HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winterpeg vs. Ottawa | 7:30 p.m. | Snet-E

Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
The_Team_Nurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
Oh, go back and please check out the anthem! Just don't do it first thing in the morning since it will ruin your day.

Much like having a peaceful morning when one wakes up and having a proper routine for the coming day, the national anthem and pregame festivities set the tone and energy of the game and everything else that follows. Maybe it is just me, but when Konopka's sister was performing her version of the anthem, I could see the energy of the building being sapped out, and the uneasiness of the people present in the stadium.

Much like how Tim Thomas is just dominating here at Scotiabank Place, maybe the Senators really like the lighting at MSG.
I just drank a lot of beer at the game, it's the answer to all of your problems. Heck, it's the answer to all the Sens problems.

The_Team_Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
Oh no, intruding isn't so bad all the time. Depends on what they are saying.

I guess the panic mode just annoys me. No team can win all 82 games. And some of those losses will be bad ones. You can even have multiple losses in a row! Shocking, I know!

Panic mode can come when you are expected to be a playoff team, and you flop. lol. Or you go on a losing streak (3/4+ games).
Who's panicking though? You make it seem like everyone is losing their **** when that's really not the case. Or maybe we just have two different definitions of panic mode.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Good look at the regular season you have haha. I know some people that up and leave once their team even gets scored on. Frustrating.
Yeah, that's annoying.

I do understand it is frustrating when the team you cheer for plays poorly, but I guess I am the type to look at the bigger picture... and regardless of how much my team is down, I stay till the end! (Different if it's on TV, I may just flip back and forth).

So tomorrow is another day, I hope MacLean has whipped the guys into shape and got them ready to kick some serious Blue and White Ass!

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Who's panicking though? You make it seem like everyone is losing their **** when that's really not the case. Or maybe we just have two different definitions of panic mode.
I guess its more the mood of the thread. The posts with **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.... when yeah, it was a ****** game, but move on. It is only a select few who seem all bipolar about hockey.

EDIT: Although as the night goes on, it does get better. lol. Less bi-polar around here. I guess I should just read the end of the threads, and not immediately following a game when emotions are running high (I seem to be a heartless/emotionless person who doesn't get upset after a crappy game).

Old
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
I guess its more the mood of the thread. The posts with **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.... when yeah, it was a ****** game, but move on. It is only a select few who seem all bipolar about hockey.
I don't know what you expect from a GDT on HF after a loss but believe me, this is staid.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
I don't know what you expect from a GDT on HF after a loss but believe me, this is staid.
You are right... lol. Just annoying (like edited above, I just need to avoid this place after a loss). At least there are not failing threads rising. I guess I'm too old for this ****.

Old
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
The_Team_Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Good look at the regular season you have haha. I know some people that up and leave once their team even gets scored on. Frustrating.
Ya, I'm annoyed but not in panic mod yet. As the plaoff get closer, it will get harder to stay calm. I'm a 1/2 season seat holder though, so after seeing only a few wins so far, I'd like to see that record really improve for me. I am stuck moving to Sarnia soon, so I need to appreciate the boys, win or loose, while I still can.

The_Team_Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:05 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

I was at the game. It was awful, but I don't think there's anything to worry about. The whole team looked tired. They were trying hard but they just didn't have the legs last night. Lots of mental mistakes that you don't normally see and then Winnipeg clogged up the neutral zone pretty damn well. Just one of those nights.

Turn the page.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Flamingo

So Cynthia's the scapegoat? I think we should give her another try.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
SenzZen
Unsustainable

I was there.

Seemed like we were skating in quicksand. If you can call it skating.

The puck was bouncing all over the place, too, which plays into the Peg's favour.

Too bad I had to witness it 1st hand, but it's probably fitting considering we won a game we deserved to lose the last time we were in the Peg.

Regroup, and put it behind you, boys.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
I was at the game. It was awful, but I don't think there's anything to worry about. The whole team looked tired. They were trying hard but they just didn't have the legs last night. Lots of mental mistakes that you don't normally see and then Winnipeg clogged up the neutral zone pretty damn well. Just one of those nights.

Turn the page.
I was at the game as well (as usual), and I have to say, I really wasn't looking forward to sifting through pages and pages of doom and gloom. Glad that I found this post on the last page, saved me from trying to find it buried somewhere else.

They lost, looked tired. We're clearly not going to win every game, and I think we're still something like 8-1-2 in our last 10 games (or something like that). If we lose the next 4 with efforts like last night's then it's a cause for concern.

As it is now, just move on, look at tonight's matchup as the more important of the two back-to-back games with the Leafs as a 4 point divisional game, and play hard.

Oh, and trade Spezza/ Kuba/ Phillips/ Andy.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Team_Nurse View Post
Ya, I'm annoyed but not in panic mod yet. As the plaoff get closer, it will get harder to stay calm. I'm a 1/2 season seat holder though, so after seeing only a few wins so far, I'd like to see that record really improve for me. I am stuck moving to Sarnia soon, so I need to appreciate the boys, win or loose, while I still can.
I also get antsy as the playoffs get closer, especially if my team isn't performing optimally. Not that bad a gig, considering you could see Yakupov play in person and put on a show at nearly every home game, right?

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Harbinger
Oppose and Disagree

Was Kenopka's sister that bad?

Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Assassin View Post
Was Kenopka's sister that bad?
Imagine a female Pee Wee Herman's voice singing opera through a kazoo.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post

Turn the page.
Before I talk about last nights game and everyone jumps on me I want everyone to know that I dont think they should win every game heck this team wins games it shouldn't all the time. I am not surprised by last night but I am not happy about it either.

The one common denominator that has made this team successful all season or for the most part is a dedication to do the little things and work hard, finish checks etc. The last couple games I believe they have got away from this... The only reason they got away with it is that Anderson has played out of his mind. They were dreadful against the Habs on Saturday but pulled it out.

Well last night against a Winnipeg team that is one of the bottom 10 teams in the league, is terrible on the road and without its leading scorer, 2 of its top 3 d men and dressed there backup goalie. The sens were being out shot 28 to 10 with 16 minutes to go in the game. If almost any other team in the NHL had played the Ottawa Senators last night it would have been a massacre. They did not show up.

It worried me that there was almost no effort or accountability I hope Mclean rectify's this lackadaisical behavior. As fast as this team moved up in the standings to 5th they can easily drop, this road trip is going to be TOUGH. That was a must win last night the leafs at home are going to be really good, then one day of travel to the west coast they get San Jose then LA yikes...

The only 2 players that showed up were Anderson and Turris not enough.... Karlsson is clearly hurt I wonder if sitting him out until the break will benefit this team later on in the season?

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:07 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Imagine a female Pee Wee Herman's voice singing opera through a kazoo.
Jesus

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
MikeyMagic

Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
Very disappointed in the game. It was the 1st game I've attended since Game 3 in 2010 Playoffs vs. Pittsburgh. My brother came up to visit and so we could watch a game and we end up seeing maybe the worst game all season. If they could've scored just 1 goal I wouldn't have been so disappointed. Nothing was working and it was tough to watch at points. I will forgive them for ruining my brother's visit if they beat the Leaves tonight though.

MikeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
L'Aveuglette
Beef-mode activated

vCash: 1000
Edit: Wrong thread.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Tuna99

Chris Phillips forgot to pack his brain for the road trip, rookie move by a veteran - that or he he is playing with a concussion

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote