HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier in New Jersey

Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
vanejorg*

vCash: 500
One what? Reread my post. Guaranteed trips to the Stanley Cup playoffs, with a strong possibility of winning the Stanley Cup at least twice a decade, that's all I care about. Have a look at the Stanley Cup champions of the past two decades. No teams have won it while employing a team filled with smurfs, elves, gnomes, or 11 year olds.(I currently have an 11 year old who is as tall as 2 of the current players, and one of the prospects in the organization....ha ha ha ha!!!)

Last edited by vanejorg*: 01-17-2012 at 10:41 PM.
vanejorg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
vanejorg*

Sounds like the genetically inadequate trying to defend themselves(Perhaps shorter than 165 cm...to quote Arnold....that is a "girly-man's" height...ha ha ha) Facts are facts. There are a lot of jobs for you out there, but not in the NHL. That is a man's league. Right now Les Canadiens have about 8 players who are NOT NHL caliber due to their size. The correct steps were taken in the Bourque trade...now we need the rest gone and replaced by size, strength, and power. May the boom be lowered upon you, short, and/or wimpy one.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanejorg View Post
Sounds like the genetically inadequate trying to defend themselves(Perhaps shorter than 165 cm...to quote Arnold....that is a "girly-man's" height...ha ha ha) Facts are facts. There are a lot of jobs for you out there, but not in the NHL. That is a man's league. Right now Les Canadiens have about 8 players who are NOT NHL caliber due to their size. The correct steps were taken in the Bourque trade...now we need the rest gone and replaced by size, strength, and power. May the boom be lowered upon you, short, and/or wimpy one.
I partially agree. I think you can be that size and play in the NHL. But only as long as the entire team is not that size. Desharnais for instance does just fine and is able to play a really effective game flanked by Cole and Pacioretty. But put lines out there made up of Cammalleri, Plekanec, and Gionta like they've been doing and everyone just ends up sucking.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
SherbrookeW

For what it's worth...the New York papers have been filled with stuff about how near the Devils are to bankruptcy, or at least severe financial difficulty. Unloading that big contract might be a simple necessity for them, and the Habs could, in principle, handle it.
The idea that small players are of limited value in the NHL is so absurd -- Martin St. Louis? Mats Naslund? -- that it doesn't deserve a serious response. Learn from Sam Pollock: Stanley Cups are won by highly skilled, strong skating teams, with a good division of roles. There's a place for a Pierre Larouche (or D. D.) and a place for a Pierre Bouchard (or Rene Borque.) Teams are made by filling roles, not by dumping talent. The Canadiens tradition is to take smaller-sized and bigger -skilled talent seriously. Go outside of the Bell Center and look at the monument to Yvan Cournoyer. No, the game hasn't really changed since then.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
vanejorg*

I think it drives the point home. This team really needs to get "Gervaised". Since he is not available, I am stepping in to point out the cold hard facts. I couldn't give a flying ****** who it offends. These are facts. There is always a job for short guys as extras in the new smurfs movie, or perhaps in helping Santa prepare gifts at the North Pole, or even just playing hockey in one of the lesser leagues, if they really can't deal with their genetic inadequacies. You are obviously upset because you are either a fan boy, or parent of one of the "shorts", or fit the description yourself. In any case this is not 1975. This is 2012 and there is simply very limited space for the small in the NHL, and that's all there is to it. You want to talk about small players who are doing well. Fine. There are very few. See who they are surrounded by.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:26 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
I think it drives the point home. This team really needs to get "Gervaised". Since he is not available, I am stepping in to point out the cold hard facts. I couldn't give a flying ****** who it offends. These are facts. There is always a job for short guys as extras in the new smurfs movie, or perhaps in helping Santa prepare gifts at the North Pole, or even just playing hockey in one of the lesser leagues, if they really can't deal with their genetic inadequacies. You are obviously upset because you are either a fan boy, or parent of one of the "shorts", or fit the description yourself. In any case this is not 1975. This is 2012 and there is simply very limited space for the small in the NHL, and that's all there is to it. You want to talk about small players who are doing well. Fine. There are very few. See who they are surrounded by.
What's with this fixation you have? Never 'measured up' to Papa? Try some therapies that will help you separate your neuroses from your hockey commentary.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Is Martin St. Louis NHL calibre? What about Briere, Cammalleri, Gionta, Ennis, Marchand, Roy, Sullivan, Bouillon, Ellis, Enstrom, Patrick ******* Kane, Eberle, Weiss, Claude ********* Giroux, PM Bouchard, ect.? And what about the countless 5'11'' who really are 5'09''?

I'm just asking, are they NHL caliber?

Anyways results speak for themselves, being 6'4'' is not a prerequisite to success in the NHL. There are different types of players but of course its going to be easier to be talentless if you are 6 foot 5, since you can be a random goon. The best players however are those with a good mind for the game, skill and the drive to win. It has nothing to do with size, its just a factor.

It seems to me that some people are extremely insecure with the ''size'' of their ''hockey team'' it seems..

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
if we are getting kovalchuck, then im marrying heidi klum

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Perhaps you'd like the team which I get to watch live......yes, the one and only COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS.......

Of the Jackets' 12 top played forwards this season, all but two are listed at 6 feet tall or above. Those two are both 5'11".

This TALL team is so effective that I could have scored 2 lower bowl center ice seats last night for $5 each on stubhub.com

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 01-18-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Haha, I think I just woke up everyone in the house from laughing. Thanks MIG, you've made my morning.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
One could easily raise the point that its very possible just one of these smurfs, elves and gnomes might have more hockey talent than your entire family combined.

Its not bright to make absurdly silly and inconsequential arguments relating to your personal life...
In all fairness Frodo has a ring to prove otherwise.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:27 AM
habsjunkie2*

The guy suggesting not trading Markov for vinny was a big fail for this organization. HAHAHA. Go away. I wouldn't trade a one legged Markov with no shot at playing again for that horrible contract, that wouldn't guarantee ****.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:50 AM
yianik

Hockeys a physical game so you need big players to hit, be able to take hits, outmuscle guys in the corners and in front of the net. So you need size. Hockey is also a game of speed so you need fast players. Ideally you have a team where eveybody is over 6 foot 2 and can skate like Russ Courtnall but the fact is the bigger the player the slower he usually is. Smaller players are fine if you also have the big guys around. Look at the Flyers who are always considered a big team, they went out years ago and got Briere, Timonen ( 5foot 10) and they have Giroux ( 5 foot 11 and 172 ibs ), no problem because they also have lots of big guys. Like another poster wrote, Desharnais is fine fkanked by Cgle and Patches but if you had him with Cammy and Gionta its not likely hed be doing well.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:12 AM
euphrates

just woke up from a nightmare ... we had traded for Wade Redden

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Stone Cutter

I have a feeling the PG was meeting with an Agent of a player on the team. You don't travel unless you have to meet for several hours kr have several meeting. There are several agency based in NY. The NY vs NAS game was peobably just a bonus

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

It has all been cleared up. Goat was in NY/NJ to be the DJ at a bar.

https://twitter.com/#!/mariowroy/sta...92742270795777
Quote:
@mariowroy
Mario Roy
De DG à DJ, Pierre Gauthier "mixait" la musique dans un bar bien branché de New York, hier soir. #habs pic.twitter.com/OYH0NP8c

EDIT: MoenInGlory strikes again. Even got the media caught up in that one, just saw the pic posted a few pages back.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Perhaps you'd like the team which I get to watch live......yes, the one and only COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS.......

Of the Jackets' 12 top played forwards this season, all but two are listed at 6 feet tall or above. Those two are both 5'11".

This TALL team is so effective that I could have scored 2 lower bowl center ice seats last night for $5 each on stubhub.com

Reread my post. Height, size, strength, speed, and power(and let's also add an intelligence for the game). Only Rick Nash on your team fits these characteristics. He would look great in a Canadiens uniform. This is the exact point I have been trying to make in my latest posts. You want to trade him to us? The rest are useless, and that is why your team is losing. Montreal is losing because they are limited in all of the aspects above, except for speed(intelligence for the game is occasionally shown). However, it is nothing that the addition of a Rick Nash couldn't fix. Then again you better not be comparing the legendary Montreal Canadiens, who have won 24 championships(39 if you count all of the Montreal teams of the past 120 years), and should be winning at a clip of at least two per decade, to the lowly Jackets, who few people even care about if they were in the NHL or not.

Last edited by vanejorg*: 01-18-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
It has all been cleared up. Goat was in NY/NJ to be the DJ at a bar.

https://twitter.com/#!/mariowroy/sta...92742270795777

EDIT: MoenInGlory strikes again. Even got the media caught up in that one, just saw the pic posted a few pages back.

This can't be.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
This can't be.
I had to prove it was a fake. Next time I'll shut up and see how far it goes

Moen in Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
You should've done that lol

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
MiG, trolling the Quebec media from France.

Awesome.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
You are absolutely right, this team needs more Laraque.

My 11 year old son is 6'2, 210 of pure muscle and benchpresses 300 lbs. Anyone out there not as good as my 11 yr old son shouldn't be playing the the NHL.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-18-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: deleted comment
Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:37 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
You are absolutely right, this team needs more Laraque.

My 11 year old son is 6'2, 210 of pure muscle and benchpresses 300 lbs. Anyone out there not as good as my 11 yr old son shouldn't be playing the the NHL.
Does your son have Shaquille O'Neill, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar genetics?....or are you making this all up to entertain the masses.

Last edited by vanejorg*: 01-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old
01-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Amidst all your quality Photoshop work, this was perhaps the best because it truly did look like a real picture. International trolling ftw.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The guy suggesting not trading Markov for vinny was a big fail for this organization. HAHAHA. Go away. I wouldn't trade a one legged Markov with no shot at playing again for that horrible contract, that wouldn't guarantee ****.

You could use his one good leg to kick yourself in the ass! Where have those days gone when Montreal would hands down win all trades? This would have been a glorious return to those days, as with Vincent we would now be in the playoffs, while laughing at Tampa Bay for acquiring someone who is NOT playing for them, and perhaps never will. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID....that was!