HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller Trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 06:52 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Does HFBoards give away free crack at night to create traffic for their site? What a ****ing joke of a thread.

Maybe as a backup plan we should entertain trading Toews for Luongo since we have such great forward depth.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:14 AM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
This is easily the most ridiculous and stupid proposal I've seen in my 5 months of posting here.

If you feel I need to further explain myself further you aren't a Hawks fan and/or you know nothing about Kane, Miller, or hockey in general.

It sounds like the OP has Ryan Miller on his NHL 12 BAGM team and thinks he'd be good in real life.

Somebody roll the "god have mercy on your soul" clip from Billy Maddison. I'm on my phone so I can't properly rain destruction on this disaster of a thread

Old
01-18-2012, 08:42 AM
ChiHawk21

Oh my god why are some people entertaining this idea?? I wouldnt trade for miller at his best for kane. Kane runs our offense he makes it move. He is 23 and may have another 10 years of hockey in him....Miller is playing at the same level as crawford right now....

unreal FORGET TRADING KANE

Old
01-18-2012, 08:56 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If we're moving Kane to Buffalo, it'll be Myers++ coming back.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:00 AM
xX Hot Fuss

If bowman trades Kane for Myers+++ he should be fired.

People are seriously underestimating the yet fully reached potential of our young RW

Old
01-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think we should continue this talk with Miller to Chicago, not Miller to Chicago for Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
Players like Kane don't come around very often and to trade him for a declining goalie and some center is foolish. Crazy talk. Miller is overpaid and his couple of good years were a fluke. Even if he rebounds, I'd still keep Kane. The time of paying goalies over $5m is over. Rather use that cash to build some depth and work on team defense so that a cheaper goalie can do the work. And to be frank, comparing a goalie making $3M a year to one making $6M a year, is the difference between those two really that big to be worth $3M? I think not. I think the last couple of years has shown that giving monster contracts to goalies isn't really such a good idea.
Guy was always good as starter. Always one of the better guys. He was more than solid for most of the time. He had 1 almost perfect year and now people think he only had 1 good season. Miller is a great goalie who has had always great numbers as starter.

He wants out of BUF asap... that's all

Old
01-18-2012, 09:19 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I think we should continue this talk with Miller to Chicago, not Miller to Chicago for Kane

Guy was always good as starter. Always one of the better guys. He was more than solid for most of the time. He had 1 almost perfect year and now people think he only had 1 good season. Miller is a great goalie who has had always great numbers as starter.

He wants out of BUF asap... that's all
He's nowhere near good enough to justify giving up a core player, picks, and prospects. Especially with his salary.

Defense and forward defensive play are bigger issues than goaltending right now. Miller wound have this team by the balls with his cap space. No, no, and no thank you

Old
01-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Miller is putting up a Huet 09/10 caliber season

Crawford/Emery this year > Miller
Kane >>>> Roy

Crawford is also younger then Miller and Kane younger then Roy

No way Hawks even consider your deal

Also really Miller's 09/10 season which was amazing is only season like that in his career. He has been a consistantly good goalie but not consistantly elite

Old
01-18-2012, 09:24 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Oh my god why are some people entertaining this idea?? I wouldnt trade for miller at his best for kane. Kane runs our offense he makes it move. He is 23 and may have another 10 years of hockey in him....Miller is playing at the same level as crawford right now....

unreal FORGET TRADING KANE
Definitely isn't making our offense move at all this year. Our offense is fine without him...it really is.

I think people OVERVALUE Kane way too much. He could easily turn into a bust, then no one is going to want him. He sucks defensively too. I would rather get someone who is better defensively and still has the offense. Is that person available? Probably not, so we're stuck with Kane.

Kane for Miller? No. Crawford going through sophomore slump, he'll get over it. If I were GM, I would not trade Kane unless is was for a superstar, a consistent superstar at that.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Hawkaholic

Miller is Luongo v2.0......PASS

and for Kane?.....wow

Old
01-18-2012, 09:42 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It could be argued that Kane's slightly off year is the Hawks fault for jerking him to and from the center position.
...And maybe the wrist has something to do with it as well.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post

I think people OVERVALUE Kane way too much. He could easily turn into a bust, then no one is going to want him. He sucks defensively too. Probably not, so we're stuck with Kane.

. If I were GM, I would not trade Kane unless is was for a superstar, a consistent superstar at that.
Dude what the hell are you talking about? 11 goals this season erases a Calder trophy, 3 ppg seasons, and the STANLEY CUP GWG!!?

Kane is a special talent, he's slumping right now and he's been completely robbed twice in the past 4 games. 30 out of 30 GMs would murder to have him apart of their future. Unless his name is Malkin, Stamkos, or Giroux I wouldn't trade the 23 year old with A+ potential for anyone.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I would definitely discuss a Miller trade with Buffalo. If the price was right, you do it. Miller is a really good goalie, capable of stealing games. He's on a bad team having a bad year. That being said, Kane isn't even in the discussion. That's ridiculous. His value is much, much higher than Miller, even if Miller was having a Vezina year. If they wanted Crawford and a couple decent prospects, then you think about it. That's as far as you go though.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I would definitely discuss a Miller trade with Buffalo. If the price was right, you do it. Miller is a really good goalie, capable of stealing games. He's on a bad team having a bad year. That being said, Kane isn't even in the discussion. That's ridiculous. His value is much, much higher than Miller, even if Miller was having a Vezina year. If they wanted Crawford and a couple decent prospects, then you think about it. That's as far as you go though.
Miller was a really good goalie (Not elite as his only elite level year appears to be anamoly)

He is 31 yrs old and is playing like Huet right now while having 6M+ cap hit and several years left on his deal

His contract at this point is not a positive thing and it would harm the Hawks going forward to have so much invested in a goalie who is as of now questionable in quality

Old
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If we're going for a veteran goalie, I'd rather make a big push for Kipper out of Calgary. Leopold, Regehr, and Boyes are the guys I'd look at out of Buffalo.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Miller doesn't play like Huet.
Miller is a Top15 Goalie in the NHL.

funny that you give the guy you like on the same team the benefit of the doubt because of this and that, but Miller is awful.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Miller doesn't play like Huet.
Miller is a Top15 Goalie in the NHL.

funny that you give the guy you like on the same team the benefit of the doubt because of this and that, but Miller is awful.
Not this season

He has been one of the worst starting netminder in NHL

Old
01-18-2012, 10:22 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If we're going for a veteran goalie, I'd rather make a big push for Kipper out of Calgary. Leopold, Regehr, and Boyes are the guys I'd look at out of Buffalo.
Miller > Kipper The contracts are similar, Kipper is older. Not sure what positives you see in getting Kipper over Miller.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's a slump.

There are more than enough things I could say why this year is only a slump and he will be great again next year.
You did the same with Roy who plays awful this year. This is the reason BUF wants to trade him.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

If Hawks for some reason need to acquire a goalie at deadline then an old comrade is the guy who should be brought back

Old
01-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's a slump.

There are more than enough things I could say why this year is only a slump and he will be great again next year.
You did the same with Roy who plays awful this year. This is the reason BUF wants to trade him.
He was horrid vs Flyers as well giving up some terribly soft goals and falling apart in final game of series

He also wasn't anything special last year

Old
01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Khabibulin wouldn't be an upgrade over CC. Miller has won a Vezina 2 years ago and always had good/great numbers.

The question is, is it a slump and he wants to go west and forces it or is he declining like Giggy did.
I think it's the slump

Old
01-18-2012, 10:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

Khabby would be a good pickup from the standpoint that you could keep Crawford and go with the hot hand.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:43 AM
stingo

We're not trading Pat Kane for Ryan Miller.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Khabibulin wouldn't be an upgrade over CC. Miller has won a Vezina 2 years ago and always had good/great numbers.

The question is, is it a slump and he wants to go west and forces it or is he declining like Giggy did.
I think it's the slump
Khabby is outplaying both this year

11-13-4 2.41 GAA / .919 Sv Pct + 2 SO

vs
Crawford - 17-10-4 2.84 GAA / .904 Sv Pct
Miller - 11-13-2 3.12 GAA / .898 Sv pct + 1 SO

Of course Khabby has luxury of playing on amazing Edmonton team

Closed Thread