HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller Trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 12:57 AM
mattcooke649

vCash: 500
Miller Trade

So it sounds like Miller wants out and i would love him in a chicago uniform

how does Crawford Kane for Miller Roy work?

We upgrade our Goalie position and we get our #2 C that we need? loosing kane would really hurt but i think it would also be good cause it would leave a permanent spot open for either Hayes or Shaw?

What you guys think?

Old
01-18-2012, 12:59 AM
BiBoFro*

At the moment. Crawford=Miller, Kane>Roy.

So "if" there was to be a trade, there would likely need to be something added on Buffalo's part.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
mattcooke649

at the moment yes i agree with you....but career wise im thinking Miller is alot better probably a top 3 in the league

Old
01-18-2012, 01:04 AM
BiBoFro*

True, but we're talking in perspective, of this very moment in time. As the current situation is with the Buffalo Sabres and their mangled record, it wouldn't be wise to look at future projections of what he might be able to do, and pull the trigger on the trade.

Also, this trade would probably have to happen in the off season.... unless Crawford falls apart mentally, then it'd be a deadline deal.

I just don't see fair value though in your current trade as Roy is partially injured. Maybe if you included Kassian/Pysyk + a pick? Switch our firsts.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:08 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Not a chance. If this year has taught us anything, it's that we need to spend even less money on goaltending.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Not a chance. If this year has taught us anything, it's that we need to spend even less money on goaltending.
Be practical, not impossible.

What, do you think Emery will usurp Crawford by the end of year, therefore making good of your claims?

Oh, but let me guess, then the wheel turns again and next season, Salak will usurp Emery since he's making less than him..

But wait, there's more! Kent Simpson will usurp Salak for league minimum pay!

And then---....

Like I said, be practical, not impossible.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:15 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Miller wants out to go to the West coast, where his wife is an actress in LA. While he doesn't have a full NTC, he never the less if he understands the situation and the fact the Sabres would probably never trade him in conference, he can block the right teams. Not saying he would do that, but it would be interesting to hear his stance on it. I doubt Buffalo deals him at his lowest value, but I am sure if the Hawks were to make Kane available they would offer just about anything to get the native son home. But as a Detroit fan this move doesn't worry me all that much.

Miller's career numbers against Detroit.

vs Detroit
GP GS MIN W L T OTL EGA GA GAA SA
10 10 569 2 6 0 2 1 35 3.69 321

SV SV% SO

286 .891 0

Old
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
mattcooke649

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
True, but we're talking in perspective, of this very moment in time. As the current situation is with the Buffalo Sabres and their mangled record, it wouldn't be wise to look at future projections of what he might be able to do, and pull the trigger on the trade.

Also, this trade would probably have to happen in the off season.... unless Crawford falls apart mentally, then it'd be a deadline deal.

I just don't see fair value though in your current trade as Roy is partially injured. Maybe if you included Kassian/Pysyk + a pick? Switch our firsts.
to chicago

Miller
Pysyk
Buff 1st
Roy

to buff

Kane
Crawford
Chi 1st
Pirri

i think this would work great for both teams as they now get a C

Old
01-18-2012, 01:20 AM
BiBoFro*

I could get on board with that deal if the pick was high.

Or rather, give us Kassian instead of Pysyk back. That would even everything out.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:32 AM
RomersWorld*

No ****ing way would I trade Kane for any goalie, especially one that is 30+ years old.

I'd much rather acquire a Corey Schneider, Jonathan Berniet, Jacob Markstrom, Josh Harding type.

Good goalies pop up all the time. If we want a high paid goalie we can get one in free agency and I would be completely against it. I wonder if the Flyers regret the Ilya Bryz signing. My guess is yes.

It isn't worth trading a top 5 RWer for a goalie who isn't even doing that well. It just isn't worth it.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:34 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
No ****ing way would I trade Kane for any goalie, especially one that is 30+ years old.

I'd much rather acquire a Corey Schneider, Jonathan Berniet, Jacob Markstrom, Josh Harding type.

Good goalies pop up all the time. If we want a high paid goalie we can get one in free agency and I would be completely against it. I wonder if the Flyers regret the Ilya Bryz signing. My guess is yes.

It isn't worth trading a top 5 RWer for a goalie who isn't even doing that well. It just isn't worth it.
So would you be opposed to the Hawks signing Anders Lindback?

Old
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Sarava

Miller is having a bad year. Why on earth would we trade Patrick Kane for him? That makes no sense.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
mattcooke649

all of Buffalo is having a bad year but looking at career numbers Miller probably top 3 goalies in the NHL and i can easily see with him in our line up get the Cup this year.

Dont get my wrong i think we can win with crawford but i would feel much better going into it with miller

Old
01-18-2012, 01:54 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcooke649 View Post
all of Buffalo is having a bad year but looking at career numbers Miller probably top 3 goalies in the NHL and i can easily see with him in our line up get the Cup this year.

Dont get my wrong i think we can win with crawford but i would feel much better going into it with miller
Kane's having a slightly off year too but that's no reason to trade him.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM
brtriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
Be practical, not impossible.

What, do you think Emery will usurp Crawford by the end of year, therefore making good of your claims?

Oh, but let me guess, then the wheel turns again and next season, Salak will usurp Emery since he's making less than him..

But wait, there's more! Kent Simpson will usurp Salak for league minimum pay!

And then---....

Like I said, be practical, not impossible.
There is anything but practicality in this post.

The impact of an additional number four defenseman greatly outweighs the marginal improvement that comes with a top tier netminder compared to the solid numbers we have already. That's where that money should be allocated in addition to a top-six forward.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcooke649 View Post

So for a slight chance at an upgrade in goaltending...you want to give up Patrick Kane? Do you understand how valuable Kaner is? Better yet...are you really a Hawks fan...or maybe a Sabres fan?

If we're trading a Patrick Kane, there better be a Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getlaf or Corey Perry type player coming back... not a goaltender... and not somebody having a crappy year and that has a bad contract.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Kane's having a slightly off year too but that's no reason to trade him.
It could be argued that Kane's slightly off year is the Hawks fault for jerking him to and from the center position.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:05 AM
brtriad

And cut out this "we" crap. No one joins the board with the name mattcooke, says to trade Kane, and calls themselves a Hawks fan.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:10 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It could be argued that Kane's slightly off year is the Hawks fault for jerking him to and from the center position.
I think it's got a lot more to do with the fact that he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot lately.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:14 AM
brtriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
I think it's got a lot more to do with the fact that he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot lately.
He's always been like that. He picks the corner top shelf on every single shot. He'll shoot high and wide then nail some unbelievable shots that will make you forget all about the misses.

He does need to alter his shots. Take a page out of Toews', or Hoss's book. They get a good portion of their goals either five hole or below the blocker/glove.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'd take him. Proven #1 Goalie who wants out of BUF

No way they get Kane for a Goalie. They would get Emery/CC + futures

Old
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
mattcooke649

i am a hawks fan without a doubt i love kane...but with our current roster and forward prospects we can afford to trade away kane without destroying our team

plus getting a top 15 pick in a deep draft year, a highly touted D prospect, a top 3 NHL goalie, and our #2C position need filled. i think is a good value for him. and would make us a very scary team more so then we already are come playoff time rolls around

Old
01-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no, we can't afford to trade Kane. not just because this guy is elite, but we would open a hole on the Roster.

and about your value... look at the recent Goalie trades. Halak for prospects only, Varlamov for Picks only, Rumor was that COL would have traded #11 overall at last years draft + young player for Schneider.

NO WAY you give up Kane when Goalie isn't your biggest need. No way you trade Kane. If you really are a Hawks fan and love Kane, you wouldn't even consider this.

Miller for pick + Pirri is the max I would give up for him.
After that we would need to trade CC/Emery to TB or another Team with Goalie needs.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:13 AM
EmeticDonut

Players like Kane don't come around very often and to trade him for a declining goalie and some center is foolish. Crazy talk. Miller is overpaid and his couple of good years were a fluke. Even if he rebounds, I'd still keep Kane. The time of paying goalies over $5m is over. Rather use that cash to build some depth and work on team defense so that a cheaper goalie can do the work. And to be frank, comparing a goalie making $3M a year to one making $6M a year, is the difference between those two really that big to be worth $3M? I think not. I think the last couple of years has shown that giving monster contracts to goalies isn't really such a good idea.

Old
01-18-2012, 06:44 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Need to go dig up my Samir from Office Space pic for this thread...

Closed Thread