Notices

Hurme

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Jim

vCash: 500
Hurme

Not for nothing, but what the hell is Atlanta doing with Hurme? Even if he is practicing everyday, he hasn't seen a game yet. Is he hurt, because with the lack of exposure, his value can only go down.

When I first heard about the move, I thought:Waddell you are a genius. But then, I took a look at the gluttony of goalies in the league that have similar skill, and I realized there really isn't a market.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Atlanta Jim

Goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Not for nothing, but what the hell is Atlanta doing with Hurme? Even if he is practicing everyday, he hasn't seen a game yet. Is he hurt, because with the lack of exposure, his value can only go down.

When I first heard about the move, I thought:Waddell you are a genius. But then, I took a look at the gluttony of goalies in the league that have similar skill, and I realized there really isn't a market.
It will all work out. Goalies get injured (Turek) or play crappy enough to cost them their job and teams go trolling for another one. Defoe - $3 -mill, Hurme - not nearly that much, Cujo - $8 mill. Seems to me you can move one of our guys before Cujo. As long as we are putting up points and Pasi keeps us in games there is no rush to trade anyone. If we are patient somebody will come knocking on our door for a goalie. The other goalie gets to back up Pasi so we can keep BOY WONDER -LEHTONAN down on the farm.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Holly Gunning

Remember the old adage, you can never be too thin, too rich, or have too many goalies. It will all work out eventually.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:44 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 2000
I agree that goaltending depth is great but without any game action whatsoever the trade value of Dafoe and Hurme will be minimal.Any team that does suddenly find itself in a market for a goalie will look toward someone with at least a few games under his belt this season,rather than a goalie thats been inactive since September.But maybe the thrashers aren't looking for much in return or these two backups have looked so bad in practice that they don't deserve any game action.

If the thrashers are looking for anything significant in return for one of them then its in their own best interest to get them into a couple games.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
I agree that goaltending depth is great but without any game action whatsoever the trade value of Dafoe and Hurme will be minimal.Any team that does suddenly find itself in a market for a goalie will look toward someone with at least a few games under his belt this season,rather than a goalie thats been inactive since September.But maybe the thrashers aren't looking for much in return or these two backups have looked so bad in practice that they don't deserve any game action.

If the thrashers are looking for anything significant in return for one of them then its in their own best interest to get them into a couple games.
Maybe that why we made Dafoe play from time to time I guess if there is someone who is moving, it would be him so Hurme would get the back-up job for a while!

Old
11-07-2003, 01:49 PM
leaflover
New hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried
Maybe that why we made Dafoe play from time to time I guess if there is someone who is moving, it would be him so Hurme would get the back-up job for a while!
I see he did play a game.I didn't realize that.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:26 PM
leaflover
New hope

Dafoe is starting tonight against the jacks.

Closed Thread