HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques Martin will be at l'Antichambre tomorrow

Old
01-17-2012, 10:09 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
Gagnon had a good question about the young players getting benched but it wasn't answered.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:11 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Gagnon had a good question about the young players getting benched but it wasn't answered.
But JM did say that he would have managed Gomez differently

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Jigger77

This guy should never have been fired.

Never usually like l'Antichambre but I have to give them credit this is very interesting. Good stuff. I didn't think he'd say as much as this. Pretty much confirms exactly what I thought. Main thing I retained is when he was asked what the main difference was between the team that made the conf finals two years ago and this team. He answered immediately, experienced defense.

If anything this interview confirms that I am not a fan of Pierre Gauthier. In the end, what cost JM his job I believe is the misjudging of that defense and in particular the Markov fiasco.

Anyway, wish the guy well. I have no doubt he'll find another coaching job in this league if he wants one.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
triplecitizen

Yeah, I usually can't stand that show, but this was REALLY good.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
This guy should never have been fired.

Never usually like l'Antichambre but I have to give them credit this is very interesting. Good stuff. I didn't think he'd say as much as this. Pretty much confirms exactly what I thought. Main thing I retained is when he was asked what the main difference was between the team that made the conf finals two years ago and this team. He answered immediately, experienced defense.

If anything this interview confirms that I am not a fan of Pierre Gauthier. In the end, what cost JM his job I believe is the misjudging of that defense and in particular the Markov fiasco.

Anyway, wish the guy well. I have no doubt he'll find another coaching job in this league if he wants one.
If everything goes well, you shouldn't have to deal with Gauthier for that much longer. Let just hope so.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Only interesting Martin said so far.....coaches would be more interesting in their press conferences if journalists would have better questions.

Aside from that and what did he try to say about Cole again? Did he just scored on his own net? And you have to love how Gagnon was trying to come to Martin's defense to then come to the conclusion that since Cunneyworth is in, no too many men were called....again, scoring on his own net.
I don't think Martin scored in his own goal regarding Cole.
He is right, his PP production was low the previous year. I think he views it as an element that made Cole rise up.

As for Gagnon, that was hilarious, ''people were blaming Martin for the too many men!, Since he left they haven't had one, and that's true. It just goes to show you people are wrong and exaggerate''.. That made no sense at all.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
PK is selfish.
If that's all you retained from his comments about PK you clearly weren't listening.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

What a great show that was. It completely changed my opinion of JM... He's far from the emotionless zombie that I thought he was.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He is right, his PP production was low the previous year. I think he views it as an element that made Cole rise up.

As for Gagnon, that was hilarious, ''people were blaming Martin for the too many men!, Since he left they haven't had one, and that's true. It just goes to show you people are wrong and exaggerate''.. That made no sense at all.
Haha

My reaction exactly

I think Gagnon realized he was being an a** and tried to backpedal

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Who's the player he was talking about?

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:18 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

He said all the things we know about PK. He brings energy to him , to the team. Has lots of goods, still developping and maturing.
Main critic of PK that stood out for me, is when JM said PK had often problems comprehending on ice plays/gameplan (which would explain, to me at least, why he was benched by Randy).

In case it wasnt mention, he said main reason why habs are where they are is Markov.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
If that's all you retained from his comments about PK you clearly weren't listening.
Well it's pretty much the conclussion. Does he play for himself or his teammates. Martin isn't going to flat out say he is selfish. He was being nice about it and put it in a nice way but I think we all know PK needs to grow up a little more

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

The thing is that it was stupid to ever refer to Cole's PP production from last year. Last year was last year. We had a PP who sucked terribly. Cole was amongst our best players. You use him and stop using last year's stats to explain why he wasn't. And as soon as he STOPPED using that stat and played him, Cole succeeded.

Quote:
Don't worry. I was listening. But that was THE bolder statement of the whole "He has potential and all the rest". His main point was about "Ie he playing for himself or for the team". Besides, don't worry again. I'm a PK fan and don't want to be traded instead of major overpayment is coming our way, something Gauthier won't be able to pull. So we keep him. He needs to correct some of his antics, but we need a player like him.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What a great show that was. It completely changed my opinion of JM... He's far from the emotionless zombie that I thought he was.
I'm from the same area as JM. Franco ontarian as well. An old friend of mine I play hockey with knows JM very well. I guess he's had dinner with him a few times. He's known him for a number of years dating back to the Ottawa days and back then people called him boring and lacking in personality and all that stuff too. My friend always defended the guy and said if you only knew how he is in person. One of the nicest people you'll meet. Very humble, listener, great sense of humour etc and absolutely loves hockey. He gets excited about it. A fun guy to be around basically. It's really quite remarkable to see how he gives off the polar opposite impression.

Old
MXD

Quote:
Why do I have the impression it's somebody I totally do not expect, like, Alex Emelin?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Was he talking about the habs?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He's smart guy, and displays great critical thinking skills IMO.
too bad he was the casualty in all this mess.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

Don't worry. I was listening. But that was THE bolder statement of the whole "He has potential and all the rest". His main point was about "Ie he playing for himself or for the team". Besides, don't worry again. I'm a PK fan and don't want to be traded instead of major overpayment is coming our way, something Gauthier won't be able to pull. So we keep him. He needs to correct some of his antics, but we need a player like him.
From what I gathered he said sometimes you wonder if he's playing for himself or for the team and that this is the case with a lot of elite talent players. He also said that didn't bother him but may have bothered the players. I don't think saying he went out and called PK selfish is fair. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Why do I have the impression it's somebody I totally do not expect, like, Alex Emelin?
He said the player is a great leader.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Was he talking about the habs?
I think it does.

If not... Sounds like Spezza...

Old
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Andy

The player he's talking about is probably Price. He never confirmed it was a defenseman.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domdo345

yeah he said it was in the last 2 years. D-man. Becoming a really good D and a leader. Has to be Gorges

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

See, at point, he used Cole's stats to explain why he doesn't put him on the PP. But he states that he decides to use Cammalleri on the PK 'cause he is a threat to score on the PK.

Cammy's PK goals in 2010-2011: 0
In 2009-2010: 0
In 2008-2009: 0

Okay so let's pretend that what Martin REALLY meant is that despite the fact that Cammy never scored on the PK with the Habs, that just his presence on the PK makes the other team think twice before making a bold pass 'cause Cammy is a threat.....well okay. But I would use that same thinking as far as Cole is concerned. Not a whole lot of success, but I would personnally always think he's still a threat nonetheless.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
He said the player is a great leader.
It doesn't necessarily mean we consider the guy as a leader.
I mean, it could be Pacioretty as well.
But... well, Emelin, leader.. Not sure.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
I don't know, but i'm thinking about PK, when he was in a slump last year and bench him for some game.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote