HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take for Parise

Old
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Alexdockery97NSH
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Alexdockery97NSH
What would it take for Parise

What's it gonna take to get Parise or any other top 6 forward

Alexdockery97NSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

For Parise? A stomach pain. The guy is going to be a hot commodity if he is available. I think BTN's proposal of Wilson, Ellis, Linders, and a first is a pretty good offer.

For Ryan? Less. Anaheim is dead in the water. Ryan is not Parise. It still takes a good offer because of the bidding war, but I think we can remove Wilson from the above offer and be ok. Maybe add in SK or Hornqvist if need be

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdockery97NSH View Post
What's it gonna take to get Parise or any other top 6 forward
Parise is a top 3, not a top 6

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

IMO... Parise is a top 1

But I think the question is more, "What does it take to get Parise (a top three) or, if that deal does not exist, a top six?"

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 01-17-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: came off as crude
Old
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Alexdockery97NSH
Rookie User

What about Klein, Watson and a 2nd

Old
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

For Parise? I don't think that happens. For a top 6? Yeah probably. It looks like this trade deadline is open business for forwards

Old
01-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Alexdockery97NSH
Rookie User

Now that VRD has a concussion, do you think there's any business we can make with Philly? Also, do u really think VRD is that good or did he just get caught in the mix in a highly offensive team

Old
01-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

I got Parise for Blum and a 1st. =)

I think we would have to give up alot more than we are willing to pay (looking at you, David) to get Parise.

We may get Ryan, but I'm too used to Stand Pat Poile to get my hopes up again.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

I'm gonna pass on parise after thinking it over.. rentals never work that well. its a coin toss.. take a run at parise this summer.

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
For Parise? A stomach pain. The guy is going to be a hot commodity if he is available. I think BTN's proposal of Wilson, Ellis, Linders, and a first is a pretty good offer.

For Ryan? Less. Anaheim is dead in the water. Ryan is not Parise. It still takes a good offer because of the bidding war, but I think we can remove Wilson from the above offer and be ok. Maybe add in SK or Hornqvist if need be
No way any rental gets that much. That is nearly the cost of a signed Parise.

Ryan would get more than Parise right now strictly because of the contract situations.

I'm sure in the end, all this talk about all these big name players being available will end up being untrue, but Poile will still be blamed for not obtaining them. My money is on Parise staying a Devil.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:40 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Apparently the devils financial situation isn't so great. Parise is likely to be available as a ufa this summer. If its gonna take three roster players plus a pick to get him as a rental I say pass and throw a big offer at him july 1.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:46 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Apparently the devils financial situation isn't so great. Parise is likely to be available as a ufa this summer. If its gonna take three roster players plus a pick to get him as a rental I say pass and throw a big offer at him july 1.
just what I said. its not worth it.. not to mention, we'll lose him in FA more than likely.

Old
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
just what I said. its not worth it.. not to mention, we'll lose him in FA more than likely.
Put me in this group as well. Too much. I just want to sign Suter, add a decent scorer (mid-level, not expensive), and maybe a bottom pairing D and hit the playoffs.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Put me in this group as well. Too much. I just want to sign Suter, add a decent scorer (mid-level, not expensive), and maybe a bottom pairing D and hit the playoffs.
me too.. don't sell the farm for a rental. only 1 team wins in the end anyways.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I must clarify and say that I would love to get him as a rental, but only at a rental price.

Lindback and blum are parts we won't miss. I'd give them plus a first and I will even throw in a conditional 2nd in 2013 if he signs with us long term.

I think of he does come here, Suter and Weber both stay, we will be a real threat to go deep in the playoffs, and I think we would have a decent shot at signing him long term.

But I won't give away SK or Wilson or Horns or Ellis on a rental

Old
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Alexdockery97NSH
Rookie User

Quote:
I must clarify and say that I would love to get him as a rental, but only at a rental price.

Lindback and blum are parts we won't miss. I'd give them plus a first and I will even throw in a conditional 2nd in 2013 if he signs with us long term.

I think of he does come here, Suter and Weber both stay, we will be a real threat to go deep in the playoffs, and I think we would have a decent shot at signing him long term.

But I won't give away SK or Wilson
or Horns or Ellis on a
rental

I agree I don't want to give up Wilson, SK or Hornqvist but maybe Ellis

Old
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Iron Duke

I'd use the Kovalchuk deal as a template.

At the time:
-young player with top 6 upside
-#4-5 veteran d-man
-solid two-way forward prospect

All I know is probably too rich for my tastes.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Legionnaire11

then when the summer rolls around everyone will say "it would have been stupid to get into the bidding war for Parise, Team X overspent big time on him, we're better off with the kids maturing"

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
braindead

If Suter is signed, do whatever it takes. In fact, offer to do whatever it takes to Suter if he will sign.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:32 AM
AEM6729

Quote:

But I won't give away SK or Wilson or Horns or Ellis on a rental
I agree. It would be amazing if we could get him at the deadline for Linback, Blum and picks though!

Under what conditions do you think NJ would consider dealing him at the deadline? They're kinda in the same situation we find ourselves in with Suter...they're currently a playoff team and losing Parise at the deadline definitely hurts their chances of making the playoffs and/or going deep if they do make it. They have to choose between keeping him for a playoff run, or dealing him for whatever they can get.

I just don't see how moving Parise...especially for Lindback, Blum and picks...makes any sense from NJ's perspective. If I were them, nothing you'd get in a rental trade is comparable to the value of having him on your team for the playoffs. At the same time, losing him for absolutely nothing hurts.

Gah, he is the Suter of NJ.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:00 AM
token grinder

I will ask, who is VRD? I assume he is talking JVR, but V-J. R-V and D-R are not exactly right next to each other on a keyboard. OK, maybe D and R, but you get the point.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I will ask, who is VRD? I assume he is talking JVR, but V-J. R-V and D-R are not exactly right next to each other on a keyboard. OK, maybe D and R, but you get the point.
im guessing VanReimsDyk

Old
01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I agree. It would be amazing if we could get him at the deadline for Linback, Blum and picks though!

Under what conditions do you think NJ would consider dealing him at the deadline? They're kinda in the same situation we find ourselves in with Suter...they're currently a playoff team and losing Parise at the deadline definitely hurts their chances of making the playoffs and/or going deep if they do make it. They have to choose between keeping him for a playoff run, or dealing him for whatever they can get.

I just don't see how moving Parise...especially for Lindback, Blum and picks...makes any sense from NJ's perspective. If I were them, nothing you'd get in a rental trade is comparable to the value of having him on your team for the playoffs. At the same time, losing him for absolutely nothing hurts.

Gah, he is the Suter of NJ.
Yes, and no.

Like Suter, he's an impending UFA at season's end. So there are some definite similarities with that.

However, as I touched on briefly in my column, the situation of each team is different.

Suter finds himself on a team with no elite forward, but two elite defensemen and an elite goalie. His current team also has a bunch of really good depth players at every position. Finally, his current team has a lot of cap space both this year and next and have stated they intend to utilize almost all (if not all) of it.

Parise finds himself on a team which he is the captain. He likely can't get a deal similar to Kovy, the team's other elite forward. The New Jersey blueline consists of good depth players, but no franchise defensemen. Hall of Fame goaltender Brodeur is nearing the end of his career and isn't the elite goaltender he once was- and it's unclear who will follow him. Finally, the Devils are very near to being declared in default of an $80 million loan after months being given to make payments. There is a very real concern that the team may go into bankruptcy.

Last edited by David Singleton: 01-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Yes, and no.

Like Suter, he's an impending UFA at season's end. So there are some definite similarities with that.

However, as I touched on briefly in my column, the situation of each team is different.

Suter finds himself on a team with no elite forward, but two elite defensemen and an elite goalie. His current team also has a bunch of really good depth players at every position. Finally, his current team has a lot of cap space both this year and next and have stated they intend to utilize almost all (if not all) of it.

Parise finds himself on a team which he is the captain. He likely can't get a deal similar to Kovy, the other team's elite forward. The New Jersey blueline consists of good depth players, but no franchise defensemen. Hall of Fame goaltender Brodeur is nearing the end of his career and isn't the elite goaltender he once was- and it's unclear who will follow him. Finally, the Devils are very near to being declared in default of an $80 million loan after months being given to make payments. There is a very real concern that the team may go into bankruptcy.
Yet, fans on our board don't see the big picture or they do but are still in denial. In all honesty, I don't know if our ownership can afford to extend Parise because of the $$$ issues that's been going on with our owner JVB. To me, that's the main reason why he got a one year deal. Lou probably told Zach to accept a one year deal and wait for the ownership issues to resolve itselfs, threw the year, on it's own.

Nothing has changed since last summer and the trade deadline is approaching whitout any signs of a new owner purchasing the team anytime soon. If Lou keeps Parise around for our playoff push when knowing we won't have the cash to offer him the type of contract he truly deserves, I'll be one pissed off NJD fan.

Unlike the majority of our board, I'd rather deal him to a team that's willing to give us a solid package for the upcoming years then keep him around for a pipedream scenario that has us going all the way when we currently have a mediocre blueline and the oldest goaltender duo in the game.

There's a couple of teams in the West that can offer us a solid package and those teams are the Kings, the Blues and yes, the Preds. We are in desperate need of bluechip blueliners and would welcome a Voynov, a Cole or a Ellis with picks, prospects and a roster player.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

Nothing has changed since last summer and the trade deadline is approaching whitout any signs of a new owner purchasing the team anytime soon. If Lou keeps Parise around for our playoff push when knowing we won't have the cash to offer him the type of contract he truly deserves, I'll be one pissed off NJD fan.

Unlike the majority of our board, I'd rather deal him to a team that's willing to give us a solid package for the upcoming years then keep him around for a pipedream scenario that has us going all the way when we currently have a mediocre blueline and the oldest goaltender duo in the game.
If push comes to shove, this is the attitude that Preds fans should have for Suter/Webs. That being said...if we were able to land Parise, those scenarios likely wouldn't come to fruition.

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote