HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals vs. Montreal Canadiens-7:30pm EST RDS(HD),TSN

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 02:47 AM
ReneBourque27*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
btw you brought religion into this.
I simply made an analogy at first, but you took it on another level

Old
01-18-2012, 02:58 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
It's better having an 18 years old come in and save the day than a 30-31 years old on the decline coming here who only has 2-3 good years left in him.
Yes, except this is the Montreal Canadiens and we will draft Patrik Stefan version 2.0.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Toro

How many pages r u guys gonna debate tank or not to tank? This is a gdt no?

Habs 4-2

Old
01-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Phozzwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
How is anyone on this board who encourages writing off the season a bandwagoner? We still actively discuss the team, watch games, go to games and buy merchandize. Don't tell me how to be a fan and I wont tell you how to be a fan. If I were a bandwagoner, I'd go cheer for one of the upper echelon teams or just quit following hockey cold turkey. This is a forum where we can discuss hockey and many of the subtopics that entails. I encourage writing off the season because I feel that this team can't make the playoffs and it may be better served looking at retooling for the future. I have no connection to the management, but I as a fan am entitled to my opinion, as are you. I wont belittle you for perceived acceptance of mediocrity and you can stop calling fans like me "fairweather" and "bandwagoner" because we don't have as much faith in the team as you.

We are all dedicated habs fans (enough to post on forums) and should be united by that fact, not divided. Don't judge me and I wont judge you.

I really see it as a pragmatic viewpoint. The playoff math is quite daunting and many of us feel that tanking helps this team in the long run so they can actually open a window of contention. Feel free to disagree with me, just remember that I am still a true fan and will remain so. I want them to win, I just see in a season like this one, a high draft pick may be the bigger prize than a 8th place finish and a first round exit.

See this is the thing that I don't understand. How do you know that because we finish 8th we are going to make a 1st round exit. You claim to be this big Habs/hockey fan yet you must not have been watching them for very long. Do you not remember them finishing in 8th and knocking off the 1st place Bruins? Or how about the 2010 playoffs, when the Habs were the 8th seed and knocked of the first place Capitals. Then everyone wrote them off against the Penguins and they beat them too. Playoff hockey is a completely different game, and anyone can beat anyone. The facts are there, you don't give up on your team when they are 8 points back of the final playoff spot this early in the season. There is still 37 games left, with 3 really important games coming up. They are coming off a huge win against the top team in the league and with the addition to Bourque and Gomez coming back and having 2 strong games, you don't know whats going to happen. The true Habs fan are not writing them off yet, and you shouldn't be either.

Old
01-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Phozzwald

Oh and BTW Habs 3-1.

Habs
Subban
Cole
BOURQUE

Caps
Ovechkin

Old
01-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Leo Getz

Expecting a big game tonight, I think we come out flying and take this.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Habs178

Lets win this boys!! I STILL BELIEVE!

"To disbelieve is easy; to scoff is simple; to have faith is harder"
~ Louis L'Amour
I've got the faith!

Old
01-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Halifaxhab*

No matter what the players won't quit. weather they are 30th or 1st. Anyone who has ever played understands that.

Now, as to the Game.

I can see a win here. And if Bourque is a target, that will get him involved even more than he was against the NYR....and he was solid then.

If Bourque scores the crowd will go bananas.

I like what RC is doing with the 11 Fwds and 7 D. I think it's starting to payoff.

I see a win 4-2 (EN by Blunden)

Old
01-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Man, what's up with Washington this year? I mean seriously these guys were touted as the team to beat this year. They started off amazingly well and then... just died.

Ovechkin finally seems to be coming around and interested in playing hockey again but man... that guy has been a huge disapointment this year. Can't believe they're sitting there fighting for a playoff spot.

Biggest disapointment in the league this year in my opinion. LA comes close too.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:40 AM
BigHabs

They should keep a winning formula.

They beat one of the top teams in the east. Keep it together, change it up if need be during the game.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Caps are horrible lately, even as bad as we are I still think we should be able to win this one. No Backstrom for them, thanks Rene

Old
01-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Ugh, I hate when people don't think tank nation are real fans. We all want whats best for the team, some of us (like me) believe its best to write the season off.
Well, I hope that our GM will make rebuilding moves.
I hope that we get younger talent that we can build from in the future.
I realize that we'll probably slide in the standings because of this and will probably benefit from it.

I can't cheer against my team though... I just can't.

The GM SHOULD be rebuilding this club. That said, the players and coaches have to do whatever they can to win. They are the footsoldiers and it's up to them to try to win every battle.

I'll sit there as usual in my Hab jersey and cheer for us to win. I take heart when we lose right now because I don't think this club is good enough to accomplish anything.

Still, it hurts when we lose man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Caps are horrible lately, even as bad as we are I still think we should be able to win this one. No Backstrom for them, thanks Rene
Backstrom's been their most productive player too. He was on pace for something like 90+ points when he went down.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Ovechkin with 4 goals tonight.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yes, except this is the Montreal Canadiens and we will draft Patrik Stefan version 2.0.
Please don't say that.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:47 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Man, what's up with Washington this year? I mean seriously these guys were touted as the team to beat this year. They started off amazingly well and then... just died.

Ovechkin finally seems to be coming around and interested in playing hockey again but man... that guy has been a huge disapointment this year. Can't believe they're sitting there fighting for a playoff spot.

Biggest disapointment in the league this year in my opinion. LA comes close too.
Caps are 7-3 in their last 10 games

Not a coincident that they are 3-3 since Backstrom has been out.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Jerky

by my calculations we need to go 22 - 7 - 8 (at worst) the rest of the way to make the playoffs this year.

That would give us 94 pts. Washington is currently in 8th place and is on pace for 93 pts.

Any more than 8 regulation losses and we're done like dinner.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgolt View Post
very smart for him to say that. now if anyone of the caps is stupid enough to do something, Shanny will see it as pre-meditated
Not likely. Someone will probably challenge him to a fight, a la Gaustad on Lucic.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
by my calculations we need to go 22 - 7 - 8 (at worst) the rest of the way to make the playoffs this year.

That would give us 94 pts. Washington is currently in 8th place and is on pace for 93 pts.

playoffs.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:06 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:

so in other words, we're missing the playoffs

Old
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

22-7-8 is not really realistic. More like 25-10-2. But neither is realistic from a Habs standpoint.

I would prefer to lose a few games in a row and put guys on the block...

Old
01-18-2012, 09:08 AM

Let's beat the 17 win streak record of the 92-93 Penguins. We can do it.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
llamateizer

Quote:

actually, 94pts is the number of points to be almost sure making the playoffs (95%).
Mathematically, 85pts can bring you to the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
How many pages r u guys gonna debate tank or not to tank? This is a gdt no?

Habs 4-2
what does the T stand from GDT? Game Day TANK!

Old
01-18-2012, 09:33 AM
NBP81

Are we really to the point where we need 2 GDT. One for the tankers and one for the fans who want to make the POs??

Old
01-18-2012, 09:39 AM
canadian_man_44

For those that want to tank for a possibility of a high pick....please remember that even the number one pick doesn't mean that we will get someone that will even remotely help the team. ex. Alexander Daigle

I'm all for a couple trades to fill in some holes in the current team, however, I would like players that are going to help us long term and not band aid solutions.

With that out of the way....Go Habs Go!!!! Get another win tonight and continue to show the hockey world that the "loser mentality" left for Calgary.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Go Habs ****ing Go.

Closed Thread