HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Luke Schenn coming to Philly? (Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News)

Old
01-13-2012, 10:01 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Carter was told the same thing.
Wasn't he told that when he signed the deal, not during discussions? Either way, I think it'll be at least a few weeks before a deal gets done between these two teams if at all.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Wasn't he told that when he signed the deal, not during discussions? Either way, I think it'll be at least a few weeks before a deal gets done between these two teams if at all.
IIRC, Holmgren personally told Carter while the rumors were circulating around the time it was being said he was headed to CBJ was that there was no way possible that he was going to be dealt.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:29 PM
bryzgalovsky*

we're never going to hear the end of the "carter/richards were traded therefore everyone can be lied to and trade"

those were very different circumstances, and people trying to apply it to every possibility (for example, people were 100% certain we were trading someone for bobby ryan a month ago) are starting to bother me

we are not getting luke schenn, multiple sources from both teams have confirmed it at this point, and there's 0 reason why both teams would lie if they knew they were going to do the deal

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
we're never going to hear the end of the "carter/richards were traded therefore everyone can be lied to and trade"

those were very different circumstances, and people trying to apply it to every possibility (for example, people were 100% certain we were trading someone for bobby ryan a month ago) are starting to bother me

we are not getting luke schenn, multiple sources from both teams have confirmed it at this point, and there's 0 reason why both teams would lie if they knew they were going to do the deal

Umm there are plenty of reasons for the two teams to lie about it at this current time. No team ever comes out and says oh yea we are going to trade this guy next week.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:57 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
IIRC, Holmgren personally told Carter while the rumors were circulating around the time it was being said he was headed to CBJ was that there was no way possible that he was going to be dealt.
Yo Sh0otnSc0re, why don't you lock this one up for the time being with all the rumors dying down and the GMs shooting it down.

I also think it might be a good idea to create an all-encompassing goalie-controversy thread.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post

Teams do this all the time..they say "Nope no deal." only to make it official when it does happen. It could be because they're still working on the finer points of the deal or are waiting. Both Burke and Homer weren't exactly concrete. They said "no deal Schenn - JVR" but they didn't say "There is zero chance we trade Schenn or JVR" so it could still be going on.

It could be to make sure the players keep playing hard for the team so they get a couple more points or so it doesn't hurt their trade value who knows. I'm not saying the deal will happen, but I wouldn't say the kibosh has been put on it.

Last edited by Edgeworth*: 01-13-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
I see Burke keeping his word unless Schenn is dealt for serious overpayment (which can be quoted by Burke).

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Kaktus*

Flyers saw Weber and Suter play tonight. We do not want Schenn.

L.Schenn has a lot of work to do to deserve the type of money he is making right now.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

I am not counting on Suter or Weber being available in the offseason.
teams better then us will be to offer more money to Suter if he hits the open market.
Weber will cost more then just JVR. IMO

Besides if you are those 2 guys would you want to play in front of Bryzgalov?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:32 AM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

Posted on THN:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...henn-buzz.html

EvilAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Not that it means us but Schenn and Kadri are reported to be healthy scratches tonight.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Not that it means us but Schenn and Kadri are reported to be healthy scratches tonight.
Haven't been following the Leafs, have they been playing badly or is there any kind of merit to the inference that a trade may be coming?

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:03 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haven't been following the Leafs, have they been playing badly or is there any kind of merit to the inference that a trade may be coming?
Hmm dont know. Twitter seems to think a trade is most likely happening.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
MsWoof

Interesting stuff, Schenn said after practice that he hadn't been told he wasn't playing, but apparently he and Kadri were part of a bag skate after the rest of the team practised. Wilson likes to play games with the media so who knows what's going on.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Interesting stuff, Schenn said after practice that he hadn't been told he wasn't playing, but apparently he and Kadri were part of a bag skate after the rest of the team practised. Wilson likes to play games with the media so who knows what's going on.
I read on HockeyBuzz (not Eklund) that only one will be scratched and two different people reporting two different players. At least according to him no one is claiming both are scratched.

Quote:
Paul Hendrick at Leafs TV reported earlier that Luke Schenn was going to be a healthy scratch tonight in a key divisional matchup against Ottawa, but Coach Ron Wilson will only confirm that rookie Jake Gardiner will be in the lineup. Who will be sitting will be a "game time decision".

FAN 590's David Alter is also reporting that Nazem Kadri is also a healthy scratch.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tawa/120/41404

Old
01-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

We were after Kadri before. I swear to god, If we get that useless gimp i'm going to be devastated.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I read on HockeyBuzz (not Eklund) that only one will be scratched and two different people reporting two different players. At least according to him no one is claiming both are scratched.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tawa/120/41404
They're super valuable though, guaranteed superstars.

01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They're super valuable though, guaranteed superstars.
Never heard of a fan base like Toronto's that wants to ship out it's up and coming superrstars so often.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Is that true? If so that's ****ed up, and I just lost some respect for Holmgren. Even though I wanted to deal Carter, and he got a great return that I'm super happy with. It seems messed up not to give him at least a heads up after he just signed long term mid-season.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Is that true? If so that's ****ed up, and I just lost some respect for Holmgren. Even though I wanted to deal Carter, and he got a great return that I'm super happy with. It seems messed up not to give him at least a heads up after he just signed long term mid-season.
If you believe Carter's agent, then yes, it's true. Homer demurred when asked about it and said something to the effect of, "I was in the room and wouldn't characterize it like that." As is usually the case with stuff like this, I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
If you believe Carter's agent, then yes, it's true. Homer demurred when asked about it and said something to the effect of, "I was in the room and wouldn't characterize it like that." As is usually the case with stuff like this, I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.
If you believe it was the Off-season of Snider, then I can see Holmgren in complete damage control.

RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: As @jonasTSN1050 suggests, looks like Mike Komisarek is out tonight, which means Schenn is in.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
DUHockey9

God I really hope we don't get Kadri. Nothing about him is appealing to me. I just don't think he's good at all. Luckily, there doesn't appear to be anything behind these rumblings.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:54 PM
BernieParent

JvR for Schenn. It's Carter-for-Kaberle 2.0.

Moot point as it is with JvR's injuries, a healthy JvR could be the focal point of a better deal than for Schenn.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

I think people are being unfairly critical of Schenn. I'm not saying he is the next Bobby Orr or anything like that, but he is a good, young defenseman. I doubt the deal would go down straight up, but in terms of needs, even if it did and the Leafs got the better player (JvR), Schenn would be a good addition for this team in this situation. I think JvR should get more back in a trade but if I am GM and Burke calls with JvR for Schenn straight up, I would give it a good, hard look.

Old
01-17-2012, 01:13 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Richards said that's what happened too. In fact, he described it in pretty good detail. He said Carter called his agent asking about a possible trade and Homer said no and said Jeff could come in and he would talk to him if he wanted. Carter went in and Holmgren again said 'no, you will not be traded'

Obviously, I'm very biased, and won't give my opinion, but there's the story. I just came to check to see if the Flyers were getting Luke Schenn cause I heard rumors about it and he was scratched tonight.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote