HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals vs. Montreal Canadiens-7:30pm EST RDS(HD),TSN

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 02:03 AM
oleHABSole*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Those that want to tank are fine by me. I'm sort of tweening on the idea myself depending how this stretch against playoff rivals goes, but remember one thing... no team in the NHL tanks on purpose except for a couple of the few remaining games if they have no chance what so ever. Expect our faithfuls to at least try and make a run for it, they deserve our support right now.
Especially when we were in the same spot a few years back at this time. Of course losing Markov for the first time in the playoffs didn't help.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
It's a fundamental rule of principle! you sound like a tool...hockey has nothing to do with brainwashing, and FYI there is no Gawd!.

Go Habs Go! Big game

FYI you can't prove there isn't just like he can't prove there is

Old
01-18-2012, 02:10 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
It's a fundamental rule of principle! you sound like a tool...hockey has nothing to do with brainwashing, and FYI there is no Gawd!.
I may sound like a tool to you but the reality is I am right and you are wrong. You said it yourself "It's a FUNDAMENTAL rule of principle !

You are a fundamentalist ! you sound exactly like the delusional religious people!

next year it will be 20 years without a cup, I hope your are happy with being a STATIST for all those years !

Old
01-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
It's that same mentality that got us GOMEZ-GIONTA-CAMMALLERI-SPACEK-GILL 3 years ago LOL. Instead of building from the ground to up, we decided in panic mode to sign players so that we can make the playoffs!

We would be so much better if we would have waited and build from the ground up that year !

But I get you man, let's do it again, and again, and again, and again. one day it will work !
And you know what? The first year Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri-Spacek-Gill came in Montreal, we went to the Conference Final. Oh wait, you'll tell me that Halak did all the job of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I really see it as a pragmatic viewpoint. The playoff math is quite daunting and many of us feel that tanking helps this team in the long run so they can actually open a window of contention. Feel free to disagree with me, just remember that I am still a true fan and will remain so. I want them to win, I just see in a season like this one, a high draft pick may be the bigger prize than a 8th place finish and a first round exit.
I am still a true fan even if they do not make the playoffs.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:14 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
And you know what? The first year Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri-Spacek-Gill came in Montreal, we went to the Conference Final. Oh wait, you'll tell me that Halak did all the job of course.
He didn't do ALL the JOB, but he is the MAIN MAIN MAIN reason they went that far, and saying the contrary is ludicrous !

Haven't you watch the playoffs that year ? He stood on his head until the conference finals were he had no juice left in him. Go back and rewatch those games ! I remember ! He was called the SAVIOR back then LOL, no wonder !

Last edited by ReneBourque27*: 01-18-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old
01-18-2012, 02:17 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Go Habs Go! Big game

FYI you can't prove there isn't just like he can't prove there is
We wouldn't have billions of galaxies out there in the universe. This planet Earth is meaningless, It's like that dust in a ray of light. Do you know about the ''Ultra Deep Field''? it's 33 billion light years away, nobody on this planet is smart enough to comprehend and understand what that really means, It's just too far away.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
yes he did, haven't you watch the playoffs that year ? He stood on his head until the conference finals were he had no juice left in him. Go back and rewatch those games ! I remember ! He was called the SAVIOR back then LOOL
I can't rewatch those games because I would be too happy to tell you that Cammy and Gionta were in "god" mode.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:20 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
I may sound like a tool to you but the reality is I am right and you are wrong. You said it yourself "It's a FUNDAMENTAL rule of principle !

You are a fundamentalist ! you sound exactly like the delusional religious people!

next year it will be 20 years without a cup, I hope your are happy with being a STATIST for all those years !
Oh no...20 years...you do know that's only 19 tries and there are 30 teams in the league, right?

Old
01-18-2012, 02:20 AM
poetryinmotion

Can this GDT not become a Halak vs Price debate?

I know I will shock most of you when I say this, but **** Halak he is gone.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:21 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Oh no...20 years...you do know that's only 19 tries and there are 30 teams in the league, right?
let's make it 50 tries then with the same mentality before achieving the goal !

Old
01-18-2012, 02:22 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Ugh, I hate when people don't think tank nation are real fans. We all want whats best for the team, some of us (like me) believe its best to write the season off.
Tank Nation aren't real fans, IMO.

Being okay with your team losing and essentially "tanking" is fine.

Cheering for your team to lose? Not a real fan as far as I'm concerned.

If we finish last and draft Yakupov, I'll definitely be happy that we got such an elite player. But I will never, under no circumstance, cheer against my team. That's not being a fan.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:22 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
We wouldn't have billions of galaxies out there in the universe. This planet Earth is meaningless, It's like that dust in a ray of light. Do you know about the ''Ultra Deep Field''? it's 33 billion light years away, nobody on this planet is smart enough to comprehend and understand what that really means, It's just too far away.
Loll, god of the gap argument, dude take your leap of faith elsewhere

Old
01-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can this GDT not become a Halak vs Price debate?

I know I will shock most of you when I say this, but **** Halak he is gone.
Yeah I'll stop the debate here. I don't think it's the right place to do it and we came on it (goalies, 2010 playoffs) often in the past.

Good night everybody!

Old
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
let's make it 50 tries then with the same mentality before achieving the goal !
you twist everything around, just saying it's not like we've been cursed or something, It's not like we don't have a chance to make the playoffs, how about you go on a tank mode after these two weeks, then you can come back next season and be a Habs fan again

Old
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
But I will never, under no circumstance, cheer against my team. That's not being a fan.
I disagree, and anyways you have no authority over anybody like i have no authority over you. At the end of the day it's a subjective issue, not an objective one.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:28 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I disagree, and anyways you have no authority over anybody like i have no authority over you. At the end of the day it's a subjective issue, not an objective one.
Did I say I had any authority over you? It's just my opinion. And you will never convince me that it's okay to cheer against the team you support.

I'd much prefer a chance at the Stanley Cup then a chance at possibly, maybe, getting a player that is going to help us win some games. Like an 18-year-old will come in and will save the day.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:29 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Loll, god of the gap argument, dude take your leap of faith elsewhere
'' gap argument'' clearly we're not alone, where there is water, there is life, if the planet is in a habitable zone. so are we God's favroite too, his side project? lol

Old
01-18-2012, 02:32 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
19 years and still counting, what will it takes for you to realize what needs to be done ?

You want to make the playoffs ? I want a freaking Stanley Cup !
No guarantee that if we tank and finish dead last, that we will come back with a great team because of one great pick. This team is too good to finish dead last, if you finish 2nd or 3rd from bottom no guarntee your going to get the 1st overall.
I think if we finish on a bad not this season it hurts the overall confidence of the players involoved. I think with new pieces added we need to get some chemistry and confidence going.
Granted, if we go on a tear and then finish 1 or 2 points out of a playoff spot that will certanly bite, but I think getting a great pick is a consolation prize for having at crap season and not a goal we should all set for the team.

Old
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
It's not like we don't have a chance to make the playoffs, how about you go on a tank mode after these two weeks, then you can come back next season and be a Habs fan again
The tank mode is already NATURALLY in progress. The problem is Gauthier picking up guys like Kaberle at 4.25 million for 2 more years, wishing he will bring us a cup this year, because as you said, we have a chance !

Let's trade every young player ! Who cares about the future ? we have a chance to win now, let's do it !

2009-2010 - Let's trade Mcdonagh for Gomez ! WE WANT TO WIN NOW !... OHH GAINEY PRAISE YOU, YOU ALL SO AWESOME (ELLERCOPTER)

Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:

If we finish last and draft Yakupov, I'll definitely be happy that we got such an elite player. But I will never, under no circumstance, cheer against my team. That's not being a fan.
i live in china and i still manage to watch every game - even though that means i have to watch a ****** quality stream and i have to wake up at 7:30 am to watch the games, sometimes even having to call work to say i'll be late just so that i can finish the third period.

tell me again who's not a real fan?

as far as what i said: i'll never cheer them to lose, but i don't mind them losing. this season is nothing short of a cluster****.

my post was in jest and since i've been posting here for two years i didn't think i'd have to add ---->

Old
01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
'' gap argument'' clearly we're not alone, where there is water, there is life, if the planet is in a habitable zone. so are we God's favroite too, his side project? lol
simple answer : "I don't know" and neither do you! And I won't use your god of the gap argument and make an intellectual suicide on the basis on not knowing.

Anyway it's a hockey board not a religious one!

Old
01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
The tank mode is already NATURALLY in progress. The problem is Gauthier picking up guys like Kaberle at 4.25 million for 2 more years, wishing he will bring us a cup this year, because as you said, we have a chance !

Let's trade every young player ! Who cares about the future ? we have a chance to win now, let's do it !

2009-2010 - Let's trade Mcdonagh for Gomez ! WE WANT TO WIN NOW !... OHH GAINEY PRAISE YOU, YOU ALL SO AWESOME (ELLERCOPTER)
I used to hate Ace-King in poker, cuz I would only remember the times I lost with it. Quick! make sure to write down for next season that you're a Habs fan again

Old
01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

I don't think we (or at least I) cheer against the team. I don't boo our players and I don't actively want them to lose, I just have no issue with them losing and would actually prefer it. I guess I'm cheering for them in the long run, and as I said before, I see an elite prospect as the more reachable prize right now. Its kind of difficult to explain. I'm happy when they win right after the game, but happy they lose in the long term this year.

EDIT: Wow, just read what I wrote and its mostly gibberish, guess its time for bed. Suffice to say, I consider myself a fan, even if I perfer if we lose. Then again, I think everyone on this forum a true fan, because we dedicate free time to discuss our team passionately. Just because we differ opinions, doesn't make either of us less of a fan.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
simple answer : "I don't know" and neither do you! And I won't use your god of the gap argument and make an intellectual suicide on the basis on not knowing.

Anyway it's a hockey board not a religious one!
good so don't judge the season before it's over, but it's O.K you'll be a Habs fan again next season
btw you brought religion into this.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:

I'd much prefer a chance at the Stanley Cup then a chance at possibly, maybe, getting a player that is going to help us win some games. Like an 18-year-old will come in and will save the day.
It's better having an 18 years old come in and save the day than a 30-31 years old on the decline coming here who only has 2-3 good years left in him.

Closed Thread