HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garrioch: Regier wants to get bigger - Roy being shopped

Old
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Frolik plays RW/LW on 3rd line

Bolland I cant see being moved unless maybe in summer ,,, But Bolland thrives in April-June

I would say Pirri (AHL Allstar this year) is available

With Kruger on NHL roster and Hayes/McNeill in pipelin I think Pirri is sorta stuck in a a situation were he is not a fit for Hawks longterm plans despite his strong play

Saad is going nowhere ,, If he did get traded it would be in package for much better player then Roy

Saad is Hawks best prospect and after his play in camp/preseason and OHL this year he has very strong shot to start next season back on Hawks roster

Doubt Bowman wants to trade Mcneill as he is high on him. If he does trade him not sure it would be for Roy

Hawks overpay badly there IMO

This

Hawks would likely role with

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Roy-Hossa
?-Bolland-Kruger

? = Hopefully an upgrade in trade or a guy like Andrew Shaw

No way the Hawks move 2 of those 3 for Derek Roy

Never gonna happen. Hawks are not gonna throw away C depth for a guy with injury history/struggling this year and only 1 1/2 years left on deal. Roy would solve our #2 C needs shorterm but gutting our C depth is not an option in system

Pirri already has an NHL ready offensive game. He is in AHL improving his defense the area he needs work on

Pirri was great in preseason/camp and it was down to him or Saad at end of Camp but it came down to the fact Saad's defensive game is better at this point in time + with Sharp out it was more pressing need for a winger to start year on Hawks

If I had to guess a trade between these teams given Roy's lackluster play and recent injury history something like this makes sense

To Hawks
C Derek Roy

To Sabres
C Brandon Pirri
LW Bryan Bickell
2nd round pick

Bickell adds size to Sabres lineup and is in need of change of scenery (Was 17 goal scorer as rookie last year) and Pirri is NHL ready now just needs work on his defensive game
Why would we bother wasting an asset like Roy on that package? He is struggling this year but is a 26+goal 70pt center.

Last edited by joshjull: 01-17-2012 at 10:46 PM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

If I had to guess a trade between these teams given Roy's lackluster play and recent injury history something like this makes sense

To Hawks
C Derek Roy

To Sabres
C Brandon Pirri
LW Bryan Bickell
2nd round pick

Bickell adds size to Sabres lineup and is in need of change of scenery (Was 17 goal scorer as rookie last year) and Pirri is NHL ready now just needs work on his defensive game
LMAO come on. I mean i understand you guys won't give up 2 of kruger and mcneill but at least 1 would have to come back, Roy is a 65-70 pt centre with a great cap hit, you gotta give something to get something and spare parts like Bickell isn't gonna get it done. We have enough wingers with sub 15 point seasons. I understand he's young but a couple of average potential prospects is lowballing

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
LMAO come on. I mean i understand you guys won't give up 2 of kruger and mcneill but at least 1 would have to come back, Roy is a 65-70 pt centre with a great cap hit, you gotta give something to get something and spare parts like Bickell isn't gonna get it done. We have enough wingers with sub 15 point seasons. I understand he's young but a couple of average potential prospects is lowballing
Lowballing is all Darcy's gonna get with these players. Position of weakness and stuff

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:24 PM
captaincrunch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
Even if it was speculation, I think any team that wants Getzlaf, or any superstar-caliber player, will have to give up something of equal (or pretty damn near close to it) value. Throw in teams that may be looking for that final piece, they may be willing to give up a big bounty to get him. Let me ask you this, why would Anaheim or Carolina want to give up a Getzlaf, Ryan, or Stall for the Derek Roys, Drew Staffords, or Ryan Millers?
Firstly its Staal. That bothers me to no end. Secondly, star players, when they are traded, tend to be for packages rather than other stars. Not saying Roy gets you Getzlaf. But I am saying that Roy+Stafford+McNabb+1st probably does.

captaincrunch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:54 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
Lowballing is all Darcy's gonna get with these players. Position of weakness and stuff
Then wait until the summer to move them when teams are looking to shape their rosters. No point in throwing away assets just to make a trade.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote