HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NSH and MIN

Old
01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
forthewild

vCash: 500
NSH and MIN

So with Nashville looking for scoring forward and minnesota's absolute need for some offense from the back end i'm wondering what the value would be in NSH trading one of their young dman to Min for some scoring forwards.

now i'm not trolling, i don't know what NSH values their young guys but from the looks of it Blum isn't having a great year and with Josi, Ellis, Suter and Webber NSH seems to be set on D.

what would it take from MIN to get Blum from NSH.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Probably an okay forward prospect. I'm not really familiar with Minnesota's prospects besides Granlund, who isn't on the table.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM
forthewild

we have coyle, phillips, zucker, lucia, larsson, bulmer who all are projected to be top 6 guys with varying skill sets, they are all 200 foot players and play every aspect of the game none of them are offense only. we also have Wellman who is a bit older but he is playing well for us this year at lest whent he coach has him play in the top 6 and not on the 4th line for some dumb reason, but his play is good he is very fast and attacks the net.

i dont know what NSH values Blum at tho, so i'm hesitant to make a proposal.

Old
01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Well last year he was, at times, our third best defender, but this year he's struggled and was sent down to get more playing time. With the solid play of Josi and Ellis he wasn't going to get much playing time up here anyway.

Right now I think he's third behind Josi and Ellis, in terms of value, but he still has good upside and I think, at worst, he turns out to be a 2nd pairing guy.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

A quick summary of Minnesota's forward prospects that project to be top-6:

Granlund - Finnish Baby Jesus is pretty much untouchable
Coyle - Power forward type, is 2+0 in 2 GP since going to CHL
Zucker - Scoring winger, slightly undersized, but not afraid to get physical
Phillips - 1.5 PPG with Saint John, is putting up more goals than expected
Larsson - Projects as more of a two-way center. Captained gold medal Swedish WJC team

Those are the big 5. We still have a few other lesser prospects like Wellman and Foucault, as well as some tweeners (Bulmer) and longshot (Haula, Graovac) prospects. A lot of Wild fans are going to be hard to get to part with any of the big 5, but you have to give to get...

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

There's a difference between being a fan, and being a fan/STH. The former in general wants to hang on to the draft picks for the future. As a STH, I want to win/make the playoffs now. I also believe there is enough talent to deal. After all, there are only so many position that can be filled. I would give-up Phllips and Zucker if the right deal came along. Bulmer is no tweener. He should have been on the team all year. The right deal is a 1st or second line forward. I live here, and am not from here. So call it Minny all you want. I do.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
There's a difference between being a fan, and being a fan/STH. The former in general wants to hang on to the draft picks for the future. As a STH, I want to win/make the playoffs now. I also believe there is enough talent to deal. After all, there are only so many position that can be filled. I would give-up Phllips and Zucker if the right deal came along. Bulmer is no tweener. He should have been on the team all year. The right deal is a 1st or second line forward. I live here, and am not from here. So call it Minny all you want. I do.
There's a difference between being a STH and having a clue. We've already established in the previous thread that you're the former without the latter.

The problem with giving up Zucker is that he has shown fantastic chemistry with Coyle. Moving him actually reduces Coyle's value to the team. However, it sounds like Phillips is quickly developing a similar rapport with him, and has already established that he has the ability to play with elite linemates (which is actually a very important skill that not so many players have). Larsson is the sort of heart and soul player that this organization has shown to covet heavily. Bulmer is a third line grinder/agitator who has the potential to become an Alex Burrows type player (minus the biting), but is most likely a Clutterbuck type player. Each of our top tier forward prospects has a different reason the organization would like to keep them.

Old
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I always chuckle at the "I'm a STH holder so my opinion should be more valued" point of view. I, amongst a few others here (and just in general), are STH's but don't feel the need to press that fact towards my opinions to attempt to make them hold more weight. I absolutely want to see this team ice a better team but at the same time I'm not all that willing to move the higher end guys unless the player coming back is absolutely going to have an impact.

I won't disrespect Nashville fan's in saying whether Blum is or isn't that player because I can't say I've seen him enough. But I would be hesitant to move the more highly valued prospects for most any return right now...

Based on what I know of Blum, he'd be an intriguing target but I have no idea where his game or value is at.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm a STH, from here, moved away, came back, and call it Minny. Rather have all the pieces i can get for the bright future but we currently have too many kids that could end up bumping into each other in the top six. I can see an Edmonton situation in our future where we have a bunch of talented kids skating around rudderless. I don't think i've seen much of anything I'd agree with this guy on but I'd have to say this is pretty close. I actually think Phillips will be more valuable in the long run than most people do, so I'd toss out Larsson's name along with him and Zucker simply because I think Larsson could get more value.
I disagree about the target though, and with a focus on the future I'd like to see a defensive prospect come back or someone that has at least a solid 2-3rd defenseman potential and will be our property for several years.

edit: the STH argument is mildly offensive, yes, but while all of us are consumers of the product capitalism has taught us that we vote with our wallets. Those of us opening our wallets find it slightly off-putting that those of us who sit on a couch and consume for free have an argument that holds as much weight with the ownership group. Which is ZERO. Still, its a mindset ingrained in us. I pay, so I tell you how my steak should be cooked--you sit there and eat what you've been given for free.

FWIW I don't feel the need to use the STH card either, but I can see why other people do.

Last edited by rynryn: 01-17-2012 at 05:49 PM.
rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

My mistake, I meant Larrson, not Zucker. As far the the fan stuff goes, some apparently like a once in decade run in the playoffs, I don't. Its been 9 years since Bruno scored on Roy.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:51 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
edit: the STH argument is mildly offensive, yes, but while all of us are consumers of the product capitalism has taught us that we vote with our wallets. Those of us opening our wallets find it slightly off-putting that those of us who sit on a couch and consume for free have an argument that holds as much weight with the ownership group. Which is ZERO. Still, its a mindset ingrained in us. I pay, so I tell you how my steak should be cooked--you sit there and eat what you've been given for free.

FWIW I don't feel the need to use the STH card either, but I can see why other people do.
The problem is, you're not paying to eat the steak. You're paying to watch someone else eat it live. Besides, the people watching on TV are the people who make the game viable. Advertising revenues are more important for NHL viability than butts in seats, and those STH at the game aren't helping TV ratings.

Old
01-17-2012, 07:23 PM
forthewild

to re-hijac this thread and go back to the proposal and away from the STH vs REAL FANZ pissing match, what would be a reasonable offer

Wellman is a young guy who has played very well on the Wild this year and has shown he can score and create chances,

what else would MIN have to add to get Blum picks or other prospects

wellman+2nd 2013+zanon? how close

Old
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
forthewild

nvm double

Last edited by forthewild: 01-17-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: double post
Old
01-17-2012, 07:45 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The problem is, you're not paying to eat the steak. You're paying to watch someone else eat it live. Besides, the people watching on TV are the people who make the game viable. Advertising revenues are more important for NHL viability than butts in seats, and those STH at the game aren't helping TV ratings.
If that's the case then when the **** are we getting new announcers?

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:11 PM
grN1g

Quote:
My mistake, I meant Larrson, not Zucker. As far the the fan stuff goes, some apparently like a once in decade run in the playoffs, I don't. Its been 9 years since Bruno scored on Roy.
noone likes it and thats the point of building for the future, not for the present. enough with UFA rentals and declining player trades giving up assets for that futue.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:17 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
to re-hijac this thread and go back to the proposal and away from the STH vs REAL FANZ pissing match, what would be a reasonable offer

Wellman is a young guy who has played very well on the Wild this year and has shown he can score and create chances,

what else would MIN have to add to get Blum picks or other prospects

wellman+2nd 2013+zanon? how close
I don't see a these two teams as good trading partners. Blum is a movable asset but Poile likely isn't trading him for a prospect unless he upgrades. From your forward prospects I see Granlund who is obviously not getting moved barring a huge overpayment then I don't see anything else of interest for Blum.

As far as at the NHL level I once again don't see anything of interest that would be available from a Preds POV.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I don't see a these two teams as good trading partners. Blum is a movable asset but Poile likely isn't trading him for a prospect unless he upgrades. From your forward prospects I see Granlund who is obviously not getting moved barring a huge overpayment then I don't see anything else of interest for Blum.

As far as at the NHL level I once again don't see anything of interest that would be available from a Preds POV.
That speaks more towards either a gross overvaluing of Blum or just a lack of knowledge about the Wild's prospects. Zucker, Phillips, Coyle, and Larsson are all likely better than any Nashville forward prospect (I'm counting Smith as a player not a prospect).

Old
01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Nashville and Minnesota don't make good trading partners. Nashville needs to be able to move a package like Lindback, a pick and maybe a D player for a Top 6 winger.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
That speaks more towards either a gross overvaluing of Blum or just a lack of knowledge about the Wild's prospects. Zucker, Phillips, Coyle, and Larsson are all likely better than any Nashville forward prospect (I'm counting Smith as a player not a prospect).
Well we would just have to agree to disagree. All those players are fine prospects but nothing extraordinary IMO. Preds have a handful of solid forward prospects as well. Bourque, Watson, Beck, Latta to name a few.

No needto trade Blum for pieces that are not really needed. Especially while Blum's value is likely as low as it's ever going to get.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote