HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
On the Hawks board there are posters who think Plekanec would be a great fit for their number 2 C spot. Some even suggested giving up Macneil, Pirri, and a 2nd for him. Just for giggles what would you want from them if you were willing to trade them Pleks. Bolland is still untouchable by their posters.
I don't see us moving Plekanec unless a better center is coming back. Not sure why the Hawks would make that deal either as they have Sharp Towes and Bolland.

Old
01-17-2012, 06:04 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
On the Hawks board there are posters who think Plekanec would be a great fit for their number 2 C spot. Some even suggested giving up Macneil, Pirri, and a 2nd for him. Just for giggles what would you want from them if you were willing to trade them Pleks. Bolland is still untouchable by their posters.
If it's a 1st and we're doing a fullscale rebuild, then I'm pretty down for it.

Old
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
vanejorg*

Lecavalier is never going to be trouble for the team in terms of contract, or money. If his skills decline in 5 years, or even 3 years, then Les Canadiens can either trade, or dump him in the AHL or Europe. Get this guy now!!....before it is too late again. I thought it was interesting that a poster above mentioned that Nashville would be interested in acquiring Andrei, so that the Kostitsyn's can be reunited. First, acquire Lecavalier, thus making Kostitsyn expendable. Then inquire about the availability of Weber, for Kostitsyn and others. The team will instantly be a threat to make the playoffs once again this hockey season. I don't care about next year, or the next three years. New management can worry about that when the time comes. In my estimation, given their past Stanley Cup victories record(and allowing for the fact that the league has expanded to 30 teams in the recent past), they are behind at least 3 championships already. The time to act is NOW!! I do believe that Yzerman owes the team one, given that he has built a good part of his team(including coaches) with former Canadiens employees. He has to be interested in moving the Lecavalier contract if he can. Therefore, the team can probably acquire this guy for less than one might think. It doesn't hurt for our "lame-duck" GM to ask, does it.

Last edited by vanejorg*: 01-17-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanejorg View Post
Lecavalier is never going to be trouble for the team in terms of contract, or money. If his skills decline in 5 years, or even 3 years, then Les Canadiens can either trade, or dump him in the AHL or Europe. Get this guy now!!....before it is too late again. I thought it was interesting that a poster above mentioned that Nashville would be interested in acquiring Andrei, so that the Kostitsyn's can be reunited. First, acquire Lecavalier, thus making Kostitsyn expendable. Then inquire about the availability of Weber, for Kostitsyn and others. The team will instantly be a threat to make the playoffs once again this hockey season. I don't care about next year, or the next three years...worry about that when that time comes. In my estimation, given their past Stanley Cup victories record(and allowing for the fact that the league has expanded to 30 teams in the recent past), they are behind at least 3 championships already. The time to act is NOW!!
His contract is already trouble. I doubt they want to pay a guy 10 mil/year to play AHL or Europe for 4-5 years.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanejorg View Post
Lecavalier is never going to be trouble for the team in terms of contract, or money. If his skills decline in 5 years, or even 3 years, then Les Canadiens can either trade, or dump him in the AHL or Europe. Get this guy now!!....before it is too late again. I thought it was interesting that a poster above mentioned that Nashville would be interested in acquiring Andrei, so that the Kostitsyn's can be reunited. First, acquire Lecavalier, thus making Kostitsyn expendable. Then inquire about the availability of Weber, for Kostitsyn and others. The team will instantly be a threat to make the playoffs once again this hockey season. I don't care about next year, or the next three years. New management can worry about that when the time comes. In my estimation, given their past Stanley Cup victories record(and allowing for the fact that the league has expanded to 30 teams in the recent past), they are behind at least 3 championships already. The time to act is NOW!! I do believe that Yzerman owes the team one, given that he has built a good part of his team(including coaches) with former Canadiens employees. He has to be interested in moving the Lecavalier contract if he can. Therefore, the team can probably acquire this guy for less than one might think. It doesn't hurt for our "lame-duck" GM to ask, does it.
Actually, yes, acquiring Lecavalier would hurt us a lot. He is not worth what he is getting paid. Period. He would destroy our cap situation, and he is declining in terms of his skill. We should absolutely hang Gautheir from the Bell center rafters if he trades ANYTHING for Lecavalier.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Jayball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
facepalm. I can't believe an Eklundesque rumor that has been denied countless times gets held up as truth by so many people. (Price's contract discussions.) Get real, people.

I also shake my head at the willingness to trade Price without realizing how it would severely set
the team back.
I know. I can't believe price would be in any proposal especially without a top goalie coming back. Mtl has waited a long time for a goalie like him and it would set them back a long time. We all know what it's like to close our eyes when the other team has the puck and we don't know if the goalie will stop it. I don't do that with price. They traded Halak and we all know goalies can win cups almost by themselves so build from price out.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Habsbobabs

I put this on the blackhawks board i dont know how you guys would feel about it,

Bolland, Kyle Beach and 2012 1st round pick
for
Plekanec

beach is pretty close to making the show which makes this deal a little easier to swallow while also getting our 3rd line future centre

Old
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
NewHabsEra*

Mario Trembley is actually a pretty reliable source, he is well connected around the league and isnt knew to start crap on the air.. He is the first one who reported some time ago that Sid's carreer might be compromise due to multiple concussions and that the symptomes were very serious..He also reported some other things that turned to be true.. Its scary to say the least, if Subban is indeed being shopped, the return has to be very high cause Im effraid PG's security might be compromise.. Maybe PG is only trying to establish PK's value around the league and preparing future negociations for next summer..

Old
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsbobabs View Post
I put this on the blackhawks board i dont know how you guys would feel about it,

Bolland, Kyle Beach and 2012 1st round pick
for
Plekanec

beach is pretty close to making the show which makes this deal a little easier to swallow while also getting our 3rd line future centre
Would be a moronic trade for the Habs. Not that great a deal for Chicago, doubt they'd want to be paying Plekanec 5 mil to be #3 center.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Originally Posted by Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see us moving Plekanec unless a better center is coming back. Not sure why the Hawks would make that deal either as they have Sharp Towes and Bolland.
Some Hawks fans think Bolland is untouchable,but I would move him for the right guy. And Plekanec would be a great fit between Sharp -who the Hawks strongly prefer at wing it seems - and Hossa. Bolland isn't big, but he has the kind of game MTL is looking to add at a reasonable cap hit.

So I'm curious, from a MTL perspective, what a Plekanec-Bolland deal would look like? I would add (big/gritty guys) Kevin Hayes or Beach and a lower prospect (and the hawks have a deep pool).

Old
01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Habsbobabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Would be a moronic trade for the Habs. Not that great a deal for Chicago, doubt they'd want to be paying Plekanec 5 mil to be #3 center.
Good reasoning

Old
01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Habsbobabs

This trade is kinda like the Cammellari deal
We get bolland who will help now
Beach is almost ready to make an impact as soon as next year (imo hes a beast)
and we get the 1st to help us maintain a good talent pool

Old
01-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Vincent01

I wouldn't be against acquiring a guy like Palmieri in New Jersey. Seems like there's no room for him with the Devils.

Nick Palmieri
2nd round pick 2012 (WSH)

Travis Moen
Yannick Weber
5th round pick 2013 (MTL)

Old
01-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Ginu

I wouldn't mind milking Washington out of Kuznetsov+ for Plekanec with Backstrom going down with a concussion. Maybe even add Johansson. That would beat us up pretty bad in the standings for the rest of the year and give us a high draft pick to draft a franchise center

Closed Thread