope. If we can enter the all-star break with a 4-5 point deficit, it'll be easy as cake.
Jeeze, man, be realistic. They're 8 points behind 8th place right now. How can they reduce that to 4-5 with only four games until the All Star break.

It's not just a matter of winning all 4 games. All the other teams out of the playoffs and in front of the Habs have to also lose.

I said before the St Louis game they had 9 games left in January. They had to get 11-12 points out of a possible 18. They're sort of on track. With St Louis, Boston, Ottawa & Rangers, I had them coming out with 4 points. They got 3.

They have 5 more games in January, they need at least 8 points. (all 10 would be fantastic). They also need to stay within a single digit of 8th place.

The trade deadline is on Feb 27. That's the date we should mark on our calendar.

The week before the deadline, the Habs should re-evaluate their position. If they've made up ground by the 20th of Feb and are within striking distance then I would risk going for the play offs. If they're not within striking distance then it's flee market time:

Campoli, Gill, Kaberle, and maybe one of Diaz or Weber (depending on the return) are on the block and between then and September I would also put Gomez & Gionta up for trade. Those last two would probably have to go in the off season.

So to respond to the I believe post: with Cancerlleri gone and Bourque here this is a different team so I'll wait till after the next 5 games. The Habs of the first half of this season I would not believe could do it. The Habs that showed up over this weekend I think can.

I just want to see if the Habs of this weekend are real or a figment of our collective imagination.

Last edited by onice: 01-17-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old
01-17-2012, 08:59 AM
otto bond

No team in 20 some odd years has ever come back and made the PO after being 10 pts behind at this stage of a season.
Well time to start winning if they are to change that!
Go Habs Go!

Closed Thread