HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#44 - 01.17.2012 | Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - NBC SPORTS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I don't. Thats a Red Sox thing lol
Why are you being sarcastic? It's definitely a Red Sox thing.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Why are you being sarcastic? It's definitely a Red Sox thing.
I didn't mean to be sarcastic, I just happen to like that smiley haha

01-17-2012, 09:30 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
The Predators offense has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found wanting.

Seriously, good game by the Rangers. However, the Predators must have the most generic offense in the league.
You don't get to 56 points with no offense. If the Preds were in most any other division in the NHL, we'd be in 1st or 2nd place.

Although I was disappointed with the outcome of the game, I thought it was going to be a very tall order to beat the Rangers tonight.

In reality, it was a 1-0 game. First goal was just a lucky bounce for the Rangers. For that reason, I think the Predators were more in the game than many people would give us credit for, and Lundqvist had to have some brilliant saves to keep it from being tied. With that said, as I said in my previous post, the Rangers played the better game, won the 1-on-1 battles and that was the difference in the game. Good luck the rest of the way.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Lundkvist, Hagelin, McD/Girardi/Stepan were all very good. Our $12M free agent needs a benching. Seriously. Accountability is due here
Boyle was our best player all nite. His work on the boards was tremendous. Also, replacing Anisimov with Hagelin on the 1st line was a stroke of genius. His speed and smarts especially playing with Stepan is a thing of beauty.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
blue425

Three Stars: The Rangers.

Good job boys.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
You don't get to 56 points with no offense. If the Preds were in most any other division in the NHL, we'd be in 1st or 2nd place.

Although I was disappointed with the outcome of the game, I thought it was going to be a very tall order to beat the Rangers tonight.

In reality, it was a 1-0 game. First goal was just a lucky bounce for the Rangers. For that reason, I think the Predators were more in the game than many people would give us credit for, and Lundqvist had to have some brilliant saves to keep it from being tied. With that said, as I said in my previous post, the Rangers played the better game, won the 1-on-1 battles and that was the difference in the game. Good luck the rest of the way.
Okay, I've been taken to task by two people who obviously know more about the Predators than I do.

Is it okay for me to say that the Predators might be able to stack the odds further in their favour by adding a top forward threat?
I think they would. I'm always honest and say what I think. They did not look powerful tonight on offense, and I do not believe that this was entirely due to the Rangers strong defensive effort. It's push and pull, and it was a very good game by the Rangers.

Closed Thread