HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #47 : KINGS @ CANUCKS - Tuesday, 1/17/’11 @ 7:00 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Praying for a win here. Kings gotta come out firing on all cylinders and put them on their ass early. Get them flustered. Only way we beat the Canucks.

Grats on the promo. Or am I color blind with the dark blue under your name?
You aren't, and I'm still really weirded out by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Totally not trying to be a dick here but why do you guys actually want to be a moderator? I assume you don't get paid anything and you have to deal with 3 year olds like myself. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like a pretty crappy gig.
There's a reason we all came here in the first place, because the discussion was good enough for us to sign up. We have to deal with a whole lot but I have a major interest in keeping the discussion the same way so that others are able to sign up and enjoy it, as well as being able to enjoy it myself. Which, I still really do.

Old
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
Hope for a win in regulation tonight! Go Kings!
That's all you are hoping for?

I hope the Kings put up eight on Luongocho. I hope that one of the Sedins has a miscarraige during the first period, then Kesler gets abducted by Aliens during the first intermission. I always want Bieska to get attacked by a badger during the second period.

Last edited by Boba Fettuccine: 01-17-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Totally not trying to be a dick here but why do you guys actually want to be a moderator? I assume you don't get paid anything and you have to deal with 3 year olds like myself. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like a pretty crappy gig.
Just people who love the boards and want to keep it going as one of the best available. It has its faults, as everything does, but you would be hard pressed to find much better around the internet, and a big part of that is the sheer size of HFBoards and the number of moderators it enlists.

Sometimes it is a little mind boggling seeing what people think they can get away with and how some can so blatantly break the rules, but the job is self-rewarding, and you get something from being able to help the boards and keep things in order whenever you encounter something amiss.

We all love hockey, have different ways of expressing it, and moderators just want to keep the discussion and hockey talk flowing.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
01-17-2012, 07:14 PM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
That's all you are hoping for?

I hope the Kings put up eight on Luongocho. I hope that one of the Sedins has a miscarraige during the first period, then Kesler gets abducted by Aliens during the first intermission. I always want Bieska to get attacked by a badger during the second period.
oh i'm sorry, regulation win, and those things as mentioned above.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
johnjm22

3rd game in 4 nights. On the road against one of the better home teams in the league.

I don't like our chances.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
3rd game in 4 nights. On the road against one of the better home teams in the league.

I don't like our chances.
Same, unfortunately.

Gotta hope Quick steals the show.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Just people who love the boards and want to keep it going as one of the best available. It has its faults, as everything does, but you would be hard pressed to find much better around the internet, and a big part of that is the sheer size of HFBoards and the number of moderators it enlists.

Sometimes it is a little mind boggling seeing what people think they can get away with and how some can so blatantly break the rules, but the job is self-rewarding, and you get something from being able to help the boards and keep things in order whenever you encounter something amiss.

We all love hockey, have different ways of expressing it, and moderators just want to keep the discussion and hockey talk flowing.
I go on other message boards and this is by far the most heavily moderated. That might be one of the reasons people ignore the rules. The harmony central music forums don't even censor swear words and you have to do something ridiculous to get banned. Anyway, glad you guys enjoy it. I'd never give anyone an infraction if I were in your shoes. I'd make a horrible moderator..or a good one depending on who you ask.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
chesed

I would like a shutout. =P

Old
01-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:

I didn't see you list Face Wash's banana bread as one of the perks

Last edited by Boba Fettuccine: 01-17-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

I go on other message boards and this is by far the most heavily moderated. That might be one of the reasons people ignore the rules. The harmony central music forums don't even censor swear words and you have to do something ridiculous to get banned. Anyway, glad you guys enjoy it. I'd never give anyone an infraction if I were in your shoes. I'd make a horrible moderator..or a good one depending on who you ask.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
That's one of the reasons I was attracted to HFBoards in the first place. It was more serious discussion and less sheer ridiculousness. It is very hard to impossible to be in between. That is just the rules. They are there because Hockey Future is a legitimate source for information about hockey prospects and HFBoards is the largest ice hockey discussion forum on the internet. Because of this, we are very high traffic and require big server support. That means corporate backing, not a small budget, therefore a company's name (Crave Online) is tied to and owns HFBoards. That brings strict rules as we have high end advertisers and the content being thrown around on the boards matters to and influences their interest in associating themselves with us.

In a nutshell, because of those rules, we attract more fans internationally as the leading serious board for hockey discussion, because of that we are the most massive which requires major backing, and we get that because of our seriousness and traffic entices others to do business with us to keep the board going

As for infractions, it is never easy. People take them more seriously then they have to (personally rather than a warning to avoid and learn from, which usually leads to more). Moderators are just like anyone else in that some are better at certain aspects than others, but all our strengths work together so that nothing slips by. We don't make the rules, we are just asked to enforce them, and we volunteer because we love the boards and the discussion it brings and would like to see it continue.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I didn't see you list Face Wash's banana bread as one of the perks
With or without nuts? If nuts, what kind of nuts?

Old
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Why do the sisters have the same exact haircuts and beards? Do they dress in the same clothes when they go out in public?

Old
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Why do the sisters have the same exact haircuts and beards? Do they dress in the same clothes when they go out in public?
Ginger special: 2 for 1 deal

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Penner you selfish ****!

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

So Rome can punch Richards in the head and no penalty? ok.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

I liked the decision to shoot by Penner, but I wish he kept his head up and picked his corner instead of staring at the puck, putting as much as he could into it, and going all or nothing tweeners.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Wow, such great opportunities and we just can't finish :/

Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Loki has one of the weakest shots i've ever seen.

Old
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Are those green spandex idiots still seen next to the penalty boxes or have people grown tired of them?

Old
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Penner you selfish ****!
if he scores you cheer, if he misses you cry...

good start so far.

Old
Nose of Sutter

Any FSWest stream?

Old
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

so many chances, gotta capitalize

Old
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Cruel11
Maximoff

Kesler already diving.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
This team just can't finish. It's embarrassing.

Closed Thread