HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
With our second I would like us to pick Hertl.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles* View Post
I think he could go 1st round. If he was hyped more soon..he could have been in the same spot as Forsberg.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

I'm getting more and more interested in Galchenyuk, I think he could be a great pick up early in the draft.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No interest in Faksa. The man is slow as cold molasses going uphill.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I dont mind Faksa mid/late first but with CSS ranking him 4th...They just pulled a Biggs on this kid. ridiculous. We have 21st at Hockeyprospect in the January ranking.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
I dont mind Faksa mid/late first but with CSS ranking him 4th...They just pulled a Biggs on this kid. ridiculous. We have 21st at Hockeyprospect in the January ranking.
I see him falling to the 3rd round a la Joonas Nattinen.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:27 PM
ccgg

Quote:
IMO, it would be a big surprise if he isnt picked in the first round. Personally, in my present hope list for the second round, there is Charles Hudon and Dalton Thrower.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
I see him falling to the 3rd round a la Joonas Nattinen.
not happening, he's been a riser since october. even "bad" Faksa is better than Joonas

Old
01-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
He should make a great winger for Plekanec. We have players (except AK) that we can trade for a mid to late 1st.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:50 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i reckon plek + our first would be enough to move up quite a few spots no?

Old
01-18-2012, 06:19 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

I would like to make a serious pitch to acquire a pick we can use to draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and with our 2nd rounder, I would like to see us go for Tanner Pearson

Old
01-18-2012, 07:30 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I would like to make a serious pitch to acquire a pick we can use to draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and with our 2nd rounder, I would like to see us go for Tanner Pearson
I agree with Grigs or Gals but differ on Pearson I want the Habs to get Boo Nieves with a 2nd or low 3rd.Frk would be a good 2nd round pick low.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Pearson was barely noticeable at the WJHC for an offensive player. I think 2nd round would be a reach, average size and mediocre skating.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM
S Bah

If Grigs & Gals are gone by the Habs pick I would take Dumba,Rinehart or Ceci and keep loading up on Dmen.Without drafting the Center the best choices are on Defence Schmaltz Trouba Ebert and the list goes on.NYI's seem to have a plethora of centers in their system but need defence,Tavares is good buddies with PK Subban maybe they can find common ground there.Sounds like the run PK out of town (J.Martin)is in full swing.If it's going to happen this year there are lots of defencemen.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:36 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
He should make a great winger for Plekanec. We have players (except AK) that we can trade for a mid to late 1st.
Just for fun, can you name a player on the habs that can fetch us that 1st round pick.

The only players I see fetching us a 1st round pick are Pleks, Price, Subban, Eller, Patches, Gorges, and Cole. All players we want to keep.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:

No offence, but this is far off-base. Let me preface this by saying I have seen every game he has played live this year and I'm a big fan of his game, so I'm biased.

Having said that, I wouldn't take him in the top-20. He's not dynamic enough consistently to risk that high a pick.

But he's not slow. I think your opinion may be clouded by the WJC. That was the worst I have ever seen him skate. He looked two leagues below Canada in that game. I figured it had to be health related and it was later discovered he had a bad flu all tournament and still has some effects. But trust me, he's a much better skater than that.

He's not lightning fast by 1st round standards, but he's smooth and shifty. He handles the body well and has a good, quick release. I see him as too much of a project for the first round, but definitely a high reward type if developed properly.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Just for fun, can you name a player on the habs that can fetch us that 1st round pick.

The only players I see fetching us a 1st round pick are Pleks, Price, Subban, Eller, Patches, Gorges, and Cole. All players we want to keep.
You're right, teams don't just give away 1st picks...some people seem to think AK can get us a 1st but i'm doubtful.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Jesker

Keep an eye on Damon Severson, who could end up in the first round in the next rankings. I really liked his play from 2-3 games I saw him play. Could be an interesting late first pick or early second.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post

We have 3 players (Gill, Gionta and Campoli) and 2 more that we should consider trading (Moen and Weber or Diaz). I think Gionta could get a late 1st and if we add our 2nd round pick to a player like Gill or Moen and move assets around we should be able to move up to a 1st.

With a little bit of work we should be able to move up to a 1st. Also, I'm of the opinion unless we are drafting top 3 or there is a player we really want, we should look at trading our 1st (as long as it's not for an aging old fa**t on his last legs).

I don't explain myself very well but I only wanted one later 1st round pick and I assumed we were going to be shipping out several assets which isn't what I said but what I meant.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
FrankMTL

Interesting, with yesterdays results, we're only 2 points out of last place in the Eastern Conference.. lol. We're also 8 points out of a playoff spot at the moment, and Washington has a game in hand, so potentially 10 points out. I would love to make the playoffs, but we have to be realistic too. It would take about 52 points in the next 37 games to give us a decent shot at the playoffs (93 or 94 points). So that means we'd have to go something like 23-8-6, or 24-9-4 or 25-10-2 till the end of the year...that's gonna be pretty tough obviously. Just to put things in perspective, we'd have to just about equal the best record in the NHL through the first 37 games of the 2011-2012 season, which was the Boston Bruins.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:07 AM
jwolf

Quote:
Haven't seen him play yet, though I keep hearing his name. Is he a wing or center?

Old
01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
jwolf

If neither Grigo nor Galchenyuk are available, how does Girgensons compare? He looks to be the same size as Gal, but does his skill package measure up? Is he a franchise C?

Old
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
If neither Grigo nor Galchenyuk are available, how does Girgensons compare? He looks to be the same size as Gal, but does his skill package measure up? Is he a franchise C?
I've never seen him play, but he does have 27 points in 24 games so far in the USHL. Those numbers are slightly better than Louis Leblanc at the same age. Girgensons is bigger however at 6 foot 1, 182 pounds according to hockeydb. I have no clue what his strenghts and weaknesses are. Has anybody seen his skating? from the little I have seen on youtube, he seems to be a pretty good skated with a nice physical edge.

Old
01-18-2012, 12:41 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Cristobal Nieves has that kind of upside and could fall to low 3rd high 2nd round pick.He's planning to join the Wolverines in Michigan from Kent of NEDI,he has all the necessary attributes plus he's French.

Old
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
We have 3 players (Gill, Gionta and Campoli) and 2 more that we should consider trading (Moen and Weber or Diaz). I think Gionta could get a late 1st and if we add our 2nd round pick to a player like Gill or Moen and move assets around we should be able to move up to a 1st.

With a little bit of work we should be able to move up to a 1st. Also, I'm of the opinion unless we are drafting top 3 or there is a player we really want, we should look at trading our 1st (as long as it's not for an aging old fa**t on his last legs).

I don't explain myself very well but I only wanted one later 1st round pick and I assumed we were going to be shipping out several assets which isn't what I said but what I meant.
Campoli only netted a second last year and had a hard time getting a contract this year after blowing chicagos playoffs on a bad turn over.

Gionta is worth a first but needs to go to the right team because he is not a rental.

Anyone else unsure.

Closed Thread