HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2012, 09:33 PM
  #876
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I haven't seen a lot of Buffalo games, but Miller has seemed pretty "meh" this season from what I've watched. He seems to have been really inconsistent since the Olympics.
He's been pretty bad. A lot of people up here want him gone.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 09:35 PM
  #877
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I haven't seen a lot of Buffalo games, but Miller has seemed pretty "meh" this season from what I've watched. He seems to have been really inconsistent since the Olympics.
Definitely since Lucic smashed him.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
  #878
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Fun statistic of the night, courtesy of TSN: The Islanders have given up a goal on the first shot in 9 games this season.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
  #879
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Fun statistic of the night, courtesy of TSN: The Islanders have given up a goal on the first shot in 9 games this season.
I wonder how many times the Flyers have allowed a goal in the opening minute

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 06:17 AM
  #880
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Detroit got themselves a new franchise record in the win against the Sabres. 15 consecutive wins at home. Not too shabby.

Buffalo on the other hand has now lost nine in a row on the road.

mirimon is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 06:59 AM
  #881
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Good thing Ruff was extended.

Makes me wonder if Sabres will make Regehr or Leopold available at the dead line. Leopold is a bit soft for my liking while Regehr is a bit overpaid. Regehr we could use, 100% stay home that will punish you in the corners or catch you with open ice hits. imo he can catch Malkin like players.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-17-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Kaktus* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
  #882
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Had a dream that we traded JVR and two first rounders for Parise and signed him to the same contract as JVR.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
  #883
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Had a dream that we traded JVR and two first rounders for Parise and signed him to the same contract as JVR.
...and we still lost because of our poor defense and horrendous goaltender?

JVR21 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:18 AM
  #884
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Had a dream that we traded JVR and two first rounders for Parise and signed him to the same contract as JVR.
If all the stars were to align and we somehow had cap space to go out and sign Suter and Parise in the off-season... I think I would die before I could see them all play on the same sheet of ice

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:18 AM
  #885
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
...and we still lost because of our poor defense and horrendous goaltender?
Nah, it was just a dream about the trade. Although I worry that would be the case...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 11:28 AM
  #886
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 50
Schenn and Kadri scratched tonight.

Cue HFBoards madness.

Go For It is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 11:47 AM
  #887
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Schenn and Kadri scratched tonight.

Cue HFBoards madness.
Probably because Schenn sucked on D for a while. He is on the ice on a lot of GA even know his ice time is about 15-16min a game.

Kadri looked soft on the puck. I am not even talking Briere soft, a lot weaker.

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:33 PM
  #888
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Schenn and Kadri scratched tonight.

Cue HFBoards madness.
according to various twitter reports Schenn will be in the lineup tonight. Komisarek is out.
Kadri scratched. gotta be carefull with Jesus. dont want to get him hurt

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
  #889
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
according to various twitter reports Schenn will be in the lineup tonight. Komisarek is out.
Kadri scratched. gotta be carefull with Jesus. dont want to get him hurt
Since when did Tebow play hockey?

Go For It is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
  #890
Shadeslayer813
Registered User
 
Shadeslayer813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Drum
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
@nhlfanchat NHL Host & Analyst

I can Confirm that #Sabres Ryan Miller has asked to be Traded but will ONLY waiver his no trade to play on the West Coast.

@NHL #FF
2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Taken from main board, still not sure about the source though


But it seems were not the only team with a questionable goalie this year

Shadeslayer813 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:05 PM
  #891
FlyerGuy18
Registered User
 
FlyerGuy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The PA of USA
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Good luck to him with that, cause it seems all the west coast teams have their #1s for a while.

ANA: Hiller
LA: Quick
SJ: Neimi
VAN(I'll include them as WC team): Luongo

FlyerGuy18 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:08 PM
  #892
Shadeslayer813
Registered User
 
Shadeslayer813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Drum
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
Good luck to him with that, cause it seems all the west coast teams have their #1s for a while.

ANA: Hiller
LA: Quick
SJ: Neimi
VAN(I'll include them as WC team): Luongo
Yea only team that I can think of is Columbus, but I highly doubt they would take his salary

Shadeslayer813 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
  #893
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,890
vCash: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeslayer813 View Post
Yea only team that I can think of is Columbus, but I highly doubt they would take his salary
Miller: I'm only waiving no trade to go to a west coast team.
Regier: Ok, we've found you a team on the west coast who want to make a trade.
Miller: Awesome, sign me up!
Regier: Done deal, helps us as well as you, it will be great to give Leino some familiarity with a guy he played with before.
Miller: Awesome! Though didn't realise I had that much value, trading me for Mike Richards! Can't wait to get to LA on the west coast.
Regier: Ummmm, we didn't trade you to LA.
Miller: Where then.
Regier: To Columbus for Jeff Carter.
Miller: What the **** you ****ing ****shaft, I said west coast, you said you had traded me to a west coast team!
Regier: Yeh, Columbus, it's on the west coast of the Hoover reservoir.



Doubt he would waive NTC to go to Columbus, even if it was on the west coast.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
  #894
Shadeslayer813
Registered User
 
Shadeslayer813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Drum
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Miller: I'm only waiving no trade to go to a west coast team.
Regier: Ok, we've found you a team on the west coast who want to make a trade.
Miller: Awesome, sign me up!
Regier: Done deal, helps us as well as you, it will be great to give Leino some familiarity with a guy he played with before.
Miller: Awesome! Though didn't realise I had that much value, trading me for Mike Richards! Can't wait to get to LA on the west coast.
Regier: Ummmm, we didn't trade you to LA.
Miller: Where then.
Regier: To Columbus for Jeff Carter.
Miller: What the **** you ****ing ****shaft, I said west coast, you said you had traded me to a west coast team!
Regier: Yeh, Columbus, it's on the west coast of the Hoover reservoir.



Doubt he would waive NTC to go to Columbus, even if it was on the west coast.
yea, but who else in the west needs a #1 goalie badly

Shadeslayer813 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  #895
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeslayer813 View Post
yea, but who else in the west needs a #1 goalie badly
Edmonton.

sobrien is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
  #896
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
watch out for Leafs fans..

Leafs are out of playoffs. Schenn was minus 2

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
  #897
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Edmonton.
Miller to Edmonton would actually be very interesting. Whom would the Sabres reasonably expect to get in return? I don't think, though, that the Oilers would part with any of their big 3 - Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins or Hall - and I don't see other options that would be useful for Buffalo.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
  #898
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,210
vCash: 955
Apparently the Kings are 72-0-5 in their last 77 games when leading after two periods.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
  #899
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Apparently the Kings are 72-0-5 in their last 77 games when leading after two periods.
Canucks are like 121-1-4 since 08-09 leading after 2. Wonder who the lost came against?

Pretty impressive from both teams

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
  #900
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Miller to Edmonton would actually be very interesting. Whom would the Sabres reasonably expect to get in return? I don't think, though, that the Oilers would part with any of their big 3 - Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins or Hall - and I don't see other options that would be useful for Buffalo.
Hmm, maybe MPS, Dubnyk, Klefbom, and a few picks? Something like that...I think Enroth is ready and able to take over the starting role, it's not like it'd completely derail the franchise for 5 years.

sobrien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.