HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tuukka Rask

Old
01-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicthenewNeely View Post
In the very unlikely event Rask is traded I can see something like this

To NJ
Rask
Hamill

To BOS
Parise
1st RD

Rask for Parise is more than fair ... why have them throw in a 1st they probably wont even have for a bust?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Rask for Parise is more than fair ... why have them throw in a 1st they probably wont even have for a bust?
Rental for franchise goalie, no thanks.

Maybe if Parise was signed long term on a Bergon type deal and Tim Thomas was 30.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temego View Post
Nope.

Rask is worth much more.
Lots of backups have played in front of strong defenses only to falter once they moved teams and into a number one role.

I would not give up anything significant. There's a laundry list of goalies that were once great and now struggling -- Miller, Ward, Hillier, Bryzgalov.

Put Rask on the Leafs and watch his GAA balloon.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:27 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
He led the league in 09' in said stats... & he's doing it again this year. Better than Thomas, Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, Quick, Howard... why shouldn't he be considered top goaltender in the league right now if he's leading all goaltenders in arguably the most important statistical categories?
Please don't compare him to goalies like Lundqvist, Rinne etc.

Rask is great and is showing alot of potential. He'll replace Thomas when he retires (which should be soon).

Until Rask plays 60+ games and gets nominated to Vezina trophies don't compare him to Lundqvist. He's been carrying a struggling Rangers for years. Thank god our prospects and core is getting better each year.

He's the only goalie that has got 30+ wins in his first 6 seasons as a goaltender in NHL.

Boston has been a top team for years now + Rask shares his playing time with Thomas.

Lundqvist have mostly been a dominant force on a struggling Rangers ever since he came over. He deserves a Vezina, hopefully he keeps up his play and Rangers have a long playoff run so he can get more acknowledgement.

He's seen as a top 10 goalie in the league so he's not really underrated but he's not really as appreciated as he should be. I wouldn't take ****** Luongo + 1st 2012 + 1st 2013 from Canucks for him.

Lundqvist, Thomas and Rinne are top 3 in the league IMO. Rask is great but until he takes over as the 1st goalie and play 60+ games he's not comparable to Lundqvist.

With that said I seriously doubt that Boston will trade him. That would just be stupid since Thomas is getting quite old...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
northeastern

if the bruins moved tuukka i'd cry. so he's worth roughly the youtube clip of soldiers being reunited with their dogs...

but really i hope the bruins would ask for a huge over payment because timmy isn't getting younger and I don't want to go back to the no true #1 goalie days and I don't trust our goalie prospects. tuukka has shown time and again he can be a solid #1 goalie and has put up numbers that are hard to ignore even if he doesn't start every game like some goalies do.

but i agree with you RC24. he's not in top 3 in the league talk becaues of his start numbers, but as mentioned above i dont think he's a backup thats glorified because of the defense, he started a lot on 09 and took the starting stop from timmy, and is putting up amazing numbers again this year. he's not a sure fire top in the league starter (yet) but he also isn't a backup with ok numbers, he's in between as an emerging number one with a fe years of solid play.

Last edited by northeastern: 01-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.
northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
if the bruins moved tuukka i'd cry. so he's worth roughly the youtube clip of soldiers being reunited with their dogs...

but really i hope the bruins would ask for a huge over payment because timmy isn't getting younger and I don't want to go back to the no true #1 goalie days and I don't trust our goalie prospects. tuukka has shown time and again he can be a solid #1 goalie and has put up numbers that are hard to ignore even if he doesn't start every game like some goalies do.

but i agree with you RC24. he's not in top 3 in the league talk becaues of his start numbers, but as mentioned above i dont think he's a backup thats glorified because of the defense, he started a lot on 09 and took the starting stop from timmy, and is putting up amazing numbers again this year. he's not a sure fire top in the league starter (yet) but he also isn't a backup with ok numbers, he's in between as an emerging number one with a fe years of solid play.

I agree

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote